Why do people keep using it here? If you think you're starting a trend, you're not. Nobody cares except that it is jarring to the eyes and confuses the reader.

Here is a list of all known terms that OG could represent...

OG - What does OG stand for? The Free Dictionary

If you want to say original Passport, just say "orig.".

/endthread

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 01:46 AM
    Original Gangster lol
    08-17-15 01:50 AM
    Please move this thread moderator. Thanks.
    08-17-15 01:51 AM
    Off topic meaning it shouldn't even exist on this forum to begin with.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-17-15 01:57 AM
    Please move this thread moderator. Thanks.
    Considering that this is the only sub-forum where OG is being used, perhaps the thread is not as off-topic as it seems.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    08-17-15 01:57 AM
    Considering that this is the only sub-forum where OG is being used, perhaps the thread is not as off-topic as it seems.

Posted via CB10
    Already been discussed. Stems from the phrase Original Gangster and has become synonymous with standing for original or the first of something.

Deal with it.
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    08-17-15 02:01 AM
    OP, if you're not well versed in North American slang, that's fine, but you should know what you're talking about before telling everyone they are wrong.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    bungaboy and BerryRipe like this.
    08-17-15 02:08 AM
    I love my OG passport. I would like an SE Passport, but it's not a good time.

Damn I love my OG passport.

It's even the black, the OG of the OG.

FML
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-17-15 02:39 AM
    OP, if you're not well versed in North American slang, that's fine, but you should know what you're talking about before telling everyone they are wrong.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    Apparently he's sufficiently well versed to know that if the O stands for original, the G is redundant and does not belong there.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    bodjor and dejanh like this.
    08-17-15 02:50 AM
    Depending on the context, OG can be referred to various terms.
    When we are talking about the Passport, I think OG could stands for Original. It is interpretable and understandable.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:41 AM
    Hate to break it to you, OP, but the trend of calling something OG, short for Original Gangster, was started a long time ago.

I don't know where you're from, and maybe it's not common there, but in the States and probably Canada too, OG is just kind of a funny way to identify something as original. No one ever says it seriously. My mom probably has no idea what it means.

I think you're taking it way too seriously..

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and BerryRipe like this.
    08-17-15 03:44 AM
    OG is written on my glass bong at home. Original Gangster. Canadian!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    08-17-15 03:49 AM
    Hate to break it to you, OP, but the trend of calling something OG, short for Original Gangster, was started a long time ago.

I don't know where you're from, and maybe it's not common there, but in the States and probably Canada too, OG is just kind of a funny way to identify something as original. No one ever says it seriously. My mom probably has no idea what it means.

I think you're taking it way too seriously..

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying it's not stupid; it's deliberately stupid and therefore clever?

dejanh likes this.
    08-17-15 03:52 AM
    So you're saying it's not stupid; it's deliberately stupid and therefore clever?

... you missed the point.

The point is it's not to be taken seriously, it's a slang term that the OP was over reacting to, telling people to call it something else just because he/she doesn't "get it."

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:06 AM
    Just look at it this way:
    OriGinal.

You're welcome.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    bodjor and BerryRipe like this.
    08-17-15 05:34 AM
    PROTIP: when someone paraphrases your point, it doesn't mean they missed it. Quite the opposite.

There's about as much thought went into that as went into using "OG" as an abbreviation of "original".

dejanh likes this.
    08-17-15 05:44 AM
    Even with smartphones, OG has stood for the first for quite a while and no it didn't start here. For example. OG Motorola Droid sees Android 2.3.4 build courtesy of Peter Alfonso | Android Central

It will make me smile when people start calling the Classic Gen1 the OG Classic
    08-17-15 05:58 AM
    Yawn...who cares. Wait...why am I responding this..

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Passport SE!
    blambtn likes this.
    08-17-15 07:11 AM
    Why do people keep using it here? If you think you're starting a trend, you're not. Nobody cares except that it is jarring to the eyes and confuses the reader.

Here is a list of all known terms that OG could represent...

OG - What does OG stand for? The Free Dictionary

If you want to say original Passport, just say "orig.".

/endthread

Posted via CB10
    Nobody's trying to start a trend. You, however, are using political correctness and your hypersensivity, to make yourself out to be some kind of social crusader and it is plain to see.

This kind of slang has been in social circulation for close to three decades now...the only thing you are is behind the times.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-17-15 07:32 AM
    Already been discussed. Stems from the phrase Original Gangster and has become synonymous with standing for original or the first of something.

Deal with it.
    That's the most stupid thing i've ever heard of in my entire life! For an individual to be a gangster, a gang is required. What I'm saying is that the first gangster wouldn't have a gang since he or she is the first so therefore, not a gangster since there is no gang. It's like trying to find the original teammate of your favourite team or the original parishioner in a parish. The original member of parliament etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-17-15 07:52 AM
    That's the most stupid thing i've ever heard of in my entire life! For an individual to be a gangster, a gang is required. What I'm saying is that the first gangster wouldn't have a gang since he or she is the first so therefore, not a gangster since there is no gang. It's like trying to find the original teammate of your favourite team or the original parishioner in a parish. The original member of parliament etc.

"Gangster", "hustler", "diva"... these are all terms that have morphed/ been reappropriated over time. I used to be annoyed by it too. But when you look at the bigger picture, a LOT of postmodern English was once slang. Languages change. You can either go with the flow, or stand against the tide and get left behind. The world will keep on turnin' either way...

08-17-15 08:35 AM
    Ban BBM stickers too! No fun anywhere at any time.

OG serious business type peoples only!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 09:24 AM
    OG is written on my glass bong at home. Original Gangster. Canadian!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Watch this video.
    Title : Body Count - Invincible Gangsta
    Video url :
    Shared using FastTube BlackBerry 10 app!

 Classic
    08-17-15 09:30 AM
    "Gangster", "hustler", "diva"... these are all terms that have morphed/ been reappropriated over time. I used to be annoyed by it too. But when you look at the bigger picture, a LOT of postmodern English was once slang. Languages change. You can either go with the flow, or stand against the tide and get left behind. The world will keep on turnin' either way...

Presumably the type of people who attribute new meanings to words (like the three you mentioned) and invent curious new ways of pronouncing existing words are well educated and hold the relevant degrees to educate me on the Queen's English and I can take their linguistic suggestions and reapply them with the warm confidence that I'm helping to better my language and build confidently on the bedrock of it's foundation. I mean, it's not as though we're allowing our language to be shaped by people who wander around in jeans two sizes too big and no belt. Is it?

I'll stand against the tide thanks and watch the clowns do their thing.

blackmoe likes this.
    08-17-15 09:50 AM
    I love my OG passport. I would like an SE Passport, but it's not a good time.

Damn I love my OG passport.

It's even the black, the OG of the OG.

FML
    Damn, now I have this running through my head:

although I like the adaptation for Office Space, the OG video is better.
    08-17-15 09:54 AM
59 123