With BlackBerry being all sneaky like and distracting us all with the Priv near the release of Fallout 4, I'm wondering how many Bethesda fanatics - such as myself put the priv talk aside... and were up until 4:30 AM last night after the launch?

Have you checked out the Pip-Boy app on Google Play? That was brilliant. (tip: minimize the pipboy on your phone to reduce heat consumption).
    What do you think so far?

Personally I'm loving it. I found some pretty crazy bugs. And it's incredible how big you can build your settlements. If enough people play it here, although I doubt it, I'll spin up a BBM chat

Off Topic : Fallout 4 Release-img_20151110_083810.png

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Last edited by KermEd; 11-15-15 at 01:49 PM.
    11-10-15 09:39 AM
    I just got the game yesterday. Never knew what the app does so I never bothered to download it.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    11-14-15 08:44 AM
    I just got the game yesterday. Never knew what the app does so I never bothered to download it.

It's pretty handy. But man does it get warm on your phone . If you go for Xbox or PS4, there are a couple of BBM chats with other gamers.

I have to confess, I'm only 26hrs in (level 17 and growing). Been loving how indepth it is though

11-14-15 01:11 PM
    Really? Quite the opposite for me. 17 hours, and I'm almost level 30.

11-15-15 12:43 AM
    Really? Quite the opposite for me. 17 hours, and I'm almost level 30.

I've been mostly exploring and messing with game mechanics . Sitting at 22 now but I'm still trying to work out some of the deeper logic.

It can be hard to see who I've assigned to what for example in one really big settlement. So I've started to equip them with certain gear depending on their roles (i.e. Laundered dresses and mining hats) to indicate what they do here. That way when 6 people magically appear at the settlement I know who to assign.

Interestingly the docs say unassigned settlers automatically scavenge (collect spare food, purified water and caps - depending on what resources you've bought). However I have at least one village where I swear unassigned are auto joining the farmers.

I've found a couple of purified water things and some scavengers though can really turn over a lot of sellable junk -> good to sell and burn off on your own traders for sure.

Some good materials:
    - about advanced electricity https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comment...ur_settlement/
    - settlement size basic math https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutsett..._a_settlement/

Last edited by KermEd; 11-15-15 at 02:33 PM.
    11-15-15 01:46 PM
    I just started with the settlements, actually. Got mostly Defenses and just enough resources. Loaded two of my guys with Power Armour and Miniguns so it's all good.

I just finished the game so I'm trying to find and explore secret areas right now. I hope there are gonna be places as interesting as in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Finding the nuclear detonation site in Fallout 4 wasn't nearly as awesome as finding the one in New Vegas, but it's a nice sight.

11-15-15 05:01 PM
    I got that target exclusive Nuka Cola if anyone is interested in it message me. Serious offers only
    Off Topic : Fallout 4 Release-img_20151120_130344.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 01:41 PM
    I got that target exclusive Nuka Cola if anyone is interested in it message me. Serious offers only
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151120_130344.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	381391

Posted via CB10
    Your probably going to want to post that somewhere like the marketplace lol

11-20-15 08:50 PM
    Anyone else not really use power armor all that much?

Also, I like how you can do certain plot decisions that make characters hate you in one conversation, but you've picked enough locks/hacked enough terminals to still make them your #1 fan immediately after.
    11-20-15 09:06 PM

Also, I like how you can do certain plot decisions that make characters hate you in one conversation, but you've picked enough locks/hacked enough terminals to still make them your #1 fan immediately after.
    Hey! Yeah. I used it a few times at lower levels. But I don't wanna risk fusion cores.

A handy trick, fusion cores sell for the same price at 1/100 life as 100/100 . My goal is to explore and clear every building, knowing that they respawn. But so far I've found less comrades than I expected to pick out of!

Your right on the interactions. I felt they kinda dumbed down a few parts, still, phenomenal work on their part making the game.

11-21-15 01:11 AM
    Your right on the interactions. I felt they kinda dumbed down a few parts, still, phenomenal work on their part making the game.
    I really wanted them to go back to Fallout 1-2 and have a low INT run be completely different dialogue-wise than the regular game. Like this:

Especially since any queries about the nature of your quest can be reduced to one word:
    KermEd likes this.
    11-21-15 04:00 AM
    Your probably going to want to post that somewhere like the marketplace lol

It goes with the game so this is a pretty good spot. People have been trying to get their hands on it but it's sold out

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:01 AM

I don't use it that much. I have over 100 fusion cores but I still refuse to use them because the trouble of repairing them will cost me my aluminum, steel, and plastic which is much rather use for upgrading weapons and armour.

11-21-15 07:53 AM
    It goes with the game so this is a pretty good spot. People have been trying to get their hands on it but it's sold out

Posted via CB10
    It's amazing to see how desperate people are to try and taste a drink made for a video game.

11-21-15 07:55 AM
    I don't use it that much. I have over 100 fusion cores but I still refuse to use them because the trouble of repairing them will cost me my aluminum, steel, and plastic which is much rather use for upgrading weapons and armour.

Yeah, all things said and done the armour pretty much is good for one-mission at a time too.

But I did like that it feels much more power armour like than previous ones

11-21-15 01:41 PM
    I really wanted them to go back to Fallout 1-2 and have a low INT run be completely different dialogue-wise than the regular game. Like this:

Especially since any queries about the nature of your quest can be reduced to one word:
    It's been SO long since I played 1 or 2, I don't even remember it's style anymore. Sounds like I have some vidz for reading materials!

11-21-15 02:05 PM
    Yeah, all things said and done the armour pretty much is good for one-mission at a time too.

But I did like that it feels much more power armour like than previous ones

Yessss. That feeling is really amazing. The previous games only wore them as two piece apparel, but now it feels amazing how it's like a mobile safe-haven. Though, it feels like it breaks too fast.

KermEd likes this.
    11-21-15 07:42 PM
    Yessss. That feeling is really amazing. The previous games only wore them as two piece apparel, but now it feels amazing how it's like a mobile safe-haven. Though, it feels like it breaks too fast.

I finally used it again to defend a rather large settlement against a large bunch of super mutants. Not the average ones they were super charged. The upgraded minigun barely scratched em but the suit kept me safe at least

I also shoulda used it when going to recover the castle. But it didn't have a good nearby fast travel spot prior to the big attack...

Man I should give the game a break for a few...

11-22-15 12:27 AM
    Favorite companion(s)?

Some plot choices meant I had to go back to Sanctuary and execute one or two of my companions, but the rest should either hate me or are so enamoured with my lockpicking that they'll overlook what I did.
    11-23-15 03:06 PM
    Favorite companion(s)?

Some plot choices meant I had to go back to Sanctuary and execute one or two of my companions, but the rest should either hate me or are so enamoured with my lockpicking that they'll overlook what I did.
    Cait.

She has a decent weapon, and she seems to be one hell of a bullet sponge without too much armour. Also, I'm romancing her.

11-23-15 03:33 PM
    Cait.

She has a decent weapon, and she seems to be one hell of a bullet sponge without too much armour. Also, I'm romancing her.

Ended up romancing Piper, more due to lock picking than charisma.

I usually make my first playthrough as sadistic demon-spawn (nuke Megaton and whatnot), but the lack of a karma system plus the railroadiness of the Minutemen quests and Piper's nagging means I became a goody two shoes. If I picked the snarky option, or haggled for caps, then she wouldn't like that.

She also doesn't like the Brotherhood of Steel, but I don't either, so that was an easy decision. Makes the "bad ending" more satisfying.
    11-23-15 03:40 PM
    Ended up romancing Piper, more due to lock picking than charisma.

I usually make my first playthrough as sadistic demon-spawn (nuke Megaton and whatnot), but the lack of a karma system plus the railroadiness of the Minutemen quests and Piper's nagging means I became a goody two shoes. If I picked the snarky option, or haggled for caps, then she wouldn't like that.

She also doesn't like the Brotherhood of Steel, but I don't either, so that was an easy decision. Makes the "bad ending" more satisfying.
    But siding with the Brotherhood is the bomb. You get all the cool stuff I have like fifteen Power Armour in Sanctuary Hills, and half of them are completed sets.

I'm starting a second playthrough to go with the Institute, though. I wanna see what it's like, but I'm really too lazy to get to the part where I am already where I have all my armour and weapons.

11-23-15 04:10 PM
    But siding with the Brotherhood is the bomb. You get all the cool stuff I have like fifteen Power Armour in Sanctuary Hills, and half of them are completed sets.

I'm starting a second playthrough to go with the Institute, though. I wanna see what it's like, but I'm really too lazy to get to the part where I am already where I have all my armour and weapons.

Institute playthrough felt shorter than expected. I think the others get more missions. Although, I haven't tried to chat up the Institute companion yet, but even if I get him, he's going to chill at Sanctuary while I hit the road with Piper.

Second playthrough would be the Railroad. Heard that the armored clothing you get from them is ridiculously overpowered.
    11-23-15 04:56 PM
    Institute playthrough felt shorter than expected. I think the others get more missions. Although, I haven't tried to chat up the Institute companion yet, but even if I get him, he's going to chill at Sanctuary while I hit the road with Piper.

Second playthrough would be the Railroad. Heard that the armored clothing you get from them is ridiculously overpowered.
    Well the Brotherhood side wasn't exactly long either after you make your choice. It's just extremely annoying. But I guess the Power Armour is worth it.

11-24-15 07:46 AM
    Pip boy app works?! No stupid Google play dependencies ?! I'll be right back

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-28-15 09:03 PM
34 12