I have 3 boys and all 3 LOVE to watch the little mermaid but bugs bunny cartoons can't hold their attention. Can all 3 be that different from me to where what I like they can't or choose not to? Now don't get me wrong they like fraggle rock and scoobydoo but not bugs. Is this off to anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:40 PM
    I don't think there is anything to worry about....kind of something petty to be concerned over...
    03-18-09 07:48 PM
    Let them be themselves. If they like something else then allow them to grow to be individuals. Liking shows you don't necessarily enjoy doesn't show a mental illness or anything. Just means they are being themselves.

03-18-09 08:04 PM
    My six year old daughter loves betty boop and tom and jerry. And don't even get me started on the roadrunner and wylie.

03-18-09 09:47 PM
    My 7 yr old daughter loves Sci-fi. I would rather be locked in a closet then have to sit through Star Wars. Honestly I like that she has her own personality, likes and dislikes- it makes her who she is and not my mini-me.
    03-19-09 08:46 AM
    My 5 yo loves pretty much any cartoon. His little sister (2 yo) hates cartoons. She would rather watch a hockey game with me than see Alice in Wonderland. She will watch kids movies, but only if they are live action or hybrids like Alvin and the Chipmunks. She does like the Baby Einstein series though.

I do love the fact that she will sit and watch a hockey game with me though. She wants me to put her little jersey on every time too. My heart just melts when she starts yelling at the refs.
    03-19-09 10:02 AM
    That's what's so great about little kids. They don't care. In my daughter's pre-k class the girls play with the boys and the boys play with dolls. That don't notice the different races, and if they do they don't care. My girl won't go anywhere near bugs bunny, but loves to watch football. My husband and I don't watch it so who knows where that came from. I think it's great.
    03-19-09 04:12 PM
    That's what's so great about little kids. They don't care. In my daughter's pre-k class the girls play with the boys and the boys play with dolls. That don't notice the different races, and if they do they don't care. My girl won't go anywhere near bugs bunny, but loves to watch football. My husband and I don't watch it so who knows where that came from. I think it's great.

It is great when people can look past gender stereotypes. Children usually pick up on these stereotypes at an early age because they observe it all over the place...therefore it is refreshing to hear or see children who don't care and just like what they like. Parents who can break free from gender molds and be proud of their children no matter what understand the true meaning of being a parent IMO.
    03-19-09 04:22 PM
    I have 3 boys and all 3 LOVE to watch the little mermaid but bugs bunny cartoons can't hold their attention. Can all 3 be that different from me to where what I like they can't or choose not to? Now don't get me wrong they like fraggle rock and scoobydoo but not bugs. Is this off to anyone else?
    When you really watch most of the Bugs Bunny toons, you realize that the under laying humor is really more adult than kiddie related. Most kids get the slapstick and funny noises, but the humor, is a little over their heads, especially if it's any of the WW2 era and pre-60's Bugs toons.
    03-20-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD