There is at least 3 ways to search from the main "storm forum" page.....and this board is laid out the same as almost every other forum out there. i fail to see your point
    12-20-08 02:09 AM
    Yes, but I see you failed to read the part where I said “easily”... As in; if it’s not in front of a users face, it’s not easy enough. Anyone in a corporate environment knows this..

Users are stupid, if you want to cut down on stupid user acts you need to design a workaround. Until then my point was simply quit ******** about repetitive posts…
    12-20-08 02:19 AM
    Maybe yours was the exception, but how can the duplicate unneccessary threads be pointed out if the threads they're duplicating aren't indicated? Quit taking it as an affront to your character. This wasn't posted as a personal attack on you.
    Yeah OK. I just tried to be clear & concise with my issue & thread titles in hopes that info could be shared. The others you posted... not so much. Sorry didn't really mean fly off the handle like that. I just seriously took a lot of thought before posting my thread in the hopes that it would contribute to the discussion and help myself & others as well, since I know that's what we really all want.
    12-20-08 04:10 AM
    There are also a lot of knowledgable regulars who are not at all bothered by newbie questions.

At the same time, if you do post a newbie question without reading some of the FAQs etc., don't be surprised if the answer is to be redirected to such a post.

It can be hard to locate info even with search, expecially if you really don't know what to look for to find what you need.

Reading the FAQs and some of the pinned posts first might be a good idea, but what fun would a forum be if no one needed to post? =)

Go for it.
    12-20-08 04:41 AM
    You all really need to read....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...lution-118095/
    12-20-08 04:53 AM
    Yep very good read. I hope people will actually take the time and read it.
    12-20-08 07:03 AM
    I don't like the "use search" response either. The search function on the site does not make it that easy to find what you need.

The best search info I found was to use search to search the forums.

type forums.crackbery.(.)com what you are looking for

then check those links
    12-20-08 07:42 AM
    I think it's human nature for people to be rude and obnoxious in the safety of their chair in front of their computer. Some of their comments, if made in person, may land them a good swift "CRACK" upside their heads!

12-20-08 08:34 AM
    I think it's human nature for people to be rude and obnoxious in the safety of their chair in front of their computer. Some of their comments, if made in person, may land them a good swift "CRACK" upside their heads!

True, but that doesn't change the fact that people should actually look for an answer before making a new thread.
    12-20-08 08:35 AM
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that people should actually look for an answer before making a new thread.
    Or responding in a thread without reading the whole thread.

Seriously though, while people should be nice, the FAQs and Stickies are there for a reason.
    12-20-08 10:42 AM
    Many times, we greet new members that have already searched. Nearly any BlackBerry related question in Google brings them to a CrackBerry item, usually right at the top.

The ones I look out for are the new member with a problem. They have taken the time to register and post, they deserve an answer they can use to get back to productive again.

Suggesting further searching is a null response, it does nothing to help the new member in distress.

Finding the answer and posting a link is better. If you have been a regular and seen the question many times, you can probably find your favorite answer thread quickly. Use the gray matter, it works best that way.

Best of all, greet them warmly, reassure that problem is manageable and answer it yourself if simple. Link to to a How to or a CrackBerry 101 thread for more information.

Some members have compiled a list of favorite answer links. That is how SuperBad does it.
    12-20-08 01:27 PM

The ones I look out for are the new member with a problem. They have taken the time to register and post, they deserve an answer they can use to get back to productive again.

Suggesting further searching is a null response, it does nothing to help the new member in distress.

I definitely agree. No matter how I feel about the topic, I still try and post the most helpful answer possible. I understand most new members have no clue about searching.
    I know it can be annoying, but I still don't think they deserved to be flamed. Again, if you don't like the topic, keep it moving...
    12-20-08 01:34 PM
    I've always disagreed with the notion that there is no such thing as a stupid question. IMO, a stupid question is one that you have not tried to answer for yourself. The answer found on your own is far more valuable than the answer given to you.
    I understand what you mean but in any social setting, whether in a big class or forum such as this, people will not ask the question they want for fear of being foolish or thought stupid. When somebody starts thier posts with "I know this is a stupid question" they're already saying that they think they're wasting our time. I think it's important to people who are new to the forum to feel welcome and to realize that a lot of the "stupid" questions they're asking was asked many times by others on the site when they were newbies.
    12-20-08 01:38 PM
    I definitely agree. No matter how I feel about the topic, I still try and post the most helpful answer possible. I understand most new members have no clue about searching.
    I know it can be annoying, but I still don't think they deserved to be flamed. Again, if you don't like the topic, keep it moving...
    That attitude is what make CX are leading contender for the Year End CrackBerry Award. The cream rises to the top.
    12-20-08 01:39 PM
    Yes I agree

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 03:02 PM
    Sorry you had a frustrating experience

Since CrackBerry is like its own little city, or community, there are a lot of different people. Some may react to things differently than others. Just like the neighbor you don't get along with, teach you do not like, or person that gets on your nerves and cannot keep their mouths shut for the life of them. haha

There will always be rude and disrespectful people no matter where you go, so try to look past it and count all of the good things CB has to offer. I hope your issue got resolved eventually, and I know that the rude members can be a pain

CB's New Years resolution addresses this problem.... and hopefully we will see a change!! As for the comment about people obsessing over their phones / having it as the center of their life... I feel that was sort of outta line. The same people you are making fun of in this case are the ones who probably came out to help you!! haha Once again, CB is a very diverse community... just because people know a lot about their Berry and have experience does not mean they have no life. Everyone has a different level of knowledge, level of skill and degree of "comfortability" with their device. To each his own.

Just be happy there are truly helpful members out there to step in when things get outta hand. Hope you enjoy your stay at CB!!
    12-21-08 11:35 PM
    I agree, I see that on so many other forums. What's the difference, even if you just cut and paste from an old post, it brings the discussion back to the surface and maybe someone will come up with new a solution.
    12-22-08 01:32 PM
    i fully agree with the OP
    12-22-08 02:17 PM
    I soooo agree with you. I am new to crackberry but I have been a blackberry user for years. I have found people to be extremely rude.. but it is what it is.
    12-22-08 03:08 PM
    Your soooooo nice!
    Don't take it personal
    You're a tree hugger aren't u?
    It's YOU'RE....
    12-22-08 03:10 PM
    Another thing...Most of the users here are used to have EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING handed to them that it is NO surprise the most asinine of questions are asked most all of the time.

You want a BB Storm and you can't even search, touch buttons here and there to TRY and learn the device for yourself?

Then as if that were something hard to do you have the audacity to ask things that were answered. Searching doesn't have to be done... READING a thread from page 1 to the end is pretty easy, but you lazy arse people want things handed to you like your mommy and daddy hand you things without earning them....

Sad.
    12-22-08 03:13 PM
    geezus...some of the thread titles are f'in ridiculous
    I have been lurking these forums for a couple of weeks now, as I am one of those types of people that researches something extensively before taking the plunge on purchasing it, especially with a device like the Storm which had such a shaky start and mixed reviews all around. This resource has been amazing to find the answers to many of my questions, as well as inform me of things I didnt even know about. However, during that time, it is very easy to notice trends among many of the people that post. You begin to see avatars, and usernames, and almost based on those, you learn if their post is going to be useful, helpful, informative, etc, based solely on the trends of their previous posts. It is always comforting to see some usernames pop up in threads because you know business is being taken care of, and questions are being answered.

However, this works in vice versa. With some people, you begin to just expect a smartass/rude/snide comment, or just an overall "bothered" attitude that, in such a wonderful place like this, should be calmed, quieted, or just not even posted. With that being said, Mr. Nguyen, I feel you fall into this second category after seeing your responses in numerous threads. I dont think there is anyone amongst these "regulars" who are as condescending on a consistent level as you are. Now, I do understand that you know a good amount about the device, much more so than many of these people that are posting replica threads, but that doesnt mean you need to go about answering or "helping" them in a condescending manner. It would be a shame to turn someone off to a community that can be so helpful in hundreds of different ways. It's not fair to those who are new and just looking for a question to be answered, and not fair to those who have answered the same question 30 times, and are still willing to do so tomorrow or the next day.
    12-22-08 03:36 PM
    Mr. Nguyen, I feel you fall into this second category after seeing your responses in numerous threads.

I'm sorry, but i gotta throw a no taste flag on this one.
    This is probably the one person here that stopped a few thousand early storm returns, between leaking and hosting the .75 OS and then patiently spoon feeding a bunch of folk the how to's on getting their upgrade bugs fixed.
    He also paid for a pretty big chunk of data out of his own pocket to bring the BB community the .75 leak.

Sure he's an @ss, never mind...
    12-22-08 04:07 PM
    I'm sorry, but i gotta throw a no taste flag on this one.
    This is probably the one person here that stopped a few thousand early storm returns, between leaking and hosting the .75 OS and then patiently spoon feeding a bunch of folk the how to's on getting their upgrade bugs fixed.
    He also paid for a pretty big chunk of data out of his own pocket to bring the BB community the .75 leak.

Sure he's an @ss, never mind...
    There are several people in that category. These people give to our community. Ther are also many who just take and a few who just take it out on us.
    12-22-08 04:47 PM
    this place has changed drastically since the Storm was released...we have had an influx of people joining in Nov and Dec and Ive noticed a lot of these newbs are some of the ones that are being obnoxious and are the ones putting people down. We all gotta start somewhere, but I am a regular and have been since June, but I dont think in my 600 something posts have I ever told someone to use the search function, or been rude to someone for asking a question that I may have thought was stupid or simply could have been answered by searching. I do hafta say though, it is pretty annoying having to sift thru the countless repeated thread topics to find something useful, and everyone of these threads are started by someone that joined in Nov or Dec...I mean come on, on any given day, you can have the same topic thread found about 3 or 4 times on one page!! I dont think the storm forum is moderated enough and it has been getting out of control, but I think people need to relax a bit and start trying to help eachother instead of belittleing or flameing eachother. Its getting to the point where this site was once a very mature forum board and is turning into a teenage drama queen site and that is gonna force a lot of the knowledgable regulars out of here. Give it a break people, just use some common sense when your gonna start a thread...if your looking for an answer to something, try to search for it first, you will be surprised at how useful it is and 9 out of 10 times you will find the answers to your problems within the first few topics that pop up
    12-22-08 04:54 PM
222 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD