I can see why they do it. Every forum is like that. Ppl get annoyed of the same question asked multiple times a day. If I go to a forum ill search before I ask. This isn't the only forum to act this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 08:56 PM
    i agree some people get very rude, i have even done it myself. I understand both sides, on one hand its everyones right to post whatever he or she chooses, but on the other it is extremely frustrating when people make new threads or senseless posts to waste everyones time. even including their own to make said post.
    12-17-08 09:01 PM
    I really don't understand what's so hars abput the search....I see so many threads that have been addressed!
    Stop being lazy people?

12-17-08 09:08 PM
    I really don't understand what's so hars abput the search....I see so many threads that have been addressed!
    Stop being lazy people?

stop hatin, start participatin
    make hugs, not drugs
    cover your stump before you hump
    12-17-08 09:16 PM
    Stop being lazy people?

The search sucks @ss... period. Its not just here... its the same thing on a car forum i go to every day as well.

Sure if you do a search for "i hate my storm" or "dust under screen" your going to get 3 pages of relevant posts straight up...

But do a search for something uncommon and very specific... You might spend hours going through 50 pages of unrelated topics when someone might have the answer fresh in their minds and ready to answer you.

I just found these forums and like most who posted here, find it has great info for all BB products but the condescending replies from some are a big turn off.

Feels like im developing a use and abuse mentality when i come here rather than trying to become one of the familiy when you get replies like "its been posted already"

Are people boosting their post counts with "use search" ?
    12-17-08 10:22 PM
    I think everyone should visit the Help/Faq forum and read everything in there if they are new to Blackberry devices.

12-17-08 10:38 PM
    Thank you!!! I was thinking this!!!! Some people need to just grow up!

12-17-08 10:47 PM
    Its true that sometimes comments are rude but if people can post uninformed questions then others can post rude remarks.

And honestly its not that hard to search the forums.

There are arguments for both sides and the battle will never end.

12-17-08 10:55 PM
    I have a question...

Why is my GPS not working on my Verizon Blackberry?

Any help anyone?

12-17-08 11:01 PM
    Honestly we're not all here to help you. We're here to talk about the phone and trade OSes and tips and tricks. If you're asking questions and are new many of us are willing to help people. But when there are a ton of you who all come in and ask the same question over and over answering the same question gets really old.

We're not getting paid to answer your questions. So why not run a few searches and see if you can get the answer on your own? Perhaps you'll end up with more knowledgeable people here as asking the same question over and over runs some of us off.

Honestly I don't get how people can just come in here and ask a question with out at least searching first and not feel like a totally worthless human being. Now granted sometimes you don't find it. But you should at least try!

EDIT: Honestly I think that people should have to run 10 searches before they are allowed to post. Just like people have to post 10 times before they can post a link.
    12-17-08 11:04 PM
    I have a question...

Why is my GPS not working on my Verizon Blackberry?

Any help anyone?

Go to options > advanced > Gps and turn on the location service. (or you could have simply searched and found this on your own).
    12-17-08 11:06 PM
    Go to options > advanced > Gps and turn on the location service. (or you could have simply searched and found this on your own).
    It was a joke buddy..
    12-17-08 11:10 PM
    So was the answer...
    12-17-08 11:12 PM
    Honestly we're not all here to help you.

We're not getting paid to answer your questions.
    Very true. So people can just continue not helping by not posting "use search"

Nothing helpful to say, or you know but just dont want to help? move on....

either someone else will pick it up, or the post will stay dead and the OP will either search harder, or find another source for their info.

No need for members to flex their epeen here with the almighty "search" answer
    12-17-08 11:24 PM
    Very true. So people can just continue not helping by not posting "use search"

Nothing helpful to say, or you know but just dont want to help? move on....

either someone else will pick it up, or the post will stay dead and the OP will either search harder, or find another source for their info.

No need for members to flex their epeen here with the almighty "search" answer
    actually, saying "use the search function" is VERY helpful b/c many noobs DO NOT know there IS a search function.

another problem is that many posters (not just noobs) only look at what's on the FIRST page, without regard to the stickies at the top.

i like to help out where i can, but it gets tedious to answer the SAME QUESTION a billions times
    12-17-08 11:44 PM
    Agreed. Alot of people just go on this site and say to themselves "i can't figure it out so i will just start a new thread and someone will answer my problem" then they never return to crackberry again. They dont care about the people that read the same question over and over again as they dont even care about crackberry.
    12-17-08 11:48 PM
    actually, saying "use the search function" is VERY helpful b/c many noobs DO NOT know there IS a search function.

another problem is that many posters (not just noobs) only look at what's on the FIRST page, without regard to the stickies at the top.

i like to help out where i can, but it gets tedious to answer the SAME QUESTION a billions times
    Totally agreed saying to search IS helping in my opinion. There is a good mass of knowledge here already. That is why the forum doesn't delete all posts every 24 hours. Telling someone that they should have searched often opens their eyes to a whole new world.

Can you imagine of someone was to walk into a library with people all sitting around studying and reading to themselves quietly and just hollered out:

I NEED A BOOK ON WHY MY GPS DOESNT WORK!!! The librarian would tell them to shut the he!! up and show them how to use the dewey decimal system.
    12-17-08 11:52 PM
    There seems to be a common thought here that the search function isn't very good. For the benefit of the newbies, let me point out two features that can really help. First is the Advanced Search. If you're pretty sure you saw sunkast answer a question sometime in the last month, do a search for posts by sunkast with 2 or more replies in the last month. That will REALLY filter the results and help you find what you want much more quickly.

The second search trick is to use the Google Site command. In a Google Search box, type "site: forums.crackberry.com search terms" This technique lets you search CrackBerry with the full power of Google.

I'm sorry that some of you have experienced rude responses. It happens. If it happens to you, don't respond in kind. That just wastes more time and prolongs the fight. If you're really offended, report the post. Otherwise, just ignore it. Somebody else will come along and answer your question, if anybody knows the answer. Sometimes nobody does. And if you haven't searched, try it!

Generally if I search and find an answer for someone, I will tell them the search terms I used and suggest that they search using them if they need more information. After all, it is in everyone's best interest to learn how to search.
    12-18-08 12:00 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to this site. I think its great and has replaced many of my trusty reliable websites as the first site i go to first thing in the morning. Im super excited with my new storm. I really don't know why their are any complaints with this phone because i think its the greatest phone i have ever used. Sure its a little quirky at times and their are things that could make it perfect but compared to my Treo 700P its like its made in a different century. So....on to the point if your still reading...

Why do people feel the need to post rude obnoxious responses to people who aren't really familiar with everything Blackberry or this site? Believe it or not there are actually people whose lives don't revolve around their phone.....If someone googles a problem they have and Crackberry comes up of course they are going to try to post something asap so they can get their questions answered. That is kind of the point of a message board isn't it. Social interaction. Dose it really bother people that much to read a post that might have been answered already? And if you have already wasted your time reading it... Why would you waste your time answering it with a rude response? If your going to post a rude response why don't you just take the time to answer the question..I dont know...i just find myself getting more annoyed with people complaining about other people searching than i do when someone might as a stupid or redundant question.

GO STORM!

-KG
    First of, Congratulations on your Storm. Enjoy your BlackBerry and don't take the comments personal. Some forget the main reason that we are here - our BlackBerries. BTW, I address the negativity in my signature
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-29-09 at 06:25 PM.
    12-18-08 12:12 AM
    Obviously I'm somewhat new to posting (check my low count), but I've been hanging around Crackberry since I first heard about the Storm. I've had my Storm for almost a week now, and the only reason I know what I know about the device is because of all the great information that everyone has put on this site. For all the veteran superstars, if you don't feel like answering a repeat question, then just let it go. Us "noobs" can answer the repeats, which will in turn add more responses to the site, which should turn up more accurate hits for the next person's search in the future, which should slowly, over time, weed out the repeat questions.

Just what I think. I love freak'n love Crackberry, both veteran all-stars and noobs alike.
    12-18-08 12:12 AM
    I understand where you are coming from. I felt the same way. I also feel the need to tell someone to search too.

Example - a week or so ago rim was down. There were multiple threads started about the problem. All a person had to do was look and they would have found the answer. You didn't even have to search. They were all right there one right after the other. It does get frustrating when people don't at least TRY and find an answer.

12-18-08 12:14 AM
    While its understandable why some people hate to see multiple posts on the same topic, being rude or flippant isn't necessary. Because a lot of people who come here are not familiar with search but see a lot of threads started with questions it would be very easy for them to do the same. Don't just assume that they should know how to search.

One thing I've tried to do when answering or responding to a newbie especially when they apologize for asking a stupid question is to remind them that not only is there no stupid questions but only because we asked them first.

12-18-08 12:50 AM
    Quoted directly from the Forum Rules and Policies ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/ ) :

Use the Site Search and Forum Search
    If you have a basic question that needs answering, depending on the specifics, there�s a good chance the answer might already be posted in the forums and/or elsewhere on the site. We�ve assembled a lot of the basic blackberry FAQs on the site, and with the forums growing daily there is a lot of knowledge accumulating in the database. Doing site searches before posting will help keep things efficient.
    The administrator of this site posted this for a reason. These repetitive threads make the site alot harder to find information. It's one thing if someone made an honest attempt to search and couldnt find what they need. But when someone posts "My phone just did this.......anyone else have that happen?" then its obvious they didnt even bother searching. Seems that some people's opinion is that if a responder has time to type "Do a search", then they could have just answered the question. But the flipside of that they dont seem to want to realize is that if the poster had time to start a new thread, they should've had time to do a search!

I don't consider myself an oldtimer around here. I don't have a super high post count. But I do find it annoying listening to a bunch of whiners that would rather have the information spoonfed to them, than try and learn something on their own. Want an example of what I'm talking about? Here's a list of recent new threads....every one of them about the same thing:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vid...estion-114653/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/doe...nybody-115812/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/can...ported-100647/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vid...mwares-110834/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tak...9530-a-105192/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vid...g-back-110365/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sho...y-back-103703/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/video-issues-116939/

Honestly....tell me you would read through every single one of these and take the time to type out an answer over and over again?

EDIT: Let me add one more that was started while I was posting.....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/can...essage-117986/
    Last edited by ever1ast; 12-18-08 at 01:02 AM.
    12-18-08 12:53 AM
    I totally agree but not everyone is rude. Also as posted above it is a pubic
    Forum so you cannot stop people from posting their rude comments.
    Best is to try and be positive.

can't wait to find out more info on my pubes! hahahaa
    12-18-08 01:30 AM
    can't wait to find out more info on my pubes! hahahaa

sometimes spelling errors are incredibly funny.. this happens to be one of those times
    12-18-08 01:48 AM
222 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD