Anyone have or know about a good reasonably inexpensive, under 100$ saturn charges 54 for diagnostic service. And I know most auto parts stores will do it for free. But I would like to have one. Thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 08:37 PM
    i pretty sure there arent any under $100.
    did u search the interweb?
    03-04-09 09:34 PM
    The cheapest I've seen is $145 for a handheld scanner

However, you can get these for your laptop which are about $100 and do the same functions as the OBD II scanner plus you get all the internal performance and computer information displayed on your laptop

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=obd
    03-04-09 11:11 PM
    Try going to your Auto Parts store, ask them if they can read the code for you. I know a few that did it after handing them $20. LOL. It cheaper than the dealer, up here they want $100.

03-04-09 11:53 PM
    Here you go umm:
    AutoXray�
    03-05-09 04:01 AM
    I was hoping someone might have used one. I like being able to do things myself. thanks for the info so far.
    03-05-09 09:09 AM
    It's not under a hundred bucks, but the ScanGuageII(Google it) is a cool little tool. I have had one in my Vibe for about a year and love it. Now, I have never had to use it to diagnose a code(knock on wood) but it does read them for you. It will read most sensors on/in your engine and give you instant feedback on whats happening, and you can see how your driving style affects your fuel mileage.

Just a suggestion.
    03-05-09 05:29 PM
    If your looking for used, you'd have better luck on an automotive forum, CRAIGSLIST, eBay, along with calling pawn shops in your area.

03-05-09 07:51 PM
    03-29-10 07:59 AM
    forget all that. Call around auto shops, even muffler places. And ask if they so free diagnostic. I get mines checked at a muffler shop for free with their scanner

03-29-10 02:29 PM
    Harbor Freight Tools Ive used the $59 model and it works well. Goes on sale occasionally for a bit less money too
    03-29-10 03:13 PM
    i pretty sure there arent any under $100.
    did u search the interweb?
    There are a TON of OBD2 code readers for well under 100$.

not that i know about, i only work in the Automotive Parts industry...

go big or go home

2 years ago i bought me a OTC genysis 2.0
    -air bag codes
    -ABS coded
    -Transmission code
    -live streaming data
    -recording options
    -scans OBD1 US and European, Scans all OBD2

03-30-10 08:03 AM
    03-11-13 03:54 PM
    I have this one:

Equus 3100 Innova CanOBD2 Engine Diagnostic Tool - Walmart.com

It's one of the most popular and well-rounded OBD II scanners out there. Not sure where you're located, but here in CA you can fail the emissions test if the OBD system is "not ready", meaning the computer has not completed self checks after clearing a code or disconnecting the battery. This model will tell you if you're good to go or not.
    03-12-13 10:10 PM
    Love my Ultra Guage, super handy and displays other vehicle parameters in live time.

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool
    03-13-13 12:04 AM
    There's a cheap blue tooth scanner on Amazon for around $25. Couple that with the Torque app for Android for $5, you've got yourself a $30 scanner.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 03:54 AM
    There's a cheap blue tooth scanner on Amazon for around $25. Couple that with the Torque app for Android for $5, you've got yourself a $30 scanner.

Posted via CB10
    Do you use the software on a z10? I have been using a blue tooth scanner I got cheap with a legacy blackberry, and would like to use it with a z10. It is nice to know which coil went bad etc.
    04-03-13 10:03 AM
    I don't think there is any app available on Blackberry World that does this, but you could try sideloading Torque if you can secure a .bar file for it. However, I don't think sideload apps have access to bluetooth.
    04-19-13 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD