good call +1 for you!!
    Hold up. First off, I never disrespected you, nor, anyone else. I disagree with you. I never even stated my views as to why I voted for Obama over McCain, because it doesn't really matter. I don't care how you feel about Obama's political views. Never did. My issue with you, was your opening statements regarding Obama getting the vote, because he's black. You never fully addressed that, but decided to make it a personal attack because I don't "agree with you" about Obama. You don't know what you're talking about.

My other responses were mostly to Storm7, regarding the Christian/Conservative perspective. I also stated that I don't agree with Obama, on some issues, just like I didn't agree with McCain. I picked the lesser of the two evils, in my mind, based on my personal convictions.

Secondly, my response to Blahzee had nothing to do with his views about Obama. I don't really know what he thinks of Obama. He said he liked my blog and I thanked him. You know how you thank people, when they give you a compliment, right? How you arrived at the conclusion that I was "kissing" anything is beyond me, and leaves me to doubt your ability to reason. It was out of line. Totally. Think for yourself.

You got mad, because I called you out, bottom line. Now what's funny about all this is that YOU admitted that your wording wasn't the best. Now, after many, many posts, you wanna come back, and launch into "clown mode"? Then, you wonder why you might not be taken seriously?

Okay.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 03-02-09 at 10:17 PM.
    03-02-09 10:04 PM
    ^ well put, that girl is only 17 so she can be a little naive and fickle.
    03-02-09 10:08 PM
    I say if your going to give, give worms. Let them decide whether to eat bait or fish.
    I do believe in compassionate conservatism which insists that people are ALMOST always capable of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. But when you're not even strong enough to cast a line... you just need a fish. It does happen. One thing conservatism is NOT is social Darwinism. However, I believe that charity should come from the individual first and government as a last resort.
    03-02-09 10:12 PM
    I do believe in compassionate conservatism which insists that people are ALMOST always capable of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. But when you're not even strong enough to cast a line... you just need a fish. It does happen. One thing conservatism is NOT is social Darwinism. However, I believe that charity should come from the individual first and government as a last resort.
    Amen, hence the worms. You can survive on them if necessary, but they are distasteful, and very motivating.
    03-02-09 10:15 PM
    And before you start talking about conservative atrocities, remember who ended the cold war (Reagan) and who dropped the atomic bomb (Truman), and started and escalated the Vietnam war (JFK and LBJ) ... and who brought us the Iran Hostages by feigning weakness in the region (inviting the Shah to seek asylum here) ... do a body count. Conservatives aren't losing that battle in the long run.

It's never as simple as you want it to be.
    Who started the war in Iraq? Do a body count on that without even having to reach too far in the grab bag with past conflicts to prove your point. HOWEVER; one should also look at the extraneous ramfications of certain actions aside from the body count of such actions.

Reality is never as conclusive as you think your point makes it to be.
    03-02-09 10:33 PM
    No... she's 19. She's agreeing with the 17-year old.
    03-02-09 10:35 PM
    thats who i was talking about....the 17 yr. old.
    03-02-09 10:43 PM
    Who started the war in Iraq? Do a body count on that without even having to reach too far in the grab bag with past conflicts to prove your point. HOWEVER; one should also look at the extraneous ramfications of certain actions aside from the body count of such actions.

Reality is never as conclusive as you think your point makes it to be.
    As my ten year old would say...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol stuff you noob.

I think the war in Iraq was started by a little man named Saddam Hussein. Yea, sure, Bush One emboldened him, but he was definitely liberal in his foriegn policy, and it was who? Think.. think.. think.. who invaded Kuwait... Ding.. Hussein (Saddam, not Obama) then we just never finished the job, because we were giving him the benefit of the doubt. BIG MISTAKE... Re-invading Iraq was funded by who? Oh yea, Democratic Congress. It wasn't an executive order, was it? I think it was Kerry who voted FOR it before he voted against it and Hillary was "fooled" by W? Are you serious.. the smartest woman in the world was fooled by "W"? That has to be like a stupid test if she was. She and most of the democrats voted FOR it because it made sense. All this arm chair quarterbacking 3-5 years later and ******** and moaning about "no exit strategy" ... is just political hay. The more you make it look like a dumb idea, the more you hope people will forget it was YOUR idea in the first place.

More complex again... lol lol lol lol lol lol hee hee... I should show you the video I am thinking of as I say that.
    03-02-09 10:43 PM
    thats who i was talking about....the 17 yr. old.
    Gotcha...
    03-02-09 10:50 PM
    As my ten year old would say...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol stuff you noob.

I think the war in Iraq was started by a little man named Saddam Hussein. Yea, sure, Bush One emboldened him, but he was definitely liberal in his foriegn policy, and it was who? Think.. think.. think.. who invaded Kuwait... Ding.. Hussein (Saddam, not Obama) then we just never finished the job, because we were giving him the benefit of the doubt. BIG MISTAKE... Re-invading Iraq was funded by who? Oh yea, Democratic Congress. It wasn't an executive order, was it? I think it was Kerry who voted FOR it before he voted against it and Hillary was "fooled" by W? Are you serious.. the smartest woman in the world was fooled by "W"? That has to be like a stupid test if she was. She and most of the democrats voted FOR it because it made sense. All this arm chair quarterbacking 3-5 years later and ******** and moaning about "no exit strategy" ... is just political hay. The more you make it look like a dumb idea, the more you hope people will forget it was YOUR idea in the first place.

More complex again... lol lol lol lol lol lol hee hee... I should show you the video I am thinking of as I say that.
    jdoc...is the whole 'noob' tangent and video game reference; your angle at some sort of a degradation? Let's not get our stethoscopes in a knot shall we?

What's up with this whole business of finishing the 'job'? That's what Monica should have done to Bill in the oval office...we're talking about war/conflict/strife here. Most all people agree Saddam was a mad man; however there are numerous examples of neighboring countries encroaching on the land of their neighbors....you don't see us/other countries intervening in all of those conflicts do you? Not at all.

The reason people use to justify 'finishing the job' that never should have been 'started' in the first place (even in Bush Sr.'s term)...is that the 'invasion' of Kuwait and the existence of Saddam posed a security threat. It's simple; if the natural and valuable resource of fossil fuels in the region wasn't at play...there would have been no 'liberation' and 'intervention' in the first place.
    03-02-09 11:00 PM
    Monica did finish the job.. and saved the evidence on the blue dress! Frankly, I always liked Clinton. If I could lay it on that thick... well, I'd be president, now... wouldn't I?

Yea.. I am in a silly mood from watching youtube with my kids off and on all night... go to youtube and look for "Luigi sucks at super smash brother's melee/brawl" Don't say I didn't warn you.

And hey... according to Obama.. if we can put a man on the moon in ten years.. we can end our dependence on fossil fuels in a generation...
    03-02-09 11:14 PM
    I say if your going to give, give worms. Let them decide whether to eat bait or fish.
    BINGO!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 11:19 PM
    Yea.. I am in a silly mood from watching youtube with my kids off and on all night... go to youtube and look for "Luigi sucks at super smash brother's melee/brawl" Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Doc, your 10 year old?!? What the h*ll, try this:
    sesame street unnecessary censorship
    03-02-09 11:29 PM

And now you're only agreeing with her because she gave you some e-attention.
    JUST because I'm 18 does not mean I'm naive.
    And no, I'm not being conceited. I have reason.

Also, if the whole "he's black" issue didn't matter one bit to you, why do you keep bringing it up?
    No one mentioned it again.

Would you like to completely fail even more, miss?
    I'm all up for arguing.
    Or maybe you should come here and let's talk it out in person.
    Since you seem to be so amazing at fighting over the internet, yeah?

Watch what you say.
    03-02-09 11:33 PM
    Hadn't thought of eating the worms... Yea I have a 10 and 11 year old.. I'm living life in reverse.. Had kids, had a marriage... had a job.. went to medical school, got a residency... by the time I've been in practice 10 years.. I will be Doogie Howser... ( I wasn't born in 77)

Good stuff on youtube..

and eating the worms.. nice touch. I did that at a Ethno-Bio-feast in High school... never ever chew.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 03-02-09 at 11:46 PM.
    03-02-09 11:35 PM
    And now you're only agreeing with her because she gave you some e-attention.
    JUST because I'm 18 does not mean I'm naive.
    And no, I'm not being conceited. I have reason.

Also, if the whole "he's black" issue didn't matter one bit to you, why do you keep bringing it up?
    No one mentioned it again.

Would you like to completely fail even more, miss?
    I'm all up for arguing.
    Or maybe you should come here and let's talk it out in person.
    Since you seem to be so amazing at fighting over the internet, yeah?

Watch what you say.
    Honey, you need to simmer down and step AWAY from the internets!

Tlynn didn't fail. She stated her opinions eloquently. She IS entitled to them you know. Just because hers differ from yours doesn't make her wrong and vice versa.

Run along now dear..back to your playpen.
    03-03-09 03:44 AM
    I voted for Obama. I like him.

I support him and would've (reluctantly) supported McCain had he won. I think picking Palin for his running mate put the nail in his coffin as far as winning the Presidency.

It's gonna take Obama more than one term to fix the mess we're in thanks to Mr GW Bush.

My husband is laid off. He was making a little over 24K at his job. Not big money by any standards. Luckily, I make twice that but a big chunk of my salary goes to paying off student loans and stupid credit card debt. AND they just gave us notice at work that they're raising our health insurance premiums by over $75/month. I too have a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed just like anybody else.

You lost your job? Go get another one. I don't care if you can't find one as the mortgage broker, or banker, or pipe welder you had before, there are always jobs to be found stocking shelves, mowing lawns, or flipping burgers. Anyone who says they can't find a job is just lazy and/or too proud to do what they believe is beneath them. Instead, these people suck from the rest of us (those of us who have jobs and taxes keep getting increased to pay for the increasing numbers of them) by staying on welfare. Or they stay on unemployment as long as possible, causing businesses to have to pay more. Don't get me wrong, welfare is a good and necessary thing..
    Boy if this remark isn't a little condescending!
    This person suggested that someone who is laid off should go and do every job there is---mowing lawns, McD's, etc. In order to come CLOSE to what he was making at his prevous job, he'd have to work 24-7 or pretty close to it to earn MORE than minimum wage. When would he see our son? He wouldn't. Our son is starting t-ball this summer. If DH is stocking shelves at the local Walmart, who will take him to games? I work full time night shift 12 hr shifts.

We're hoping he can get back to work but things aren't looking up at his plant where he worked for the last ten yrs.My DH has worked full time since age 18. He's paid into the system and has been a working member of society for many yrs. Dr jay, not every one is a Dr like you. Blue collar workers are being laid off right and left. There's only SO many lawns to mow.

edited to add quote by drjay868
    Last edited by RNCCRN9706; 03-03-09 at 04:15 AM.
    03-03-09 03:52 AM
    Hadn't thought of eating the worms... Yea I have a 10 and 11 year old.. I'm living life in reverse.. Had kids, had a marriage... had a job.. went to medical school, got a residency... by the time I've been in practice 10 years.. I will be Doogie Howser... ( I wasn't born in 77)

Good stuff on youtube..

and eating the worms.. nice touch. I did that at a Ethno-Bio-feast in High school... never ever chew.
    The recipients wouldn't think of eating them either. They'd just be like, "Hey were's my fish? I have a right to fish!", at which time I'd point to Sesame Street and say "F'You baby, f'you!". The police powers of the state should not be able to confiscate from the public any more than necessary to provide worms. That would free up plenty of cash for those who wanted to provide fish through charities. Wasn't it Franklin who said man should be free to go hungry?

I wouldn't chew either, although I hear grubs are kind of nutty.
    03-03-09 04:28 AM
    Boy if this remark isn't a little condescending!
    This person suggested that someone who is laid off should go and do every job there is---mowing lawns, McD's, etc. In order to come CLOSE to what he was making at his prevous job, he'd have to work 24-7 or pretty close to it to earn MORE than minimum wage. When would he see our son? He wouldn't. Our son is starting t-ball this summer. If DH is stocking shelves at the local Walmart, who will take him to games? I work full time night shift 12 hr shifts.

We're hoping he can get back to work but things aren't looking up at his plant where he worked for the last ten yrs.My DH has worked full time since age 18. He's paid into the system and has been a working member of society for many yrs. Dr jay, not every one is a Dr like you. Blue collar workers are being laid off right and left. There's only SO many lawns to mow.

edited to add quote by drjay868
    While I do work in a hospital, unfortunately, I'm not a doctor. That's only a nickname that's been given to me in college because I've worked at a hospital in some fashion since high school.

My intention wasn't to be condescending. Only express my view that I think people need to get out and find another job (any job) and use welfare/unemployment only to supplement the difference. Instead I see too many people not work for 6 months or a year because they can't find the job they want. Its a bleed on the system to just sit back and wait for a paycheck to come to you without doing SOMETHING in the mean time.

My own roommate was on unempoyment for almost 10 months (got some sort of extension to go past what was normal) because he couldn't find the job he WANTED. There were offers, but not making what he was before so he wouldn't take them. When they finally nixed the unemployment, he moved back in with his father. An old girlfriend of mine finished college and had a child a month later (not mine!!). Instead of getting a job (and there were offers) she said she got paid more by the govt than the job would have paid her, so she stayed on welfare. These are the people I'm talking about mostly. That are given fish. They need bait. Bait to me is paying the rent, heat, electricity, water, and very basic food. They got much more than that. I've lived off powdered milk and govt cheese... they should experience it too.

I absolutely don't want someone like your husband to work so much he can't enjoy watching your son grow up, just so he can make what he was making before. Was only my opinion that he can find however many lawns are left and work those as long as they are available for mowing. I wish your husband the best of luck getting another job... the one he wants, making close to or more than he was making before.

Please understand, no disrespect intened
    03-03-09 06:33 AM
    NOBAMA IS HALF BLACK WHO GIVES A FLYING ****!
    Should I say it a few more times??
    NObama is HALF black, NObama is HALF black, NObama is HALF Black!

If you want Ill post it everyday on the hour for you Miss Tlynnsmith!
    Also yes I know I screwed up on one of those earlier post, but really lets talk about it some more!

NOBAMA IS HALF BLACK!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 03-03-09 at 09:31 AM. Reason: forgot the N in Nobama
    03-03-09 06:52 AM
    My intention wasn't to be condescending. Only express my view that I think people need to get out and find another job (any job) and use welfare/unemployment only to supplement the difference. Instead I see too many people not work for 6 months or a year because they can't find the job they want. Its a bleed on the system to just sit back and wait for a paycheck to come to you without doing SOMETHING in the mean time.

My own roommate was on unempoyment for almost 10 months (got some sort of extension to go past what was normal) because he couldn't find the job he WANTED. There were offers, but not making what he was before so he wouldn't take them. When they finally nixed the unemployment, he moved back in with his father. An old girlfriend of mine finished college and had a child a month later (not mine!!). Instead of getting a job (and there were offers) she said she got paid more by the govt than the job would have paid her, so she stayed on welfare. These are the people I'm talking about mostly. That are given fish. They need bait. Bait to me is paying the rent, heat, electricity, water, and very basic food. They got much more than that. I've lived off powdered milk and govt cheese... they should experience it too.

Please understand, no disrespect intened
    I was out of a job, for six months or more, and couldn't even get a job flipping burgers. No one would hire me, because they thought I was "over qualified", older than the norm, and that I wouldn't stay. It's not always about "Get a job!". Not always.

I went three years, without medical insurance. 3 years. Now, because of the grace of God, I never got sick enough to need medical care. But if I had, I would have most likely prayed for healing, and opted to try and rest it off — rather than pay for an emergency room visit and a $200 prescription. Some folks have to weigh things. Do they spend the money for a doctor's visit, only to be told there's nothing seriously wrong with them? Or, do they not go, and eventually get worse, and need hospitalization? Or, if they do go, and they need treatment, how do they pay for that treatment? What do they do? If you've ever been in that situation, you should know it's a bad thing. Government milk and cheese I can work with. Being sick, and not being able to see a doctor is hard to work with.

There will always be people who will take advantage of the system, regardless of the system. That's a problem with character. Growing adults, who will be responsible, contributing members to society, instead of blood-sucking leeches, who think the world owes them something, has a lot to do with parenting, and less with government. You got greedy doctors, who "bleed the system", too.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 03-03-09 at 07:23 AM.
    03-03-09 07:06 AM
    Tylnnsmith, your comment of "conservative atrocities" just can't be ignored and glossed over without further comment from you. Please do expound in your words of these so-called atrocities committed by conservatives.
    03-03-09 08:54 AM
    Tylnnsmith, your comment of "conservative atrocities" just can't be ignored and glossed over without further comment from you. Please do expound in your words of these so-called atrocities committed by conservatives.
    Yes, if I choose not to answer you, then you will have to move on. But I'll address your latest response: When exelant mentioned the torture of terrorists/detainees, sanctioned by our "conservative" (I never thought he was, but he seemed to think he was) last president, you glossed over it with a "Well, what should we do, arrest them and read them the Miranda act?" Whuh? Why would you say that? Expound on that, if you will. That's not an "atrocity", to you? If not, why not? Waterboarding is bad news, so I've heard.

Let me also say this AGAIN: I never considered George W. a "conservative', but he seemed to think he was, and wanted us to believe that he supported conservative values.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 03-03-09 at 09:41 AM.
    03-03-09 09:26 AM
    Actually, according to pretty much everyone, Obama is the first Bi-racial Bi cultural president. I think it was Sharpton who tried to make a case that he wasn't black because he didn't have slave blood.. but his wife does. So at least we have a black first lady. w00t.
    03-03-09 09:29 AM
    Actually, according to pretty much everyone, Obama is the first Bi-racial Bi cultural president. I think it was Sharpton who tried to make a case that he wasn't black because he didn't have slave blood.. but his wife does. So at least we have a black first lady. w00t.
    lmfao @ but his wife does! wow!
    03-03-09 09:32 AM
387 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD