With everything going on in the United States today I wanted to get some of my fellow crackberriers input on this subject.

I'm sure you all know how I feel, just see signature.

But don't think I am completely against him because of his race,background or anything else you maybe thinking. I have my reasons...what are your reasons? Lets discuss!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 02-25-09 at 03:57 PM.
    02-25-09 03:54 PM
    too bad you dont live in orlando...haha you are amazing!
    i dont dislike him becuase his race, his middle name or anything, i just dont support what he supports, dont like the way he handles things etc, and i know hes only been pres for a few weeks... i just didnt like his campain or anything...

now idk if mccain could have done better... i just dont like obama... sorry.
    02-25-09 04:14 PM
    i think this topic will end up getting some crazy post lol cause u got canada people and usa people and everyone thinks something diff,

i think its cool bush is gone and obama is there and all the hype over him being black and being the first black prez is a little crazy like its a color they want to remove this race line well doing all the hype like they did wont help don't get me wrong but the color of him should not matter with the problems at hand with the usa and u know he was raised by a white family so they need to get off that trip...

its like them saying cause he is black, black people have dreams that can become real, well they always had that same with browns and whites or w/e color u are if u have a dream or goal its up to u to keep it not the prez...

and for the us/canada geting the way it is now with jobs closing and the world getting so messed up he wont be able to fix that like come on one person can fix a prob all around the world yea he will have this package to open jobs and others, that does not mean people will get the jobs,and people are on the streets cause they have lost they house cause of them not having a job cause of the mark the world is in...

i dunno if u ask me its all messed up one man cant fix all and people need to see that i would have to say nobama and i dont have a prob with blacks cause i have black family its a fact of he cant fix what has been goin on for sometime now with opening a few jobs

for anyone who has looked into this nostradamusand all the stuff he wrote about and his lost book its all tru the stuff he said that would happen it has happened and with the world comin to a end in 2012 well not the end but could be the start of something new who knows but ya..
    Last edited by brianajr88; 02-25-09 at 10:12 PM.
    02-25-09 04:25 PM
    I think Obama is as trustworthy as every other politician who tries to get the votes of the country through lies and misrepresentation.
    02-25-09 04:34 PM
    im really really not trying to get racial, and im not racist or anything but im sick of the black people saying "we won" and "blacks better than white" and "now its the blackhouse" (exact quotes i hear alot in my area)
    02-25-09 05:21 PM
    im really really not trying to get racial, and im not racist or anything but im sick of the black people saying "we won" and "blacks better than white" and "now its the blackhouse" (exact quotes i hear alot in my area)
    I totally feel you!
    I think if more people would of seen past his race and looked at his ideas on the issues they would not have voted for him. I bet if he would of been white he would not of won. Again I am not racist, but more people got out and voted this year because they wanted change!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 02-25-09 at 05:57 PM. Reason: needed to be worded differently
    02-25-09 05:27 PM
    I totally feel you!
    I think if more people would of seen past his race and looked at his ideas on the issues they would not have voted for him. I bet if he would of been white he would not of won. Again I am not racist, but more people got out and voted this yr because they wanted a black man in the house.
    agreed 100%...
    im just waiting for someone to go crazy in this thread and start yelling... but its true... everything we have stated is true.
    02-25-09 05:33 PM
    I totally feel you!
    I think if more people would of seen past his race and looked at his ideas on the issues they would not have voted for him. I bet if he would of been white he would not of won. Again I am not racist, but more people got out and voted this yr because they wanted a black man in the house.
    You are so incredibly off base, I don't even have any words to completely express my disbelief.. To keep from getting banned, I'm going to step out of this convo. But...your reasoning is flawed, and you insult those of us who DID vote for Obama � not because he's "black", but because we actually think he's the best man for the job.

Oh...and you're not racist. Yep, I got that.
    02-25-09 05:34 PM
    [QUOTE=editionfws;1789164]agreed 100%...
    im just waiting for someone to go crazy in this thread and start yelling... [QUOTE]

just wanted to quote myself. :-) haha

again were not racist. we never said we were. we simply said we dont like the way he does things, and dont believe in what he does. its not out fault people in the world, not jsut on crackberry are putting his race first.
    02-25-09 05:37 PM
    You are so incredibly off base, I don't even have any words to completely express my disbelief.. To keep from getting banned, I'm going to step out of this convo. But...your reasoning is flawed, and you insult those of us who DID vote for Obama � not because he's "black", but because we actually think he's the best man for the job.

No I do understand a lot of people voted for him because he said he is going to do all these great things. Well the first they he did as soon as he got in was put America in more debt! Way to go. But again as I stated before people that usually would not voted or never voted before DID go out and vote this year because they wanted "Change" and now look everyone is going to be left with nothing BUT change!
    I'm glad you got that I am racist from my post when that is actually far from what I am!
    And yes maybe I should of worded my post a little better!
    02-25-09 05:39 PM
    [QUOTE=editionfws;1789215][QUOTE=editionfws;1789164]agreed 100%...
    im just waiting for someone to go crazy in this thread and start yelling...

just wanted to quote myself. :-) haha

again were not racist. we never said we were. we simply said we dont like the way he does things, and dont believe in what he does. its not out fault people in the world, not jsut on crackberry are putting his race first.
    Well I've already pissed someone off! That was not what I was trying to do. Sorry she pulled from what I said that I hate black people. Funny because I've dated a black guy!
    02-25-09 05:42 PM

yea that is right tlynnsmith everyone does think he is right for the job he may be and may not be u know

but like i said in post above one person cant fix this. he can get jobs going and stuff yes thats a big help but still does not fix the other problems at hand..

with the blackman in the house comment, i dont think it has anything to do with that cuz he was raised by white people so and he is of the mixed background u know cuz if he was white proly still would of won u know, yea he got a votes cuz of the color and cuz of his points and what he said so,

also to the comments of the black/mixed side sayin we won and other stuff that does not bug me but what does is some of the blacks may think they are the stuff now and just the comments of now we have dreams when no one had taking them dreams which is bein aimed from when all of the past prez have been white and now he is the first mixed/black prez so
    Last edited by brianajr88; 02-25-09 at 05:56 PM.
    02-25-09 05:45 PM
    agreed 100%...
    im just waiting for someone to go crazy in this thread and start yelling...

Well I've already pissed someone off! That was not what I was trying to do. Sorry she pulled from what I said that I hate black people. Funny because I've dated a black guy!
    yea no one should be getin mad here u know, everyone has points and what they think, so
    02-25-09 05:47 PM
    I totally feel you!
    Ignorance. The "black" vote did not get him the Presidency. Check your facts.

And what's wrong with black people being happy?

Understand American history before making such irresponsible comments.

You don't have to be black to understand the significance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 05:49 PM
    Im in the nobama boat...im not saying it hate him at all...he seems like a very nice guy (which i have heard he is) but there is WAY too much hype, and alot of people feeling they were going to get hand outs and exempt from things when he was elected...

But also PERSONALLY i feel that there was way too many people feeling Mccane was another bush
    02-25-09 05:50 PM

Okay as I stated in my last post maybe I should of worded my post better! Damn do I need to state again that it came out WRONG!?
    02-25-09 05:50 PM
    idk why my quote messed up, oh well.
    i agree, not one person can fix this.
    and the quotes only bother me becuase if i said that, i would probobly get thrown in jail, ya know?
    but thats not the point of this thread, we will see how he does in 3 more months... obama is smart... i just dont think he is United States of America President smart.
    Last edited by editionfws; 02-25-09 at 05:51 PM. Reason: left out a word
    02-25-09 05:51 PM
    yea no one should be getin mad here u know, everyone has points and what they think, so
    jeez thank you!!! at least someone gets it!
    02-25-09 05:51 PM
    i do know history too... so dont say check out history... i could get into that, but im not going to get that much off topic.

and i never said mccain could do better... infact i didnt like either of them, so reguardless id be in this thread of it said mccain sucks haha.
    02-25-09 05:53 PM

well nothin wrong with bein happy, if u are black/white/mixed/ or if u was purple u know, with the comment that was made u guys may take it out of hand but she may of not ment it how it was takin, no im not siding with her but then again could of worded it so it did not come across this way, an yea bush screwed up huge and obama is goin to try and change it which is nice for the usa so i dunno it will just take time and more then him to get this world back on track from the stuff it has gone into in the past to now and what ever may happen in the days/months/years to come
    02-25-09 05:54 PM
    i do know history too... so dont say check out history... i could get into that, but im not going to get that much off topic.

and i never said mccain could do better... infact i didnt like either of them, so reguardless id be in this thread of it said mccain sucks haha.

at least i didn't title it obama blows...i made it a choice! so everyone could chime in and give their opinion.
    02-25-09 05:55 PM
    No I do understand a lot of people voted for him because he said he is going to do all these great things. Well the first they he did as soon as he got in was put America in more debt! Way to go. But again as I stated before people that usually would not voted or never voted before DID go out and vote this year because they wanted "Change" and now look everyone is going to be left with nothing BUT change!
    I'm glad you got that I am racist from my post when that is actually far from what I am!
    And yes maybe I should of worded my post a little better!
    Yes, you should have worded your post a lot better.

You changed from what you said in the original post. You specifically said that those of us who voted for Obama did so, because he's black, and we didn't pay attention to the "issues" � again, that's insulting and simplistic. I'm sure there are folks who didn't vote for him...because he's black, regardless of the issues.

I didn't say you were racist. But I do get sick of folks always adding a, "I"m not a racist" disclaimer, right before they get ready to say something completely off the chain. If you're not racist, then you're not a racist. There's no need to announce it, unless you feel your comments may be interpreted as...racist.

BTW, I'm not going to comment any more. The only reason why I responded is because you changed your tune, after the fact, and I wanted to bring that to your attention. Once you put it out there, it's hard to "clean it up". So, consider how your words may be interpreted (if that matters to you), before you hit "submit".

Carry on..
    02-25-09 05:56 PM

hahahaha agreed 2nd election in a row i didnt want either one of them
    02-25-09 05:57 PM
    at least i didn't title it obama blows...i made it a choice! so everyone could chime in and give their opinion.

haha very true!

now a little off topic, but i think that if ANYONE was in bush's situation, the same things would have happened... im not supporting bush or anything, but if clinton was president when bush was, the same thing would have happened. if obama served 8 years earlier, we would be in the same boat... obama isnt going to be able to fix much... we are where we are... not alot will change in 4 years

and NOONE said anyone was racist here... i just want to make that clear, people throwing that word around like its a football...again, we just dont like what he likes.
    02-25-09 05:58 PM
    Yes, you should have worded your post a lot better.

You changed from what you said in the original post. You specifically said that those of us who voted for Obama did so, because he's black, and we didn't pay attention to the "issues" — again, that's insulting and simplistic. I'm sure there are folks who didn't vote for him...because he's black, regardless of the issues.

I didn't say you were racist. But I do get sick of folks always adding a, "I"m not a racist" disclaimer, right before they get ready to say something completely off the chain. If you're not racist, then you're not a racist. There's no need to announce it, unless you feel your comments may be interpreted as...racist.

BTW, I'm not going to comment any more. The only reason why I responded is because you changed your tune, after the fact, and I wanted to bring that to your attention. Once you put it out there, it's hard to "clean it up". So, consider how your words may be interpreted (if that matters to you), before you hit "submit".

Carry on..
    Well thanks for coming back and giving me your input. Trust me I will think long and hard before clicking that submit button. Again sorry, I should have worded it differently. I'm one of those people that doesn't really think before she speaks so I don't think before I submit.
    02-25-09 06:00 PM
387 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD