The 44th President of the United States joined Twitter this morning and sent out his first tweet announcing his exclusive new account @POTUS.*Technically, the President’s first account @BarackObama was ran by his people at the White House, while this new account will be exclusively tweets from him.*

The interesting thing about his first tweet is what he used to send it: an iPhone. *

Now, if you’re using the official Twitter apps on Twitter on the web, you won’t be able to see what client he’s using to tweet. However, if you’re using a third party client like Tweetbot that still indicates client specifics you’ll be able to see he used an iPhone for this specific tweet.*

That obviously begs the question, has the president finally gotten the okay to use an iPhone?*

https://t.co/zg6pietTWb

Posted via CB10
    satchit and Hobiano like this.
    05-18-15 11:29 AM
    Can his DOD BB access Twitter?
    05-18-15 11:31 AM
    Can his DOD BB access Twitter?
    As far as I've read his BlackBerry is for his DOD mailbox only, nothing else.

Who cares if he Tweets from an iToy when he runs the country from a BlackBerry.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    thymaster, wincyUt, KemKev and 9 others like this.
    05-18-15 11:35 AM
    Didn't he always have an iPhone and iPad in addition to his BB?
    05-18-15 11:35 AM
    He can use iPhone for social media where security is not an issue. Blackberry remains his most secured device which he uses to issue out instructions to Pentagon on when and how to attack Iran's nuclear site.

Posted by the Last Man Standing
    05-18-15 11:36 AM
    Obama and Clinton use BlackBerry. It was John McCain who was widely reported as playing poker on his iPhone during the hearings on Syria.

TCB on Z10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-18-15 12:13 PM
    Bet his tweeter account gets hacked in 3-2-1...

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2744
    05-18-15 12:36 PM
    As far as I've read his BlackBerry is for his DOD mailbox only, nothing else.

Who cares if he Tweets from an iToy when he runs the country from a BlackBerry.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    Careful, your hate is showing.
    05-18-15 12:45 PM
    Don't believe for a second he actually is tweeting himself.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-18-15 01:00 PM
    I highly doubt it, it must be one of his advisors or his second phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:31 PM
    So the person getting paid to maintain Obama's Twitter account is using an iPhone. No biggie.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-18-15 02:56 PM
    Since Obama is using a iPhone, Apple's decline starts........ now!
    Last edited by smis; 05-18-15 at 03:42 PM.
    05-18-15 03:31 PM
    Obama Used Someone Else’s iPhone To Tweet His First Presidential Account Tweet

President Obama still carries his secure BlackBerry. On the day of the first tweet from @POTUS, the White House won’t say if that device is Twitter capable.

But this wasn’t the president’s iPhone.

A White House official told BuzzFeed News Obama’s first tweet from the brand-new presidential Twitter account was sent using an iPhone registered to the Executive Office of the President — the government name for the sprawling presidential staff — but was not a device Obama regularly uses.

Obama is still outfitted with his super-secure government BlackBerry. The White House said it would not get into specifics about the device, including whether or not it’s capable of posting tweets. In an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live in March, Obama revealed his BlackBerry is far more locked down than consumer smart phones.

“I can’t use phones with recorders in them,” Obama told Kimmel. “So a lot of the newfangled stuff, for security reasons, I don’t get.”

Obama has posted to Twitter regularly during his campaigns for the White House and while serving as president. Up until Monday, presidential tweets from the president were posted to the @WhiteHouse account and signed with a “-bo.”

The new @POTUS account, like @WhiteHouse, belongs to the government, not to Obama. The next president will take it over in 2017, according to Alex Wall, the White House Director of Online Engagement. In a White House blog post Monday, Wall announced the @POTUS account and explained that it “will serve as a new way for President Obama to engage directly with the American people, with tweets coming exclusively from him.”

Obama won’t use Twitter exactly like a regular user, however. A White House official told BuzzFeed News that while the president will continue to add follows and post tweets, he will not engage in direct messaging.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/evanmcsan/ob...nt#.yfm6dVReyb
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and playpen007 like this.
    05-18-15 03:50 PM
    The 44th President of the United States joined Twitter this morning and sent out his first tweet announcing his exclusive new account @POTUS.*Technically, the President�s first account @BarackObama was ran by his people at the White House, while this new account will be exclusively tweets from him.*

The interesting thing about his first tweet is what he used to send it: an iPhone. *

Now, if you�re using the official Twitter apps on Twitter on the web, you won�t be able to see what client he�s using to tweet. However, if you�re using a third party client like Tweetbot that still indicates client specifics you�ll be able to see he used an iPhone for this specific tweet.*

That obviously begs the question, has the president finally gotten the okay to use an iPhone?*

https://t.co/zg6pietTWb

Posted via CB10
    He's used iOS products for quite some time, IIRC.
    05-18-15 03:53 PM
    Good for him. Time to enjoy his life just a bit.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-18-15 04:10 PM
    I highly doubt it, it must be one of his advisors or his second phone.

Posted via CB10
    Could be one of his daughters phones...
    05-18-15 04:18 PM
    Could be one of his daughters phones...
    Or he borrowed John McCain's so he would come across as cool too.

TCB on Z10
    05-18-15 04:22 PM
    Don't believe for a second he actually is tweeting himself.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!
    05-18-15 04:40 PM
    Somehow I doubt that Obama will tweet sensitive secrets.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    05-18-15 05:46 PM
    No, he leaks then to the media first. Sarc/

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:50 PM
    So the Executive Office of the President uses iPhones.
    05-19-15 12:34 AM
    Somehow I doubt he will use a phone that scans your fingerprint. Let alone one that still scans if you dont want to. Cmon the nsa will get what they want from the public...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:38 AM
    Well to be sure I will go to the White House and ask him in person. This should be pretty easy since the Secret Service is normally drunk or hangin out with prostitutes or crashing into gates. I will give Obama my Classic he needs something that has some security.
    05-19-15 04:33 AM
    Didn't he always have an iPhone and iPad in addition to his BB?
    No he didn't are you forgetting he didn't even know how to use a iPhone? There a whole video on it.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    05-19-15 06:13 AM
    who the hell cares...
    05-19-15 10:57 AM
41 12