So I just went to see a movie with this girl and as I was taking out my phone to check a text, she tells me to put it away. At first I thought she was joking but then she said she would take it away. It was litterally the first time I took it out too!

She says hers is on silent and mine should be too. Wtf

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:15 AM
    drop her like a wet terd... no seriously.. whos the boss of you? you!!!
    04-05-09 12:23 AM
    oh, and never take it out without asking first, its rude
    04-05-09 12:24 AM
    Wow. Possessive much?

04-05-09 12:35 AM
    While her reaction is a bit much, I do agree that you shouldn't be checking messages while out on a date! Maybe she used to date someone else who paid more attention to their phone than to her, and so now she overreacts like that because she doesn't want it to happen again. Just a thought.

04-05-09 12:41 AM
    Maybe you should leave your phone off in the theater you as s.

04-05-09 12:45 AM
    If you have to check you should wait until they got to the bathroom.
    Dude you need to know your audience. I have dated people that consider that sooo rude and then there are some that I will come back from the bathroom and have a cute text.
    04-05-09 01:06 AM
    I think if you're out on a date, then checking your text should wait. I mean, it is rude and she thought enough about you to at least silence hers.

Either that or she just didn't want it going off in the movie which is cool cause I for one hate to here someone's phone ringing in the theatre.
    04-05-09 01:37 AM
    The level of rudeness that BlackBerry users view as acceptable
    behavior astounds me to no end.

The second you took out your phone she should have got up and
    left you and your silly phone sitting there.
    04-05-09 02:15 AM
    I totally agree ya bb should have been on silent while in watching the movie and on a date

04-05-09 02:43 AM
    The level of rudeness that BlackBerry users view as acceptable
    behavior astounds me to no end.

The second you took out your phone she should have got up and
    left you and your silly phone sitting there.
    And let the people say AMEN!!
    04-05-09 05:18 AM
    Wow people are so quick to make assumptions... maybe I need to clear up my post a little lol. This was not at the movie but on the ticket line (you gotta give me a little more credit than the guy with the ringing phone during the movie). And secondly, I'm not dating this person. She just considers it rude behavior cause she never uses her phone for anything.

Honestly if she got up and left it would've let me tell my friend what time we're supposed to be on the road instead of having to call him at 1am.

Last edited by elpresidente408; 04-05-09 at 06:54 AM.
    04-05-09 06:03 AM
    How old are you?

Just curious
    04-05-09 07:41 AM
    How old are you?

Just curious
    That would my question. I mean first of all if she is some random "sally" I'd told her to pound salt.

If she was a "love interest" you still need to remember you are your own person, and have rights.

If she was your mom one word: BUSTED.

04-05-09 08:49 AM
    I'm only 22 and she is some random sally who sounds like my mom

04-05-09 08:55 AM
    You should have told the "sally" that your d1ck isn't on silent and asked if your allowed to pull that out instead...
    04-05-09 09:09 AM
    I think its pretty rude when you are on a date or out with friends and they spend a lot of that time on their phone either talking, texting, or browsing. Just not nice.
    04-05-09 09:21 AM
    So I just went to see a movie with this girl and as I was taking out my phone to check a text, she tells me to put it away. At first I thought she was joking but then she said she would take it away. It was litterally the first time I took it out too!

wow man, shes too controlling. bail while you can
    04-05-09 09:56 AM
    stage five clinger in the making get out!
    04-05-09 11:45 AM
    Ehh, if you want to get the "prize", it will be worth sticking around. Once you get it, I'd recommend bailing. We call that the pump and dump, get with it.

Vinnie

04-05-09 11:53 AM
    Ehh, if you want to get the "prize", it will be worth sticking around. Once you get it, I'd recommend bailing. We call that the pump and dump, get with it.

Vinnie

i wish you would have put "hope this helps" on the end.. i would have laughed so hard i would have cried
    04-05-09 01:30 PM
    And let the people say AMEN!!
    AMEN!

04-05-09 03:04 PM

I think I would have told her that I also turn my ringer off when inside movies, so her suggestion while a good one was not needed. And to turn the ringer off I would of course have to take it out of my pocket, and a smart little girl like her should know that. Sounds like this was a bit of a irritating night out with her, and I may have also suggested that it was late and I needed my beauty sleep and bagged to movie and took the gripping little thing home.

PS and I have done this in the past as well, if a date or friend was in a fowl mood, I'd just cute the evening short and if I was driving, took them home. People learn very quickly that if they are being a naggy or preachy that home might be the best place for them, if their out with me.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 04-05-09 at 07:51 PM.
    04-05-09 07:44 PM

Vinnie

Magic sex you mean.....

we doink.... then you disappear.... taa-daa b*tch...

lol: [ not meant to you personaly just saying ]
    04-06-09 02:52 PM
    I'm only 22 and she is some random sally who sounds like my mom

ha ha ha.... i'd told her to pound some salt and get over it.

Dude, please inform us of what you did after she said that.

Be honest..... please don't lie....
    04-06-09 02:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD