So waking up from a bad night with a cold, turn on the TV and today is on. They are talking about what makes smartphones so great and why you should consider one. So they get to talking about the iPhony, the nexus one, droid, pre plus, and nokia. The host even mentioned blackberries but the guy just brushed it off real quick and commented in the android Os. Wtf? BB had apps before the iphony fad started and its kind of lame that it did not get considered. Obviously everyone has their preferences and is biased but in the smartphone arena you can't discount the BB. He said nexus one was his favorite. While it looks very appealing but its onoy fair to include all different kinds. He's clearly android biased as there were 2 androids but no BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 08:50 AM
    This is because sin entered the world.
    If life was perfect, BB would have taken over by now.

03-21-10 09:11 AM
    This is because sin entered the world.
    If life was perfect, BB would have taken over by now.

Mmmm sin.

03-21-10 11:05 AM
    BB is in the mind of many the old standard. Media today is about new and fresh. In the advertising business new is better.

03-21-10 11:14 AM
    So I'm watching the apprentice and most of the phones being used are.... BB's!!

03-21-10 11:50 PM
    I don't believe the blackberry had apps before the iPhone, I could be totally wrong about this.
    03-21-10 11:58 PM
    I'm still waiting for RIM to release an upgraded phone I could still get by with my Curve 8330 for all I use it for. Or should I upgrade to the Curve 2? With a crappy camera and no flash. I know, I know. It's not a toy... But I'd like a phone that can do a bit of everything. Like if they added a function to my Storm to make it copy and paste. I'd love that Unfortunately I'll be stuck with my 25 minute copy and paste routine
    03-22-10 12:38 AM
    I don't believe the blackberry had apps before the iPhone, I could be totally wrong about this.
    You are wrong. Blackberry didn't have an app store but it had apps.

03-22-10 06:45 AM
    Whenever I'm at Borders with the Seattle's Best coffee shop, guess what I see? BlackBerries everywhere! I see other phones too, of course, but for the most part, it is Berries!
    03-22-10 11:20 AM
    Why does it even matter? I don't get the point of this thread.
    03-22-10 02:38 PM
    Why does it even matter? I don't get the point of this thread.
    What she said.
    03-22-10 02:41 PM
    That BB is the original smartphone. Do not say smartphones without including bb's

03-22-10 06:11 PM
    Well maybe since BB is the "original smartphone" they wanted to introduce people to other types. Since everyone knows what a BB is cause it's the "original".
    03-22-10 06:14 PM
    Well maybe since BB is the "original smartphone" they wanted to introduce people to other types. Since everyone knows what a BB is cause it's the "original".
    You should get your fact straight. Palm made the "ORIGINAL SMARTPHONE" RIM followed.
    03-22-10 06:33 PM
    You should get your fact straight. Palm made the "ORIGINAL SMARTPHONE" RIM followed.
    I didn't say they were the original. I was quoting the OP
    03-22-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD