I've noticed lately when watching tv that there are quite a few commercials advertising their apps but its always just for Google Play and AppStore sometimes Kindle and MS gets included but never an app for BB. I feel like every time i see this I want to shoot out an email and express my disappointment of not including BlackBerry in their services.

I did email a developer of a popular trucker Android app to see if he had any plans to make one for BB10 users either native or an Android port since he put the effort in making one for iTunes in the past year. This is what i got as a response "We don't have any plans for supporting BlackBerry in the future.". I stopped using their app and reverted to paper documents because i didn't the see the point of carrying my SIII around just for that app and showing any love for a developer that has no intention to support BB10 platform. I was a little upset by what seemed to be a dry response from them I got thinking to myself how hard is it to do an android port? Is it really that difficult? Anyway I have downloaded this particular app via Snap to see if it worked and found it does but not without issues. I had to do a work around to sign my daily document which I could see as becoming annoying if i choose to start using that app again.

Sorry for the rant but it just seems to burn my buns when I feel that BB users don't get any love like the others platforms do.
    02-19-14 02:21 PM
    I feel that now that it is so easy with 10.2.1 to install android apks that developers don't feel the need to develop a native BlackBerry app. Which is a problem for us BlackBerry users although some apks work great not all of them work that great or even work at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:44 PM
    I am curious as to how many people are aware that BB10 devices can download android apps. When i emailed that developer it was last year in late spring.
    02-19-14 02:56 PM
    I'm sure the developers are aware of that and since BB10 came out, it was always capable of running android apps even thought it's a whole world easier now with 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:07 PM
    How do you think developers reacted to bbry being put up for sale?
    Bb10 sales being desperately poor?
    Bbry now promoting use of Android apps?
    Who would want to plough a pile of cash into bb10 apps in these circumstances?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-19-14 03:29 PM
    I feel to do the same thing from time to time. Even just today. SkyDrive was (One Drive) was released today to Outlook.com users. But no app for BlackBerry. They clearly made a point in creating an iOS and Android app, but no BlackBerry. Such a shame.

Hopefully with the likes of Chen at the helm things will change...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:34 PM