Via FaceBook
    Did you hear who's going to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve? WE ARE! Our 2012 mantra is #BeBold and we're kicking it off by bringing you Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest. We want to hear how you plan to be bold in 2012. Better yet, we want to share it with the world! Tweet your bold resolution to @BlackBerry, include #BeBold & it might end up on a Times Square billboard! http://tlk.tc/WpRE
    Team BlackBerry New Years Resolution: #BeBold in 2012!
    12-28-11 03:48 PM
    I like it. Blackberry is doing some good stuff with their commercials. People are talking about it.
    12-28-11 05:57 PM
    baby cryin'

Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve is the most popular New Years program, and being sponsored my RIM is a big deal. Alot of exposure to the BlackBerry brand, which is better than no exposure at all...NOTHING.

Remember when CrackBerry Kevin predicted that the PlayBook would be advertised during the Last Superbowl? Because of many factors like general Q1 launch date, its a pun on the word playbook (like in football), the Black Eye Peas were performing the half time show (Will I am is a well know BB fan), etc....

And what happened? No Commercial... nothing at all. And RIM disappointed all of us with such a bonehead move not to advertise during the Superbowl... the most watched event on television.

It would have been great exposure for the PlayBook, it would have brought the tablet's very existence to the average consumers attention. But that didnt happen...

So this is actually a great thing... at the very least the BB brand well get SOME exposure during the most watched program during New Years Eve.... as opposed to nothing.

I especially like how people's #BeBold Tweets will end up on a Times Square billboard... thats pretty cool.
    12-28-11 06:01 PM
    I'm not sure about being Bold, but I will light my Torch on New Year's Eve...

Seacrest... OUT!
    12-28-11 06:13 PM
    "#bebold in 2012"......I like, I think its catchy. Its better than nothing at all. Maybe RIM reads what we write......you think. Advertisement, Advertisement.....ADVERTISEMENT!!!
    12-28-11 06:15 PM
    I like it!!!
    BeBold!
    12-28-11 08:43 PM
    They need a real good ad campaign to get people thinking and wanting the BB products. Out of sight out of mind!
    12-28-11 08:59 PM
    now if RIM gave away a glow in the dark bike with every BB, sales might pick up in the U.S. market. People enjoy freebie.
    12-28-11 09:04 PM
    I love it. Keep it up
    12-28-11 09:12 PM
    now if RIM gave away a glow in the dark bike with every BB, sales might pick up in the U.S. market. People enjoy freebie.
    Lol. That commercial did give me the idea to order some reflexive spray paint for my cycling backpack. I know it won't glow though. They used some really powerful blacklight for the shoot.

The commercial itself is a fail though. feels like it could be for any model since 2007. just sadly dated.
    12-28-11 09:15 PM
    commercial is a start, I am sure if CrackBerry & RIM held a youtube contest to submit your home made commercial there would be some exciting results. There is a lot of talent surfing these forums, RIM are you reading this?
    12-28-11 09:21 PM
    When RIM had the data outages problems, MS had a contest where people would write in about their problems. The best 25 or so got a free Windows Phone. Imagine if RIM collected stories of people wanting to switch to BlackBerry. The best ones would get a free device as long RIM can use your story in their marketing campaign.
    12-28-11 09:58 PM
    I'm not sure about being Bold, but I will light my Torch on New Year's Eve...

Seacrest... OUT!
    I like that. I was thinking along the lines of "carrying the torch thru 2012" lol.
    How about blackberry "turning the curve in 2012"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bbvj likes this.
    12-29-11 11:11 AM
    You can be bold and carry the torch
    bbvj likes this.
    12-29-11 12:17 PM
    Woohoo story made the blogs this morning
    12-29-11 01:40 PM
    is anyone here going to be in NYC on NYE?
    12-30-11 02:48 AM

The commercial itself is a fail though. feels like it could be for any model since 2007. just sadly dated.
    Agreed. I saw that commercial the other night and I wondered at first what they were selling. Then they didn't even highlight the BlackBerry too long. It took multiple views of the commercial to understand they were highlighting BBM and it's GPS feature. The glow in the dark bikes are not only distracting but they are kinda dumb.

If BlackBerry really wanted to be bold, they would release better devices and more up-to-date hardware. They would also stop delaying releases of software and disappointing many of their customers.
    12-30-11 08:39 AM
    Be bold and carry a torch before you hit a curve.
    12-30-11 08:56 AM
    The "BeBold in 2012" is catchy, and I love the glow in the dark bikes (want one lol)
    12-30-11 08:05 PM
    Bebold carrying a torch turning the curve into 2012
    01-02-12 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD