04-24-08 09:36 AM
28 12
tools
    Football fan here and I bet there are a few on this forum as well, so I thought I would make a discussion thread to discuss recent activity or predict what might happen this year.

I'm a huge St. Louis Rams fan, yes they've been a slump the last few years, still love them and I'm optimistic for the upcoming season. Last year the team was plagued with injuries mainly on the offensive line. I feel if they can stay healthy next year, they will be a top 10 offense again. With the draft coming up, many are predicting that the Rams will pick either Jake Long (OT) or Chris Long (DE) whichever is available at the number two position/selection.

What are your favourite teams? Any predictions for the upcoming season?
    03-15-08 12:14 AM
    I can't stand NFL. They are all worried about how much money there are or are not making. They don't play for the love of the game with exception of a few players like Brett Favre

I'm a huge college football fan. I went to 5 college Div 1 games this year and I will watch every game on TV. It does't matter who is palying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 12:20 AM

I'm a huge college football fan. I went to 5 college Div 1 games this year and I will watch every game on TV. It does't matter who is palying.
    I'm a College fan as well, it's all about "The U" (they're rebuilding, restocking the program!) and will always be about "The U"! (They have this swagger that can't be matched by anyone...) Do you have a particular school/program you like to watch? (I can watch any game regardless of team, I guess it's all the excitement each school has when they play...)
    03-15-08 12:29 AM
    USC here!!! The USC games attended this year vs washington St., UCLA and then the rose bowl vs. Illinois.

Since I currently live in Las vegas I also support UNLV but they suck. I had gone to UNLV vs Wisconsin and then also against BYU.

03-15-08 12:36 AM
    NICE! I like USC too, awesome program Pete Carroll is running over there, even with all the stars (Leinart, Bush, Ellis...) that leave for the NFL, they remain a top tier team each year and stay competitive!
    03-15-08 12:41 AM
    Yeah I love Pete. He has really turned the program around. Watch out for Joe Mckight in 08'.

I will usually make it out to LA for 2-3 games a year. Nothing like a game at the Coliseum. Fight On!!

03-15-08 12:48 AM
    Yeah I would love to attend a college football game, but unfortunately I reside up north, the closet I ever got was attending the International Bowl held at the Rogers Center. Venues/Games I want to attend: USC (Coliseum), Notre Dame (historic purposes), Miami (well, they lost their home and now moving into another stadium...) Florida St (I want to be on the field "Prime Time" played on...) and Oklahoma
    03-15-08 12:51 AM
    I would love to attend a ND game for the same reason and Penn st(happy valley) for just the reason as they probably have the loudest stadium/fans of any school.

03-15-08 12:57 AM
    PATS this time its personal hahaha
    03-16-08 06:17 AM
    I always have been and always will be a Denver Bronco fan. I don't think Shanahan will allow another disappointing season. This will be year three for Jay Cutler as well as Brandon Marshall. I'm definitely betting on a playoff appearance this year.
    03-16-08 02:25 PM
    Gotta go with my boys, The Steelers! We signed Big Crappy Ben for to much money but hey. When Mr. Parker comes back I think we will be looking onto Tampa! (the spot for the superbowl this year) Tho if I had to pick one guy that I think would be a GREAT pick for a team this year, would have to be OSU's Goldsten, can we say MONSTER?
    03-16-08 02:34 PM
    Go Pats!!!
    03-16-08 03:39 PM
    I am a big steelers fan. We did pay a lot for Ben considering he can be rather unpredictable, but maybe he will turn that around this year! My hubby likes college football so we watch both. We went to Purdue, so we are generally dissapointed on Saturdays.
    03-16-08 06:40 PM
    Giants! Been a Giants fan since I was 5 (that's 42 years a fan). Repeat? Who cares? Just enjoying the extra sweet victory. It was so worth all the lean years.
    03-16-08 07:21 PM
    Miami Dolphins fan right here... Boy I miss the Dan Marino days!
    03-16-08 08:20 PM
    The Eagles are gonna be a playoff team this year after signing CB Asante Samuel. Let's hope McNabb will play this entire season injury free.
    03-16-08 08:33 PM
    this should be in off topic
    03-17-08 12:48 PM
    Im lions fan. funny huh?
    03-18-08 12:19 AM
    Growing up in a bball state (NC......I remember all my teachers in grade school would let us look at the March Madness daytime games), I wasn't that big of a football fan until I headed up to Penn State for grad school. However, I've always been a Steelers fan (sort of a family traditon).

03-18-08 02:14 AM
    I love my raiders even though since gruden left they haven't done much.

04-09-08 01:53 PM
    8 days until the draft, getting really excited...
    04-18-08 07:10 AM
    Go KC Chiefs! I know they sucked the last couple of years but I have hope!

Also, I love the Missouri Tigers - go MIZZOU!

04-18-08 08:13 AM
    I always have been and always will be a Denver Bronco fan. I don't think Shanahan will allow another disappointing season. This will be year three for Jay Cutler as well as Brandon Marshall. I'm definitely betting on a playoff appearance this year.
    I hope your right. Too bad they keep letting go of the wrong people. Getting rid of Elam, what were they thinking?
    04-18-08 08:32 AM
    THIS WEEKEND!!
    Pick 14 baby
    04-24-08 01:25 AM

What are your favourite teams? Any predictions for the upcoming season?

Die hard Bears fan!! At all the home games no matter if it rains, snows, or is -25 with wind chill.

My predicition is that we are going to finish what we started in 07. The Bears will be back in Florida for Super Bowl XLIII. Don't doubt it! Year of the Bears!!
    04-24-08 01:36 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD