I love my Curve 8310, I'm totally satisfied with it, so I wasn't planning any upgrade. BUT... my dad needs a new phone... so I was thinking to give the Curve to him and buy me a Bold 9000 for 130-150EUR.

So I'll jump to 3G+Wi-Fi (not that I need them...), a better screen and an amazing form factor (i love the 9000's form factor!!).

What do you think? Will I regret? ...I'm used to bring the Curve with the original leather case in my jean's pocket... does the Bold with the leather case fit properly in a pocket??

I scared mainly by the battery: my curve lasts 3-4 days without a charge... I know that the Bold battery doesn't last so much... is that right?

And what about the memory? With the Curve I have ~8mb free and I'm happy... but I can't install nothing but Viigo and Facebook...!!

Any suggestion will be appreciated!
    Last edited by FrankCM; 01-02-11 at 01:46 PM.
    01-02-11 01:32 PM
    Why would anyone wanna go 4 days without a charger? In our modern world, you can find a PC / electric socket anywhere you go to, so the battery shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Further more, you will enjoy the Bold 9000's 3G speed, large screen, and the best keyboard.

Regarding memory, will that is the main problem as the Bold 9000 only sports 128 MB of memory but it wouldn't be any worse than your current Curve I guess.

Overall, The Bold 9000 is a nice upgrade if that's your budget.
    01-02-11 03:57 PM
    I have a Torch but use a 9000 that I bought used as my primary phone. I just bought a second 9000 today in mint condition that I'll use when there is nothing left of the first one.
    01-02-11 05:26 PM
    I love my Curve 8310, I'm totally satisfied with it, so I wasn't planning any upgrade. BUT... my dad needs a new phone... so I was thinking to give the Curve to him and buy me a Bold 9000 for 130-150EUR.

So I'll jump to 3G+Wi-Fi (not that I need them...), a better screen and an amazing form factor (i love the 9000's form factor!!).

What do you think? Will I regret? ...I'm used to bring the Curve with the original leather case in my jean's pocket... does the Bold with the leather case fit properly in a pocket??

I scared mainly by the battery: my curve lasts 3-4 days without a charge... I know that the Bold battery doesn't last so much... is that right?

And what about the memory? With the Curve I have ~8mb free and I'm happy... but I can't install nothing but Viigo and Facebook...!!

Any suggestion will be appreciated!
    Having owned both the 8310 and the 9000, the 9000 is a good upgrade from the Curve. If the BOLD will fit your needs- go for it. The BOLD is bigger, but, will fit in your pocket.
    01-02-11 06:08 PM
    The Bold 9000 Is an excellent device... and you will enjoy it.

battery life isnt too bad either...You can always switch down to the 2G in the bold mobile network menu... And that I find saves your battery life significantly...

GL
    01-03-11 09:01 PM
    I had a couple of 9000s, really liked them. In fact, the keyboard was my favorite so far in a Berry. Only major drawback for me was the limited amount of app memory. Anyway, enjoy!
    01-03-11 09:13 PM
    Yeah, if you're an App guy then the 9000 probably won't suit your needs. But if you want a stripped down workhorse, get it. I have other toys that do the flashy stuff. But sometimes I just want to make a phone call and send some emails.
    01-03-11 09:51 PM
    I love my new Bold 9000!!!

Yes, the memory isn't so huge... but I'm not an app guy at all...

A question: I'd like to use with this Bold 9000 my old SD Card that I used with the Curve... it's better to reformat the card or can I just insert the old card in the new BlackBerry?
    01-12-11 10:19 AM
    I love my new Bold 9000!!!

Yes, the memory isn't so huge... but I'm not an app guy at all...

A question: I'd like to use with this Bold 9000 my old SD Card that I used with the Curve... it's better to reformat the card or can I just insert the old card in the new BlackBerry?
    Reformatting the microSD card should not be necessary. I switched from a 9000 to a 9700 and did not reformat my card.
    01-12-11 10:22 AM
    Ok, I'll try to simply change the SD card..

I know I just told that..but I love this BlackBerry!! It has an awesome form factor! :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 01:31 PM
    I know how you feel. The best thing is that you can treat it as rough as you want and just replace the parts and it's back to mint. I replaced a bezel, trackball, and keyboard last night on one in about 15 minutes and it looks straight out of the box.
    01-12-11 02:01 PM
    A question about the software: it's the second time I have the ringtones issue with the 5.0.0.822..

Can you suggest me a rock solid and official version that I can install instead of the 822? Like, I don't know, the 681, or something...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:34 PM
    .771 doesn't have the ring issue and is pretty stable IMO. There's also a .1049 or something that some people like, but I haven't tried it.
    01-13-11 01:39 PM
    The Bold's drawback is it's memory, fact. But I am not an app person, I have BerryBuzz, and deToday, I don't do games. My 9000 is strictly communication. I have a Torch but I still rock my 9000. It is / was the best of RIM, imho. I am looking for another just so I know I will have a solid communications device if all else fails. The 9000 is outdated for sure but it is really a matter of whose perspective you wish to believe.
    Enjoy your 9000, a solid choice for sure, you won't regret.
    01-14-11 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD