I was just wondering how many people switch BlackBerry's due to usage?
    Does the phone you are using eat up application space? Run too slow? Out dated? What ever it may be.
    I find myself keeping with the trends and switching every year now... Supporting RIM!
    But I'm sure there are people out there who get every phone launched anyway...and some holding on to ancient devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 04:50 AM
    If the new phone does not offer material benefits compared to what I have I don't
    bother changing devices. That is why I am completely skipping the 9700.

I always optimize my OS so app space was never an issue. Never had a slow
    phone.

If my Bold had not gotten destroyed I'd still have it, but since it did I simply
    replaced it with what I thought was the better phone. I have no desire or
    patience to keep up with trends, the hot new thing, etc... I am the one person
    you will never see at a store on launch day for anything.
    10-26-09 05:05 AM
    If the opportunity to get a new phone comes up (for the right price) I usually get it. For example I'm not eligible for an upgrade to get a 9700, but if somehow I was able to get it for a good price I'd probably get it. Just in my nature.

10-26-09 05:16 AM
    If the new phone does not offer material benefits compared to what I have I don't
    bother changing devices. That is why I am completely skipping the 9700.

I always optimize my OS so app space was never an issue. Never had a slow
    phone.

If my Bold had not gotten destroyed I'd still have it, but since it did I simply
    replaced it with what I thought was the better phone. I have no desire or
    patience to keep up with trends, the hot new thing, etc... I am the one person
    you will never see at a store on launch day for anything.
    I wish I wasn't so addicted either. Though I won't wait in line for a phone, I usually desire a new phone at about the time ill need a replacement "yearlyish".

Last edited by JamWar; 10-26-09 at 05:50 AM.
    10-26-09 05:48 AM
    Me, couldn't do it. I was still using a 8100 when the Bold dropped and only got
    it because a relative hated it and gave it too me free. Were it not for that I'd
    have been just fine with the 8100 and 8310.

I do miss not having a backup phone though.
    10-26-09 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD