They are making it official

New Ontario April  Holiday-new-canadian-holiday.jpg
    Last edited by Cynycl; 04-09-14 at 09:21 AM.
    shaleem likes this.
    04-09-14 08:17 AM
    Oh damn! Sorry about that. Not too exciting of a day for loyal Leafs fans.
    04-09-14 08:29 AM
    More like April Fools day for those who still think this team is still a legitimate sport club.
    Chalk2 likes this.
    04-09-14 01:13 PM
    XD

P.S. GO Habs GO!

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    04-09-14 01:14 PM
    Fire Nonis, Carlyle and reimer should be serving big macs soon

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-09-14 11:14 PM
    Well they won't need an extra holiday since they don't have to play for the rest of the season.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:53 PM
    I guess it will be holiday for the May, June, July and August as well. Nice work if you can get it.
    04-10-14 06:13 AM
    04-10-14 08:52 PM
    I feel for you Leafs fans. Go Blackhawks!!!!!
    04-15-14 09:38 AM
    Fire Nonis, Carlyle and reimer should be serving big macs soon

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    Agree with Carlyle. It wasn't totally his fault though. Just pushing his style stubbornly on a team not built for it. Also Reimer is the type of goalie that if let go will come back and bite the leafs. Carlyle destroyed his confidence and sat him for too long. Yes Bernier was a better goalie but Reimer should not have been treated the way he was when he back stopped in front of a garbage team that won games through sheer luck and having more goals at the end of 60. Anyway go Shanahan!
    04-15-14 12:24 PM
    New Ontario April  Holiday-leafs.jpg

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    shaleem likes this.
    04-15-14 10:07 PM
    At least our Raptors are in the playoffs!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:09 PM
    At least our Raptors are in the playoffs!

Posted via CB10
    And the jays seem like a completely different team from last year too, they're actually winning a few games this year!!

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    04-15-14 10:13 PM
    There is absolutely no incentive for the Leafs organization to win. Sure it's probably considered a dream come true for a player to be on the Leafs... but once you're in the NHL, is being a Leafs player still considered prestigious?

Think of all the emotional investment that die-hard Leafs fans have made for the last coming-up-on FOUR decades: when the Leafs ACTUALLY win the Stanley Cup, how many will just say "They WON! I'm done. I can't take the disappointment any more."

So there is actually a DISINCENTIVE for the Leafs to actually win the cup. Getting close every few years keeps the home fires burning, but actually WINNING would probably drive a lot of loyal fans away, as they're not willing to wait another 40 years.

If you want the Leafs to win: stop buying tickets. Stop buying merchandise. Make it UNPROFITABLE for the Leafs to continue operating as they do. All the money they make (I believe they're still the most profitable team in the entire NHL?) losing year after year does very little to motivate them to win. If the ACC was half empty every game because they weren't winning, they'd have to make the kinds of changes and investments that the WINNING teams make.

Winning the Stanley Cup isn't hard. Someone does it every single year. There are known ways to do this... but... MLSE makes money either way, so why WHY should they bother?
    04-16-14 09:11 AM
    There is absolutely no incentive for the Leafs organization to win. Sure it's probably considered a dream come true for a player to be on the Leafs... but once you're in the NHL, is being a Leafs player still considered prestigious?

Think of all the emotional investment that die-hard Leafs fans have made for the last coming-up-on FOUR decades: when the Leafs ACTUALLY win the Stanley Cup, how many will just say "They WON! I'm done. I can't take the disappointment any more."

So there is actually a DISINCENTIVE for the Leafs to actually win the cup. Getting close every few years keeps the home fires burning, but actually WINNING would probably drive a lot of loyal fans away, as they're not willing to wait another 40 years.

If you want the Leafs to win: stop buying tickets. Stop buying merchandise. Make it UNPROFITABLE for the Leafs to continue operating as they do. All the money they make (I believe they're still the most profitable team in the entire NHL?) losing year after year does very little to motivate them to win. If the ACC was half empty every game because they weren't winning, they'd have to make the kinds of changes and investments that the WINNING teams make.

Winning the Stanley Cup isn't hard. Someone does it every single year. There are known ways to do this... but... MLSE makes money either way, so why WHY should they bother?
    Really?! You're gonna tell a city full of die-hard hockey fans to quit watching their team?! Ok buddy, I'm sure that will go over well

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    04-16-14 12:46 PM

Winning the Stanley Cup isn't hard? Are you kidding me? It's probably the hardest Championship to win.
    04-17-14 09:42 AM
    Really?! You're gonna tell a city full of die-hard hockey fans to quit watching their team?! Ok buddy, I'm sure that will go over well
    I don't think it's a realistic "solution" but it is the only one that might work. No one in MLSE mgmt is going to double the cash outlay when there is no upside to doing so from a financial perspective. Even just pure random chance the Leafs should have won once in the last 40 years, but there's nothing random about how that business us run: to maximise profits, and winning the Stanley Cup doesn't serve that objective.

Winning the Stanley Cup isn't hard? Are you kidding me? It's probably the hardest Championship to win.
    Define "hard". Someone will win. Some years the winning team is so much better than all of the losing teams that it is "relatively" easy.

Besides, it was just a bit of a joke... like the one Leafs management is pulling on Canadian hockey fans.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 04-17-14 at 04:20 PM.
    04-17-14 04:10 PM
    I don't think it's a realistic "solution" but it is the only one that might work. No one in MLSE mgmt is going to double the cash outlay when there is no upside to doing so from a financial perspective. Even just pure random chance the Leafs should have won once in the last 40 years, but there's nothing random about how that business us run: to maximise profits, and winning the Stanley Cup doesn't serve that objective.

Define "hard". Someone will win. Some years the winning team is so much better than all of the losing teams that it is "relatively" easy.

Besides, it was just a bit of a joke... like the one Leafs management is pulling on Canadian hockey fans.

Posted via CB10
    Define hard? OK. Hard as in it is probably the most difficult championship to win in any sport.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-17-14 06:50 PM