New (RELATIVELY) comer to the cloud storage: Copy
    https://copy.com/?r=2Rl6Pg

Why should you use/trust Copy?
    Unlike Dropbox, you start with 10GB free (vs dropbox's 2GB), 5GB for using a referral link like the one I've posted up there (if you refer a new user, you both get 5GB more), and 5GB for linking either windows desktop app, ios app, or android app. Thats 20GB free off the bat. Also, upload file size limits are larger and the storage doesnt expire. 20 for life of account isnt bad.

As for a bit of reference (src=http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040095330&postcount=33):
    Copy.com is owned by Barracuda Networks. They are a web security and firewall company first. They have well-known companies (Coca-Cola) using their products.

Their CEO and co-founder recently left the company (July 2012), but that is because it is profitable and pretty big now. He is an angel investor type and enjoys building companies. He is still a majority owner.

After he left they got more financing, $130 million from Sequoia. Interestingly, Sequoia Capital invested $250 million in Dropbox in October 2011. Note that most of Sequoia's investments have been 10-20 mil since Dropbox. So 130 and 250 is a lot!

The money was probably split to build copy.com (it was released 01 March 2013) and a device to compete with Cisco, since few months ago, they released an application delivery controller that retails for 10 and 20 grand which competes directly with Cisco's ADC.[2]

They would probably be valued at 1-3 billion if they had gone public before these two products. I'm guessing investors would think cloud storage (hot buzzword right now with public) and competing with a giant like Cisco (competency) looks good so they would be valued significantly higher.

One thing I like about them is sharing files does not count twice.

You share 1 GB with one Friend
    Dropbox

Your quota goes down 1GB
    Your friend's quota goes down 1GB

Copy.com

Your quota goes down 500MB
    Your friend's quota goes down 500MB

You share 1 GB with two Friends
    Dropbox

Your quota goes down 1GB
    Friend A's quota goes down 1GB
    Friend B's quota goes down 1GB

Copy.com

Your quota goes down 333MB
    Friend A's quota goes down 333MB
    Friend B's quota goes down 333MB

[1] Barracuda Networks Gets $130 Million From Sequoia, Francisco - Bloomberg
    [2] Barracuda swims with other big fish in ADC market - Network World
    edit: @mods didnt find this on cb but if this is located in the wrong place, i apologize and feel free to move it
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 04-08-14 at 07:18 PM.
    04-08-14 04:13 PM
    I use box, 50gb free

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:15 PM
    Yes, many of us use copy.com already. I also use Mega...50GB x2 accounts. also free.
    Thanks.
    04-08-14 04:15 PM
    i have my box accounts too from playbook days but box likes to modify my creation/edit dates on my files and that's more important to me than space. my box accounts now just sit there collecting virtual dust.
    04-08-14 04:36 PM
    Copy is not new, been around for awhile now, they will give you 15gb up front when you sign up, and 5GB for every user you refer to them.

So far I have more than 100GB with them.

PS. shouldn't you make it clear that the link in the OP is your referral link for which you will get 5GB if anyone uses it to sign up and link an app to?
    04-08-14 04:57 PM
    Copy is not new, been around for awhile now, they will give you 15gb up front when you sign up, and 5GB for every user you refer to them.

So far I have more than 100GB with them.

PS. shouldn't you make it clear that the link in the OP is your referral link for which you will get 5GB if anyone uses it to sign up and link an app to?
    i did say 5GB for using link. but i will be more explicit.
    04-08-14 07:16 PM
    Some people got over 5 Terabytes with referrals in Copy.
    04-08-14 08:13 PM
    Aren't referral links against the rules? Otherwise, what stops EVERYONE from posting stuff like this... (a year later than everyone else).

I started using Copy last year to backup my 16GB USB drive that I use at work. I thought this was going to be an awesome feature (removeable drive that can be backed up! and USB drives die suddenly all the time...) that no one else had. I found that the software was fairly buggy (high CPU, failing to backup, overwriting previous backup, detecting wrong USB key, etc), and after working through about the 3rd major issue that required Tech Support intervention, I stopped using it.

I will say, that being able to communicate directly with the lead developer was a nice change so that you can speak directly about the issue and get a fix quickly, but it also told me they were still in alpha/beta stage and wasn't quite ready for prime time.
    04-08-14 08:33 PM
    DropBox 53GB, Box 10GB, MyCloud 10TB.

Think I am covered.
    04-08-14 08:37 PM
    Aren't referral links against the rules? Otherwise, what stops EVERYONE from posting stuff like this... (a year later than everyone else).

I started using Copy last year to backup my 16GB USB drive that I use at work. I thought this was going to be an awesome feature (removeable drive that can be backed up! and USB drives die suddenly all the time...) that no one else had. I found that the software was fairly buggy (high CPU, failing to backup, overwriting previous backup, detecting wrong USB key, etc), and after working through about the 3rd major issue that required Tech Support intervention, I stopped using it.

I will say, that being able to communicate directly with the lead developer was a nice change so that you can speak directly about the issue and get a fix quickly, but it also told me they were still in alpha/beta stage and wasn't quite ready for prime time.
    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

i apologize if this is in fact against the rules; i wanted to share a service. i also was talking about how to get the best amount for starting up a new account. much like a slickdeals listing.

sure its not brand spanking new or what not but i found no threads about it on cb so i decided to share. my hope is a person interested in variety would use the link, then share their link for the next person....spreading the love. i never said it was for everyone so im sorry for wasting your time if you've got a bajillion other cloud providers. no one's forced you (in general) to click/read/reply.
    04-08-14 09:05 PM
    Yeah you are right,, copy is goig awesome, because many popular cloud storage services are abnned now because of copyright issues. I am also using copy and mega to upload larger files, because they bigger file size to upload as compare to other cloud storage apps. I am really shocked that why people are still using sropbox and onedrive, that are offering just 2 to 5GB of storage space. But when it comes to privacy, I think Googledrive is a better option because of its credibility, also it provide a handsome space that's enough for new users. As mentioned here: 5 Free Cloud Storage Apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch about pCloud and CX, both have 10GB of storage space and can be good alternatives for dropbox and box, also dropbox's storage limit can be increased by referring it to others and you can get more than 20GB of free space in it.
    06-18-14 10:00 AM