03-24-12 08:30 AM
45 12
tools
    consumer reports have listed honda and toyota respectively as the most reliable cars in america over the last few years. so if you're steering away from the toyota, check out some hondas. there a little more expensive, but you pay for quality.
    08-03-09 11:19 AM
    Where's that quote from, Chad-a-lad-ading-dong?
    edmunds.com
    08-03-09 11:34 AM
    i was lookin at used cars, but id like to get something new, im still lookin at the jetta, and now the corolla
    edmunds.com
    idk what magazine it was that my bfs dad gave me, but im pretty sure it was consumer reports and honda and toyota were def in the top ten...and jetta was not.
    08-03-09 11:41 AM
    A good site to check out is Autos.com: The best autos ranking site to help you find your perfect car I've been using that for like the past year. They have pretty much everything you'd want to know about any car Could just use with a few more pictures
    08-03-09 11:45 AM
    i got my info from consumer reports magazine.
    08-03-09 11:49 AM
    I think you can't go wrong with a Honda, Chad - you know I drive an Acura, but there was a little misinformation a bit earlier. I also had a Ford Focus that was a reliable little car. For a couple years I almost never turned it off and never had one problem with it. Consumer Reports puts Ford's quality on a par with the Japanese auto makers. I also got better gas milage in the Focus. I just wanted something sportier and faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 11:52 AM
    Chad, have you checked out Subaru's? I have a Forester and love it. Drives well, gets great mileage, uses regular gas (always a plus these days)...
    08-03-09 12:12 PM
    I can't speak for the newer VW's but, I had an 1977 VW Scirocco that I had bought from my uncle in 1989. It had a cracked block, ORIGINAL brakes, hoses and a few belts. The transmission would only work in 2 gears (not including reverse) and there was a hole in the floorboard (about the size of a football) on the passenger's side.

That car was indestructable.

On the other hand, I guy I work with bought a 2008 Ford Fusion and he loves it.
    08-03-09 12:19 PM
    I can't speak for the newer VW's but, I had an 1977 VW Scirocco that I had bought from my uncle in 1989. It had a cracked block, ORIGINAL brakes, hoses and a few belts. The transmission would only work in 2 gears (not including reverse) and there was a hole in the floorboard (about the size of a football) on the passenger's side.

That car was indestructable.

On the other hand, I guy I work with bought a 2008 Ford Fusion and he loves it.
    hey thats when I was born!
    08-03-09 12:23 PM
    hey thats when I was born!
    Thanks kid! Thanks for reminding me of my age!
    08-03-09 12:29 PM
    I just lost my *** on a 03 Audi A4 quattro.... I will never own a german car out or warranty. They are badass machines just not worth keeping for more than 3 years or 36k miles... IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:08 PM
    My 2nd Jetta is an 04 TDI (turbo diesel) with 100,000 miles. I get about 42 mpg in the mountains and it's a hoot to drive. It's been easy to maintain and requires an oil change only every 10,000 miles. Virtually no maintenance. I enjoy getting close to 600 miles on every 14 gallon tank of fuel.
    08-05-09 06:19 AM
    Chad, have you checked out Subaru's? I have a Forester and love it. Drives well, gets great mileage, uses regular gas (always a plus these days)...
    Amen. Been driving them for 10 years. Safest car on the road, and habitually Consumer Reports No. 1 rated in it's class. My guess it's probably above the price range the OP is looking for. Take a look at the Impreza or Legacy. Can't beat all wheel drive in Pittsburgh.
    08-05-09 07:18 AM
    i always wanted a subaru because of what ive heard but especially for the AWD. but alas! no money.
    08-05-09 08:43 AM
    Ok - Don't know you but I want to throw in my opinion. Get a Honda - I have a 2006 Civic Si & I love it. I only buy Honda & I never have to do anything on it but regular maintainance. Plus they keep their value pretty well. Reliability & efficiency - can't beat that. I also get compliments on it all the time, it's a great little machine. I can go on all day about this but I think you get the point .

I'd even post a picture for you but I'm too embarassed . But I will tell you that I do have a wallpaper of it that I use on my phone sometimes!
    08-12-09 12:22 AM
    I'd suggest a Toyota or Honda...

With all this "clunker" stuff going on you should be able to get a grat deal! A year ago I traded my 2000 Expedition for a '08 Yaris (New)...going from about 12MPG to about 35MPG...big difference. Plus, my insurance is lower on the new car. Much smaller, but reliability and costs are more important to me.

Any Toyota or Honda...both are rated high in reliability...
    08-12-09 09:55 AM
    im still lookin and doing reasearch, im lookin at VW jetta still and toyatos and hondas, tough decisions
    08-12-09 10:25 AM
    Got mine from Honda Austin! So far, it was a good purchasing experience. I went home glad with the service I got from the dealership, prior to the anxiety about the whole situation because you never know if a car seller is being honest or not, but indeed dealerships are usually much more reputable than private sellers.
    03-24-12 03:55 AM
    Though they have been discontinued, you may find the Honda Element AWD still available at Honda dealers. You're moving from a small SUV to a smaller platform, so I'm asuming size doesn't matter...the new Toyota Hybrid Prius C seems to be an outsatnding value, with over 50 mpg. Lastly, I have an affection for the Mini Cooper S, which we ordered for our just turned 18 year old.

Oh, and a personal favorite of mine, which we will replace our 2010 Jeep Liberty with (p!ss poor mileage as well as $hitty workmanship) is the Subaru Outback or Forester.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 03-24-12 at 08:38 AM.
    03-24-12 08:11 AM
    "german engineering is junk !".......lmao

Its above many.

Here are good quality German manufacturers. Sounds like he is partial. Merecedes - Bmw's - Audi's - Volkswagons not to think of Bugatti for goodness sake.

I've heard nearly everything here haha.

Honda civic would be a good choice.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 03-24-12 at 08:33 AM.
    03-24-12 08:30 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD