ok so im looking at buy a new car, the cars i have narrowed down to are VW jetta, ford fusion (the more and more i look at it i dont know if i like or not) i want something that gets good gas milage, right now i have a 99 chevy blazer with 155,500 miles and im only getting 15mpg on a good day, the jetta gets very good mpg, this will be my first time buying a new car, anyone have any tips or tricks or thoughts?
    08-02-09 03:21 PM
    The Jetta does get great gas mileage. One thing to consider is that you can probably get a great deal at this time from a dealer. Go to a few dealer's and keep saying "this is what they offered me" and such. You may already know that! Otherwise, are you looking for other suggestions? Also, if you're looking just for great gas mileage, you may want to consider the Jetta TDI. It's the Diesel version, and if you go on some VW forums, people are getting extremely good gas mileage out of them. I haven't looked recently, but I remember they were about 30-35 city and some were getting in the 50s highway. I am considering a TDI for my next car.
    08-02-09 04:52 PM
    coming from a certified mechanic ...

DONT BUY GERMAN VEHICLES !

parts = more expensive

car = more expensive

car = more problems

german engineering is junk !

before someone has a comment to make about american cars and trucks and the quality/durability , please do your homework first .
    the american car companies , especially Ford , is highest ranked in build quality and customer satisfaction . the "import" foreign cars are in a quick downward slide .
    08-03-09 12:29 AM
    stayt away from VW unless you sell before the warranty is up. I have a gti I hate it
    08-03-09 12:55 AM
    The vw diesel engines have less problems .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 08:30 AM
    Have you looked at the new toyota corollas chad! They are pretty frickin' nice and mine gets great gas mileage! Check them out.
    08-03-09 08:43 AM
    Have you looked at the new toyota corollas chad! They are pretty frickin' nice and mine gets great gas mileage! Check them out.
    i just went on toyota's web site, i like the look of them, ill look into that more, thanks!
    08-03-09 09:06 AM
    Just a little research for your perusal.

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews, Pictures and Prices - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Reliability Ratings - New 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Reliability Ratings – New York Times

Please note that in recent history that the Jetta has suffered from reliability and dealer service issues. A large portion of this is noted to be complexity and quality control issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:28 AM
    i wouldnt buy a volkswagen because of the mechanical issues ive heard about but not all german cars are junk. my dad has 2 porsches (1983 944 stock and a 1987 944 race car) and both cars run like dreams. of course any car you buy will have regular maintenance required but alot of german cars are built to last many, many years.

i would NOT recommend buying a ford unless its a truck. i do not like ford cars in the least. i drive a 02 ford focus and there is something constantly wrong with the car. not to mention its uncomfortable and there are alot of minor problems that were overlooked in the design process (it is purely an economy car and nothing else)

if you want good gas mileage and reliability, i would recommend honda or toyota (in that order)
    08-03-09 09:42 AM
    robo is right...hondas are great too! I wanted a civic, but my i got my toyota at a great deal. my next car will be a honda civic tho for sure!
    08-03-09 09:48 AM
    robo is right...hondas are great too! I wanted a civic, but my i got my toyota at a great deal. my next car will be a honda civic tho for sure!
    That's what I'm looking at too Out of everything, I've heard the best things about Honda. And awesome fuel economy too.
    08-03-09 09:50 AM
    Yea hondas a re great cars for sure!! Gas is just amazing too! But my friend has a civic and it costs him about the same as my toyota to fill up.
    08-03-09 09:55 AM
    Yea hondas a re great cars for sure!! Gas is just amazing too! But my friend has a civic and it costs him about the same as my toyota to fill up.
    Do you have a Corolla? I think they actually get 1 MPG better on the highway than the civic does And I think the Honda gets 32 and 39
    08-03-09 09:59 AM
    Yea I have a corolla!
    I got it at a great deal and wasn't going to be able to get the honda I wanted so I went with the next best thing.
    I like look of the 06 honda civic coupes and I couldn't find a good deal on those so I went with corolla!
    08-03-09 10:01 AM
    Yea I have a corolla!
    I got it at a great deal and wasn't going to be able to get the honda I wanted so I went with the next best thing.
    I like look of the 06 honda civic coupes and I couldn't find a good deal on those so I went with corolla!
    That's what I was looking at too. An '06 or an '07, but you can't find one for less than $12 000 around here Might have to go with a 2004.
    08-03-09 10:04 AM
    That's what I was looking at too. An '06 or an '07, but you can't find one for less than $12 000 around here Might have to go with a 2004.
    Yea I got an 05 Toyotal Corolla S with 68XXX miles on it for under 9,000. I couldn't let that slip away from me. Glad I didn't either.
    08-03-09 10:09 AM
    Yea I got an 05 Toyotal Corolla S with 68XXX miles on it for under 9,000. I couldn't let that slip away from me. Glad I didn't either.
    No, that's a good deal I keep looking online at cars, but there's so many losers out there putting up fake ads. The one was a 2006 Honda Civic in my area with 48 000 Ks. You click on the pictures and really take a look at them.... There were palm trees in the background. Yeah, we got lotsa those in Canada
    08-03-09 10:15 AM
    OMG, and our autotrader sucks... They've changed this site like 5 times. All for the worse. I can't even read these ads.
    08-03-09 10:18 AM
    As sad as it sounds. I found a small car dealship on craigslist...they sent me through a credit union and i got 8% for my interest rate and my credit score wasn't even 650. I got the hook up.
    Last edited by thinkamp; 08-03-09 at 10:38 AM.
    08-03-09 10:32 AM
    As said as it sounds. I found a small car dealship on craigslist...they sent me through a credit union and i got 8% for my interest rate and my credit score wasn't even 650. I got the hook up.
    Lol, good job
    08-03-09 10:34 AM
    i was lookin at used cars, but id like to get something new, im still lookin at the jetta, and now the corolla
    08-03-09 10:37 AM
    You go AmbZ!!!!!!!!!!
    08-03-09 10:37 AM
    i was lookin at used cars, but id like to get something new, im still lookin at the jetta, and now the corolla
    I would love to have one of the new corollas...they are way sexy, but I love my 05 corolla! I'll probably trade that sucker in for an 06 honda civic coupe or an 2009 toyota corolla when I get it paid off.
    08-03-09 10:40 AM
    hmmm, i ve been reasearching this all morning

"reviews, we've been disappointed with the current Toyota Corolla. Competitors from Honda, Hyundai and Mazda outdo it in most regards, specifically in the areas of interior quality, value and driving pleasure/confidence. In a consumer comparison test where we invited six regular Americans to test several competitors in this class, the Corolla finished dead last and was deemed a disappointment by most."
    08-03-09 11:08 AM
    Where's that quote from, Chad-a-lad-ading-dong?
    08-03-09 11:17 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD