04-27-10 08:42 PM
59 123
tools
    And thats why the Curve selling # blow out the iPhone one quarter after quarter... With it old and outdated features...

Hey take this advice: go away and buy a iPhone or whatever other device and bash this one.

Duh!
    I swear I wish people would learn how to read critically. The survey used to
    support this claim is total BS.

What they did is take the sales if the iPhone 3G (ONLY) and compare it to the
    total sales of every phone in the Curve line, in total. Of course the Curve
    would win when the parameters are already skewed in it's favor.

Try comparing the sales of the iPhone with that of any ONE Curve and I
    assure you the results will not be as favorable.
    04-27-10 12:54 AM
    The problem could be that BlackBerry users believe that there will be a huge change in software and hardware after each year and there won't be. This is generally the case with any device being made that has a successor. After a year, the changes will be incremental. Usually after two years, you see a decidedly better product. It coincides nicely with your two year agreement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 04:01 AM
    Can't make everyone happy/ thread....

With that said many of us Berry users are still in fact happy with our phones...

04-27-10 05:01 AM
    Food for thought.

Have you bought a car recently? Maybe a new PC?

Go take a look at the difference between last year's car and this year's, pick your maker. What has really been done to it? A couple features added, some things improved, and it's now the (insert make and model here) 2010 edition.

And yet it's new and improved, and much preferred over last year's model. And people will buy it, because of those improvements.

Nothing different than what you are ranting about here.
    This gentleman has a very valid point. Coffee makers......if you think about it, why ARE new models made every year? let's see... Heat water, run through coffee grinds, make beeping noise. Oh but THIS model has a little more chrome on it. Voila! The Java Master 9000!

My opinion is that its pure marketing competition. Technology isn't increasing fast enough to allow production of exceptionally different phones every 6 months; however, Spacely Sprockets is going to out out a "new" product anyway and so Coswell Cogs has to.

We, the consumers, enable the monster to keep growing by willingly yanking the wallet back open to buy that "new and improved" product. They know how to sell it to us, too. "got that same old Koffee King 8000? Quit being a loser! The Java Master 9000 has 5% more chrome on it!"

So how does your coffee taste?
    04-27-10 06:06 AM
    And thats why the Curve selling # blow out the iPhone one quarter after quarter... With it old and outdated features...

Hey take this advice: go away and buy a iPhone or whatever other device and bash this one.

Duh!
    Curves are discounted and even buy-one-get-one so there is no comparison.
    04-27-10 08:19 AM
    Curves are discounted and even buy-one-get-one so there is no comparison.
    BB curve > iphone.

Sorry but its a fact.

04-27-10 10:35 AM
    BB curve > iphone.

Sorry but its a fact.

I think we should make every single thread here a BB vs. iPhone discussion, that would be so sweet!

Oh wait, sorry, that's already the case.
    04-27-10 10:42 AM
    I think we should make every single thread here a BB vs. iPhone discussion, that would be so sweet!

Oh wait, sorry, that's already the case.

HAHA!!!

Our Problem here is that we upgrade our phones too fast,

Joe Consumer, and Joe Suit upgrade on a 2-3 year cycle, doesn't matter how many phones come out between those cycles, business contracts and leasing deals, are 2 years, Personal contracts are 2-3 years for the hardware upgrades, My 8330 is still in use corporately, and my 9630 personal is a HUGE improvement over the 8330,
    When the company starts looking for a new blackberry model for corporate use, the 9650 could be the cat's a$$ at the time, and to all my coworkers it would be a HUGE upgrade, to me, it would be sweet, but not a major change from my 9630, that being said, I may find a 9650 in my pocket replacing my 9630 if anything should happen to my 9630
    04-27-10 10:48 AM
    Wow! A whole 512MB's of memory! RIM is on Palm's path, and closing the gap fast. I really hope 6.0 can deliver....
    04-27-10 10:51 AM
    Wow! A whole 512MB's of memory! RIM is on Palm's path, and closing the gap fast. I really hope 6.0 can deliver....
    I have to wonder, deliver what? A buggy WebOS? I hope that isn't the case. Stability is far more valuable than eye candy.
    04-27-10 10:58 AM
    A decent browser that can render pages correctly, an SDK that devs actually want to use(Skyfire anyone?), a user interface that isn't 10,000 menus, on-board memory that rivals what EVERY other smartphone maker is giving us. I could go on....
    04-27-10 11:13 AM
    BB curve > iphone.

Sorry but its a fact.

Keep thinking that.
    04-27-10 11:14 AM
    Wow, I didn't see the whole iPhone vs. BB thing coming up, caught me totally by surprise!
    04-27-10 11:46 AM
    This thread is about RIM's obvious affinity of making 10 new devices with the same old OS. You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig....
    04-27-10 12:01 PM
    This thread is about RIM's obvious affinity of making 10 new devices with the same old OS. You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig....
    And that's a fair comparison against the iPhone how? Considering they have one model and are so new to the game you can't make a direct comparison in that regard.

Unless you want to point out that Apple uses the same old OS on every model of it's phones. Sounds familiar somehow.
    04-27-10 12:02 PM
    Funny, the op is no where to be found after everyone flamed him lol.
    04-27-10 12:17 PM
    The Apple OS is leaps and bounds ahead, every one is trying to emulate it. Apple has one device that has set the stage for candybar touchscreens, with an OS that sets the bar by which others are measured. Hardly old.
    04-27-10 12:45 PM
    The Apple OS is leaps and bounds ahead, every one is trying to emulate it. Apple has one device that has set the stage for candybar touchscreens, with an OS that sets the bar by which others are measured. Hardly old.
    The difference in age shows the good and bad of both. How many worms and trojans exist for the BB OS? None. How many for the iPhone and now the iPad? A few and growing.

Being that these phones are meant to be the final word in mobile security I think RIM is playing it safe and going with what works in the corporate and government world which is their bread and butter.
    04-27-10 12:47 PM
    I can agree with that. And if OS6 really delivers the experience it seems to promise I can see owning a BB again.
    04-27-10 01:12 PM
    The Apple OS is leaps and bounds ahead, every one is trying to emulate it.
    And at the same time, many of the most talked about additions in their OS upgrades were to add things the BBOS has had for a long time. So who's trying to emulate who?

Almost all products have incremental upgrades and small changes as time goes on. When there's something that makes a radical change, it usually becomes a new product and then falls into the same pattern.
    04-27-10 01:39 PM
    BB curve > iphone.

Sorry but its a fact.

What does that have to do with sales numbers?
    04-27-10 02:18 PM
    at this point why does rim even release new phones?? they all look the freaking same with the same boring features. all they do is ad a trackpad give a new number and wow the big new device!!!! please rim is gonna fade back into only corporate where i think it belongs smartphones are changing and rim is stuck. keep up the bad work rim soon to be palm.
    Sit with me, will you?

I have a Yamaha V-Star 650. It was made in 2000. Works great, though I stripped a few gears in the pumpkin (the thing in the rear tire) but you know? I took the pumpkin off a V-Star 650 made in 2010, and guess what, it works!

Snort, my 1990 Venture Royale has a engine that is the exact same one (different look though) as the one in the current Ventures.

As for RIM ending up like PALM, thats, unlikely. For every person who hates where things are going theirs one or two that like it

Personally, I like my Bold, getting a 9700 this year, like the one my dad has. Why not? Will I go Android? Unlikely. Will I go iPhone? Really unlikely. They both have *gasp* more apps, but you know, if I ended up getting more than 7 apps for my phone, I will have to shoot myself. If a iPhone user really has to buy so many apps, then he/she is a poor sad person who can't figure out how to use a DS, or a PSP. (THat is if they buy into the Apple Game thing)
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 04-27-10 at 02:26 PM.
    04-27-10 02:23 PM
    Hahaha. Wow.

So I guess BlackBerry's emulating iPhone with the addition of folders, multitasking, unified inbox, changeable background, enterprise support features, etc... Oh wait.

Seriously, the iPhone emulates other phones as much as other phones emulate it.
    04-27-10 02:36 PM
    In 2004 my company began issuing Blackberries for employees.

This is what they were issued. That was only 6 years ago. Seriously. I'm not sure if it was a network or IT policy, but these things didn't even do SMS/MMS, nor did they have a camera or any similar capability and the screen resolution was complete crap by today's standards. It had an extend-able antenna! If you go back even 2 or 3 years the differences in features and capabilities are quite significant.

Yeah, if you go back just one cycle it will seem like the device advancements are minor...until you really look at what's going on. Faster processors and increased memory allow so much more from a software standpoint as well -- it's not just what it looks like on the outside.
    04-27-10 02:47 PM
    Hahaha. Wow.

So I guess BlackBerry's emulating iPhone with the addition of folders, multitasking, unified inbox, changeable background, enterprise support features, etc... Oh wait.

Seriously, the iPhone emulates other phones as much as other phones emulate it.
    Don't forget cut and paste
    04-27-10 03:08 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD