at this point why does rim even release new phones?? they all look the freaking same with the same boring features. all they do is ad a trackpad give a new number and wow the big new device!!!! please rim is gonna fade back into only corporate where i think it belongs smartphones are changing and rim is stuck. keep up the bad work rim soon to be palm.
    04-26-10 02:31 PM
    Oh like Apple is any different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 02:53 PM
    Food for thought.

Have you bought a car recently? Maybe a new PC?

Go take a look at the difference between last year's car and this year's, pick your maker. What has really been done to it? A couple features added, some things improved, and it's now the (insert make and model here) 2010 edition.

And yet it's new and improved, and much preferred over last year's model. And people will buy it, because of those improvements.

Nothing different than what you are ranting about here.
    04-26-10 03:00 PM
    I don't know what else I need a SmartPhone to do, but RIM better hurry up and make it do it...
    04-26-10 03:03 PM
    Prime example: take a look at Apple's Mac mini from March 2009 and October 2009. 'Big' update? Merely a refresh, but people still buy them. *Fingers crossed I'm getting my mini tomorrow*
    04-26-10 03:05 PM
    I never understand why people rant about RIM not coming out with anything new or different. What they have works for them.

The closest thing to different they did was the Pearl Flip, and how did that do? (Granted it works for some. I had one for awhile.) But overall, it flopped.

So why come out with "different"?
    04-26-10 03:07 PM
    at this point why does rim even release new phones?? they all look the freaking same with the same boring features. all they do is ad a trackpad give a new number and wow the big new device!!!! please rim is gonna fade back into only corporate where i think it belongs smartphones are changing and rim is stuck. keep up the bad work rim soon to be palm.
    ... go get another phone that has the non same old boring features and looks different from the last one like say Iphone... or the Iphone 3G... or the Iphone 3GS.. they all look way different from the previous model and have absolutely brand new features the previous ones did not.

Duh!!!!!!
    04-26-10 03:13 PM
    Good Grief. I am always amazed by the ranting on the devices and RIM on this forum. Look back at the devices RIM had out 5 years ago. You will see a big change compared to what is available today. What more do you want your smartphone to do? Just curious...
    04-26-10 03:13 PM
    Good Grief. I am always amazed by the ranting on the devices and RIM on this forum. Look back at the devices RIM had out 5 years ago. You will see a big change compared to what is available today. What more do you want your smartphone to do? Just curious...
    They want it to substitute for their computer. Which is silly since it's a PHONE. (Although I know there are some crackberrians on here who don't have a traditional computer. I'm always impressed with that! Haha. Don't know how I'd survive off just my berry.)
    04-26-10 03:19 PM
    +1. If Im not mistaken we all have the choice to buy whatever phone we want. Why buy a phone and bash it? Here's a novel idea-if you dont like a particular device, dont buy it. If it doesnt meet all your needs and expectations, dont buy it. Get a droid or an iPhone, I'll stick with this 9700.
    04-26-10 03:23 PM
    Seriously. Your money, your choice. No one forces you into it. If you got a BlackBerry from your employer, get another job if it bugs you that much. If you can't bring food on the table anymore because of that, blame yourself, not RIM.
    04-26-10 03:23 PM
    If you want a big change then that's what competition is all about. The iPhone, BB, Android; all bring different things to the table. If you are bored then maybe it is time for a change, nothing wrong with that. That's why I have both an iPhone and BB.
    04-26-10 05:11 PM
    I don't know about you but for me.. "the same old boring features" now includes 512 MB memory and an updated camera! I have waited two years for a berry with these features. Try being happy for the 89 million (or more) of us who have had a Curve 8330 for 2+ years and needs a change!
    Geez...people are so negative.

PS I have no idea how many of us actually have Curves. I made up the number 89 million for effect...lol
    04-26-10 05:23 PM
    I don't know what else I need a SmartPhone to do, but RIM better hurry up and make it do it...

Quote of the Day.. in fact I am stealing it
    04-26-10 05:30 PM
    Damn yo.. admin editing my post cos i told he original poster to smash his phone since he hates it so much. Wish ya'll would edit his post too cos i was offended by it.
    04-26-10 05:42 PM
    Quote of the Day.. in fact I am stealing it
    LOL, I'm flattered...
    04-26-10 05:45 PM
    +1. If Im not mistaken we all have the choice to buy whatever phone we want. Why buy a phone and bash it? Here's a novel idea-if you dont like a particular device, dont buy it. If it doesnt meet all your needs and expectations, dont buy it. Get a droid or an iPhone, I'll stick with this 9700.
    couldn't have said it better myself
    04-26-10 05:47 PM
    Oh like Apple is any different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They're not; but they don't pretend to be, on the other hand RIM does.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-26-10 08:31 PM
    ===== QUOTE ldeighme ====

===== /QUOTE ====

They want it to substitute for their computer. Which is silly since it's a PHONE. (Although I know there are some crackberrians on here who don't have a traditional computer. I'm always impressed with that! Haha. Don't know how I'd survive off just my berry.)
    I don't know. Windows Mobile devices can substitute a laptop in many situations. Even full Outlook support; which is a pipe dream for RIM while BES is king.

04-26-10 08:34 PM
    Food for thought.

Have you bought a car recently? Maybe a new PC?

Go take a look at the difference between last year's car and this year's, pick your maker. What has really been done to it? A couple features added, some things improved, and it's now the (insert make and model here) 2010 edition.

And yet it's new and improved, and much preferred over last year's model. And people will buy it, because of those improvements.

Nothing different than what you are ranting about here.
    touche.!
    04-26-10 08:35 PM
    And thats why the Curve selling # blow out the iPhone one quarter after quarter... With it old and outdated features...

Hey take this advice: go away and buy a iPhone or whatever other device and bash this one.

Duh!
    04-26-10 08:52 PM
    iPhone 3G and 3GS: So differents one from the other
    04-26-10 08:53 PM
    Define 'different'.

*Looks at Apple* Wow! the 3 phones released thus far are so... different!
    04-26-10 09:05 PM
    And thats why the Curve selling # blow out the iPhone one quarter after quarter... With it old and outdated features...

Hey take this advice: go away and buy a iPhone or whatever other device and bash this one.

Duh!
    I feel as though the BlackBerry sold more than the iPhone because the BlackBerry smartphone is offered on every major carrier. The iPhone is exclusive to AT&T. The iPhone is also all touch screen. At the time when I was looking at smart phones, if the iPhone was on Verizon I probably would have gotten one. I did not want to switch carriers. I also get good service with Verizon. I've had good service from my BlackBerry, but I didn't have too many choices at the time with Verizon 2 years ago. I didn't care for the Palm, and the Windows mobile phones were getting negative reviews at the time. So I ended up getting the BlackBerry.
    My Curve takes horrible pictures. I thought I had a defected unit when I first purchased it, until I saw that someone else's Curve yielded the same results.
    The camera has always been slow to load, viewing pictures is slow and painful, YouTube videos are the size of a postage stamp, slow browser, memory leaks, see the hour glass more than I should, and having to do battery pulls.
    I've yet to find anything that was worth getting over this 2 year span, until lately. The new Bold 9650 looks impressive, as well as the Android phones. If the new BlackBerry does not have those issues that I previously mentioned, then I will probably get it. If not, I'm not going to go through another 2 years of just settling when now we have good options out there.
    Last edited by cdf3; 04-26-10 at 09:31 PM.
    04-26-10 09:22 PM
    They're not; but they don't pretend to be, on the other hand RIM does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't for the longest time Apple had the slogan "Think Different?"
    04-26-10 09:31 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD