This is a warning to anyone who owns a pitbull. Never leave your dog unattended with children. What happened to me is devastating.

I went to run some errands and left my female pit Lucy at home with the boys. It was 90F+ outside and I didn't want the dog to overheat in the backyard.

I should have never done this, because, to my horror, when I came back I discovered this:

The kids explained being bored and the dog being willing. But, as you can see, she doesn't look too happy. Not at all. Oh, and this is not just a marker, they did it with a SHARPIE. And the photo was taken AFTER I tried to wipe it off.

Even our little dog Stewie is laughing at her:

Do your dog a favor and don't leave her/him with the immature pre-teens. Your dog doesn't deserve to look like a ******** version of a Maui Warrior.

This concludes the PSA. Thank you!
    Last edited by pixel8rberry; 06-03-11 at 01:22 PM.
    highjakker and anon1937793 like this.
    06-03-11 01:15 PM
    I think you need to hide the sharpies from those pre-teens to avoid this ever happening again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 04:44 AM
    At least it wasn't on the walls, or a brand new suit
    My kid is about to start walking - I'm in the process of moving everything at least 3 feet off the ground.
    06-05-11 12:35 AM
    I thought this was going to be a gore thread before this topic opened up.

I have a blue nosed pit that my family rescued, and she's very friendly...

I'm glad to see it wasn't, I find most pitts to be nice little creatures, unless taught/bred to be otherwise.
    06-10-11 10:36 AM
    I think you need to hide the sharpies from those pre-teens to avoid this ever happening again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I thought they've got it out of their system around Pre-K I guess the markeres are going on a lockdown again..

At least it wasn't on the walls, or a brand new suit
    My kid is about to start walking - I'm in the process of moving everything at least 3 feet off the ground.
    When my kids were small, I actually covered their room's walls with poster paper, gave them crayons and said: Canvas only! They turned the walls into graffiti gallery, but all the other walls in the house were untouched. Also, I hope you don't have carpet in the child's room.

I have a blue nosed pit that my family rescued, and she's very friendly...

I'm glad to see it wasn't, I find most pitts to be nice little creatures, unless taught/bred to be otherwise.
    But the pictures ARE graphic And the experience was horrific for Lucy. Ok, maybe not that dramatic, but still. Pits are considered to be nanny dogs due to their calm demeanor and high tolerance. But of course, humans can turn any creature into psychotic maniac. Lucy, for the most part, is a "floor potato". She follows me around the house and lays by my feet wherever I park myself.

I have another pit/american bulldog mix, Kaiser. He is a goofy, love everybody, high energy kind. Loves to spend the day lounging in the backyard, chasing squirrels and "talking" to the neighbor's Rottweiler "Poof". Kaiser thinks he is a human, he sits like a human and sleeps like humans (not curled up like a dog, but flat out on his tummy or his side).

Lucy was dumped in South Atlanta's neighborhood, and we adopted her from the kind person that found her. Kaiser was also adopted, he was a sick 3 months old puppy that was on euth-list due to his illness. Stewie came to us from a shelter 2 months ago.
    Last edited by pixel8rberry; 06-10-11 at 11:10 AM.
    06-10-11 11:03 AM
    This is Kaiser

06-10-11 11:15 AM
    Did some congressman Twit that pic to you?

(btw... Kaiser looks about like me after 5 minutes in the recliner, tho I usually have at least shorts on)
    06-10-11 11:26 AM
    Did some congressman Twit that pic to you?

(btw... Kaiser looks about like me after 5 minutes in the recliner, tho I usually have at least shorts on)
    Hehe, the scandalous congressman Kaiser!
    06-10-11 11:30 AM
    im going to have to let PETA know about this one!!! lol
    06-10-11 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD