Scary, yet funny story. Last night on the plane ride home, I fell asleep while playing music on the bb. Woke up when we hit the tarmac. Realized my berry was nowhere in sight and the guy next to me said they announced they found a bb up by the front cockpit door on the floor. I was in row 32. Somehow it made it all the way to the front of the plane. I have no idea how long it was there, but it was locked when I claimed it. Here's the most amazing part - not a single scratch on the thing. Good thing, cause it's only 6 days old.
    06-11-10 11:56 AM
    And here I thought you were going to talk about a burning battery or poached eggs. Good thing you got it back!
    06-11-10 11:58 AM
    Good brakes. American Airlines with their regular Carrier Deck Landing?
    06-11-10 12:17 PM
    That's a crazy story! But just outta curiosity... were you listening through the speaker or headphones?
    06-11-10 12:21 PM
    Good brakes. American Airlines with their regular Carrier Deck Landing?
    I was on an American flight last fall that was delayed five hours because they could not get the brakes working. They finally decided to disconnect the stuck brake and take off anyway, figuring that seven out of eight brakes was enough. We did *not* have a carrier deck landing.
    06-11-10 12:28 PM
    ! But just outta curiosity... were you listening through the speaker or headphones?
    You would have to be a total ***** to listen over the speaker on a plane, unless of coarse it was YOUR plane.
    06-11-10 12:51 PM
    You would have to be a total ***** to listen over the speaker on a plane, unless of coarse it was YOUR plane.
    I agree. Thats why I asked though, to confirm. It woud be pretty amazing if the they became detached from the headphones or detached from his ears.
    06-11-10 01:29 PM
    Headphones, and that's another thing that didn't make sense. It must have fallen at just the right angle for the plug to come right out nice and easy. It's like the stars were all aligned to protect my BB from harm.
    06-11-10 02:05 PM
    I'm not buying it. The plugs on BBs are pretty tight for headphones. No way that thing just fell and slid 32 rows to the front. Someone must have swiped it, realized it was locked and couldn't do anything with it and tossed it. The amazing thing is that the music didn't continue to play. That being said, was the Media Player still the active app or running in the background sitting at the end of the album or playlist you were playing? If not, then someone definitely messed with it.... or you sleepwalk and don't know it.
    06-11-10 06:04 PM
    The playlist was over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 06:15 PM
    There oughta be a "Tall Tales" section on CB
    06-11-10 06:18 PM
    IVE BEEN ON A PLANE BEFORE TOO!

true story!
    06-11-10 07:05 PM
    My wife thinks the guy next to me was pulling a prank in return for me having jimmy legs the whole flight. When I doze off, then wake up, and keep repeating, I get bad jimmy legs. He was probably pissed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 07:34 PM
    check to see if that hot flight attendant added her number to your list!
    06-14-10 09:34 AM
    Maybe the BB was trying to highjack the plane but couldn't get into the cockpit.
    06-14-10 11:06 AM
    Ever see Snakes on a Plane? This is just a marketing ploy for RIM. Next thing you know Samuel L Jackson is gonna be involved.
    06-14-10 11:41 AM
    Too many Got Damn Blackberries on this Got Damn PLANE!
    06-14-10 11:51 AM
    Language PK, LANGUAGE!
    06-14-10 12:00 PM
    Maybe the BB was trying to highjack the plane but couldn't get into the cockpit.
    I did have my mind-control app installed, but it doesn't work through cockpit doors.
    06-14-10 01:04 PM
    I was up front one flight and saw a BB go sliding down the aisle on landing… hilarious.

“Would the person who lost a Blackberry please ring your call button”
    06-14-10 09:37 PM
    Scary, yet funny story. Last night on the plane ride home, I fell asleep while playing music on the bb. Woke up when we hit the tarmac. Realized my berry was nowhere in sight and the guy next to me said they announced they found a bb up by the front cockpit door on the floor. I was in row 32. Somehow it made it all the way to the front of the plane. I have no idea how long it was there, but it was locked when I claimed it. Here's the most amazing part - not a single scratch on the thing. Good thing, cause it's only 6 days old.
    Omg I soooo wouldn't freaked out if I woke up n didn't have my phone. Amazing story NO scratch? My god that's insane. If I put my phone down for 5 mins and I realize I don't have it in my hands I start FREAKIN out. U were very lucky buddy!
    06-17-10 12:07 PM
    lol, that's random. i once lost my phone at a party. someone bumped into me and it fell out of my hand. once it hit the ground, it slid across the dance floor. i actually grabbed a flashlight from security and got down on my hands and knees to search between peoples' feet. in the end i didn't find it. but someone called the last person in my call log to say they found it and never followed up to return it. one of the worst days of my life. i only had it for two weeks...
    06-17-10 01:23 PM
    Back in '05 I got my first Razr. I got drunk at a college party, dropped my phone and simultaneously kicked it by accident.

It slid across the carpeting and right under the crack of another dorm room.

Turned out that person was away for the weekend so I had to go phoneless until they came back on monday.

Horrible Horrible Horrible night.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 06-17-10 at 01:42 PM.
    06-17-10 01:38 PM
    niece just forgot her phone in a cab. they dropped it off at our door!

fortunately it was a car company (rather than a yellow cab) or methinks it would have been gone.
    06-17-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD