Barnes & Nobles takes online orders then they drop your order after 24 hours without a notification.

Anyone else order from this place and have their orders canceled after they are already processed?

Wonder if Barnes & Nobles is taking orders on merchandise they don''t have just to get your credit card info on file, in my opinion this could be.
    08-22-11 09:51 PM
    I've order from B&N many times and have never had a problem with them.
    08-23-11 09:53 AM
    i'm assuming you are referring to an order for the HP tablet? Everybody is saying that happened on twitter. You'd have to call them to find out because nobody has an answer yet.
    08-23-11 11:49 AM
    I've never had the problem you describe. Then again I've never shopped at Barnes and Nobles; I usually stick with Barnes & Noble.

But seriously, no major retailer is going to pull something like that just to get your credit card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 10:04 PM
    Find me one place selling the Touchpad that hasn't cancelled an order lately.
    This is what happens when a tablet drops under $100.
    08-24-11 09:38 PM
  6. T
    Probably not to get the credit card info, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's doing that to make numbers in the sales column look better at the end of each day. It makes no difference if credits are issued; it looks good in the moment. Also, with some of these financial antics that are taking place these days, you could be giving companies loans all over the place. They're always so quick to take the money from you (instantly) but slower to issue credits.

Last edited by Tnis; 08-27-11 at 11:54 AM.
    08-27-11 11:52 AM
    Hey at least they didn't try to rip you off by charging you $1200. Yes, you read that right. See below for an ad that came in the mail today

08-31-11 08:47 PM
    Holy moly. I haven't heard of that happening in canadian stores. Most likely they sell it off in store and not online to avoid that issue. I wouldn't buy it online.

08-31-11 11:34 PM