If you haven't kept up- Google & Verizon are apparantly trying to control the net. They want to control what you see and how you access it. There are alot of articles and stories discussing the matter. I posted one link below to start you off.

Reactions To Google, Verizon Proposal For 'Open Internet'

There are also many people trying to stop them.

Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota is one of the few fighting to protect net neutrality. Al Franken - U.S. Senator, Minnesota
    08-10-10 10:05 AM
    Idiots. Not trying to control what we see and how we see it. Those people need to learn how to read rofl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 02:29 PM
    Thanks ghost. I've been following this pretty closely. Google is turning out to be an evil company.

08-11-10 02:34 PM
    Annalee Newitz over at iO9 wrote a really nice, clear article on the subject great for people who are just being made aware of the Net Neutrality problem.

Here is a quote included in article from Columbia Law professor Tim Wu-

"Just consider the power and public role of firms like Verizon or Google (especially if they work together). Sitting atop the web, they can influence what firms succeed or fail — by making sites load faster or slower, or end up on page 10 of search results. It goes further — in subtle ways, the information carriers have the power to influence elections and even censor speech they don't like."

Here's the whole article- Be sure to share-HOW THE GOOGLE-VERIZON PROPOSAL COULD KILL THE INTERNET IN 5 YEARS
    08-12-10 10:31 AM
    Yeah this is all really embarrassing I think for both companies. I am all for a dedicated bandwidth for medical or emergency but not to control what i view or see.
    08-17-10 03:43 PM

the FCC will not allow it.

08-17-10 03:46 PM
    The Government already controls what you view and how you view it.
    08-23-10 11:46 AM