Eeek.
    I just got offerd a new job today.
    the work place im at right now is too much drama and stress, kinda like being in highschool all over again.
    the new job will be at another company makeing $2/hour more.
    so im REALLY excited.
    really nervous too though because we're already short workers for the summer theyre gonna be REALLY upset with me when i give notice tomorow. i feel bad leaving them hanging liket hat but i really do just need outa there!
    07-02-08 07:21 PM
    congrats!! that is very exciting!!

but remember that you have to do what makes you happy and what is good for you! reducing your stress level is super important and then making more money is awesome!!

i do agree that it is very hard to leave a job but they will understand! and if not, then you will never know cause you'll be making more money to think about it!! hehe!!

CONGRATS again though!!
    07-02-08 07:30 PM
    Remember, your employer does not care about you AT ALL.......don't kid yourself.....you are simply a tool for them to achieve their financial goals.....so by all means - TAKE THE NEW JOB - put on a big smile and tear it up......

Great Job!
    07-02-08 07:35 PM
    hehe thankyou!!!! im sooo excited.

Yeah theyll understand.t.heyll be upset but i think more then half the workers want to leave anyways. (and we're a small company ..about 8 of us?)
    I work in childcare..so itll be hard to say goodbye to the kids but im but yeah your right its defently..its defently gonna be positive step. cause staying where your stressed to the max everyday isnt worth it!
    07-02-08 07:37 PM
    hope its not in typing!
    just giving you crap the worst thing in the world is dreading going to work every day
    good luck
    07-02-08 07:41 PM
    HAHAHHA SORRY!!!
    yeah its not typing!
    i am a fast/BAD typer..ill try to be more careful!
    07-02-08 07:42 PM
    Eeek.
    I just got offerd a new job today.
    the work place im at right now is too much drama and stress, kinda like being in highschool all over again.
    the new job will be at another company makeing $2/hour more.
    so im REALLY excited.
    really nervous too though because we're already short workers for the summer theyre gonna be REALLY upset with me when i give notice tomorow. i feel bad leaving them hanging liket hat but i really do just need outa there!
    Doing what is best for you ALWAYS outranks feeling bad about "leaving them hanging". Believe me, life for them will go on, with or without you.

I understand the feeling, though. I recently went back part-time to my old company to help out for that very reason. The stress-level changed my mind and tomorrow is my last day with them. They were operating at that level before me, and they will continue to operate without me. I, on the other hand, need peace and to grow.

Congratulations on your new job and I wish you the very best of luck!
    07-02-08 09:19 PM
    Congrats on being offered a new job, got to be really good at what you do to get a better one..........and again congrats.
    07-02-08 09:20 PM
    I gave my notice yesterday...and was quite excited about it. it felt good.
    lastnight i had horrible nightmares about the center and the way they were treating me. and i ended up walking out in the nightmare.

but today the acting supervisor was giving me a hard time, everyone was tryign to get her to understand our (mine and coworkers) view of the situation and she was adiment that it was going to go her way.
    resulting in my breaking down in tears infront of one of the daycare parents.

I was pretty emotional the rest of the mroning. and I made a descision that i didnt need to put up with this.. I said today would be my last day..i wouldnt be in on monday.
    I stayed till the end of my shift. I feel bad for the coworkers who are gonna be left scrambeling as i had feard 2 weeks wasnt enough time to find someone but now they have a weekend.
    i feel bad for the children and parents who i wasnt able to connect with ..and wonder what the story will be as to my departure (because i wasnt even able to tell them i had given my notice..i was gonna do that monday)
    was not the way i wanted to head out..ive never left a job on bad terms. but i felt i deserved better.
    and the new center said they could use me starting next week anyways.

still very tough day
    07-04-08 06:39 PM
    Sorry to hear that....
    07-04-08 09:22 PM
    [QUOTE=crayola_sky;458355]I gave my notice yesterday...and was quite excited about it. it felt good.
    lastnight i had horrible nightmares about the center and the way they were treating me. and i ended up walking out in the nightmare.

but today the acting supervisor was giving me a hard time, everyone was tryign to get her to understand our (mine and coworkers) view of the situation and she was adiment that it was going to go her way.
    resulting in my breaking down in tears infront of one of the daycare parents.

I was pretty emotional the rest of the mroning. and I made a descision that i didnt need to put up with this.. I said today would be my last day..i wouldnt be in on monday.
    I stayed till the end of my shift. I feel bad for the coworkers who are gonna be left scrambeling as i had feard 2 weeks wasnt enough time to find someone but now they have a weekend.
    i feel bad for the children and parents who i wasnt able to connect with ..and wonder what the story will be as to my departure (because i wasnt even able to tell them i had given my notice..i was gonna do that monday)
    was not the way i wanted to head out..ive never left a job on bad terms. but i felt i deserved better.
    and the new center said they could use me starting next week anyways.

still very tough day

you did the right thing - your next stop will make you feel more appreciated and with a fatter wallet.........good luck
    07-04-08 09:28 PM
    You should never be concerned with "leaving them hanging" especially if there is a better opportunity for you else where.
    07-04-08 09:53 PM
    thanks, i really needed the support today.

i know i did the right thing..i still belive i was right. I was putting the childrens needs ahead of what the acting supervisor wanted. I will always put thoes babies needs ahead of anything else.
    All the coworkers agreed with me..and said the acting supporvisor was just on a power trip because it was her 3rd day on the job. sighs.

onto bigger and better things!
    and defently glad to be done.
    07-04-08 11:00 PM
    As long as you always do the right thing and you can sleep at night that's all that matters!
    07-04-08 11:07 PM
    Yep, you can always go back to them and shake your bigger paycheck at them and laugh........
    07-05-08 12:44 AM
    I'm planing on leaving my company... But I do plan on letting them know whats up ahead of time. I want to be on good terms and use them as a reference. It's more of a respect thing to me. I just recently got my raise, and right after that I asked for more money. They did give me more, but it wasn't enough for me. It's not that I'm greedy, but I know I am worth more to them then what they're offering me. That's why they didn't hesitate to give me more right after my raise. I stuck it out for a bit just to see if they would bull sh*t me or not.

We'll see what they will do after I let them know what's up. I'll probably opt to be a on call consultant, then rather let it be my full-time gig.

But everyone is right, you do what you need to do for yourself. It's not that the people don't care for you, it's the company as a whole who wants to pinch every penny they can.
    07-06-08 02:51 PM
    yeah i defently woulda rather left on good terms..had the refrence..ive NEVER left on bad terms before..and its a weird feeling for sure.

I hope yours goes alot better then mine did! im sure it will. But good luck to you!! Do you have anothe offer?
    07-06-08 03:12 PM
    yeah i defently woulda rather left on good terms..had the refrence..ive NEVER left on bad terms before..and its a weird feeling for sure.

I hope yours goes alot better then mine did! im sure it will. But good luck to you!! Do you have anothe offer?
    I'm still kind of playing the field... It all depends, I was more willing to stick it out because there is a good chance I take take a position at the corp. office back in Cali in the bay area (where I'm originally from). As of right now I'm in Arizona and life is good, but I need more, so moving back to the bay is a good move if I think long term. I don't want to leave, but if I opt for a on call spot I can still have my leg in the door for a big move, so it all depends.
    07-06-08 03:23 PM
    You gotta look out for # 1
    07-06-08 03:30 PM
    lol grats, more money less drama and stress = better ;]
    07-06-08 03:59 PM
    this makes me wanna find a new job too...
    07-06-08 04:54 PM
    I remember my first job years ago, it was OK but it didn't pay very well. I really stressed about telling my boss I had found a new job that paid better. When I finally got the courage, she saw that I felt bad about it. She said "Never apologize for getting a better job". I've found that She was right.

I've been a supervisor for 15 years and have always understood when someone leaves. It sounds like your leaving was a lesson that the new supervisor had to learn about treating people well.

Life will go on at your old job and they will get along without you. If you stayed out of guilt, think about how much more you would hate it there. The future is all about moving forward. Good luck.

Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 07-06-08 at 05:19 PM.
    07-06-08 05:11 PM
    Remember, your employer does not care about you AT ALL.......don't kid yourself.....you are simply a tool for them to achieve their financial goals.....so by all means - TAKE THE NEW JOB - put on a big smile and tear it up......

Great Job!
    This sums it up. Every good employee has a "loyalty" to the employer, but for the most part, you're just an employee. Give your two weeks notice, leave on good terms, and make that money!
    07-06-08 08:17 PM
    congrats on the new job -- you'll do great
    07-06-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD