Anyone else surrounded by non-caring, inconsiderate neighbors?

I bought my house in July of 07 and I thought I was moving into a nice, QUIET little neighborhood. I thought I was finally going to escape the headaches of apartment life. I was happy.

Fast forward a year and I have come to find that it is almost as bad as living in an apartment, but the fact that I am paying twice as much per month to own the property makes it feel oh so much worse.

Across the street is the couple that thinks they are still living on fraternity row, next to them is the redneck that likes to crank his music in his garage —behind his house— to concert like volumes so he can hear it while he does yard work in the front, on the other side of them is the guy with two kids that run around the street yelling and screaming until 10pm, and finally —as if that wasn't enough—, there is the guy behind me that thinks he is in a rock band and plays his guitar and drums until midnight or so.

If you want to crank your music in your garage on a Saturday afternoon, I honestly don't care. If you decide to have a party on Tuesday and crank out the music until 1am, I care. If you decide that you need to prepare for your latest gig on a Monday until 11pm, I care.

I have tried to reason with these people, and they are just unreasonable. I have given up on that and resorted to just calling the cops, yet they still persist. My neighbors have officially ruined my dream of owning a home, and they have killed the concept of escaping apartment life.

At least in an apartment you are only stuck for 6 months or a year. I own this damned place and I can't even sell for another 2 years unless I want to pay hefty capital gains taxes. Not to mention the ridiculous state of our economy and the housing market, or the nightmare it is to buy a house contingent upon selling one...

Anyone else in this kind of situation? Anyone else care to rant with me?
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-24-08 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo
    06-24-08 07:40 PM
    I hear ya!! Our neighbors across the street and next door have the bass cranked in their cars so all the glass on our mantle moves, they mow their lawns at 9:00 at night, and drive like they can't get from the corner to their driveway quick enough...... Their kids are like screaming banshees roaming the neighborhood fighting all the time... Not even gonna mention the beagles..... LOL My husband gets up at 1:30am for work and I get up at 3:00 for work. Nobody cares anymore...
    06-24-08 07:45 PM
    I can't relate to you at all. I have built a 2300 sq foot home on 55 acres. It's great because we have all the surrounding area to myself.

I'm sorry you have terrible neighbors that only care about themselves and haven't realized they need to grow up.
    06-24-08 07:50 PM
    Aside from the one neighbor that has not quite figured out that mowing the lawn at six friggin AM on a Sunday is a bad idea, all's good where I live.

If I had it as bad as you, I'd probably be in a clock tower with a high powered rifle, pickin' folk off at random.

Why is common courtesy not so common anymore? Sigh.......
    06-24-08 07:55 PM
    If I had it as bad as you, I'd probably be in a clock tower with a high powered rifle, pickin' folk off at random.
    bwahahahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-24-08 07:58 PM
    After reading some of the previous posts, I now feel pretty good about my neighbor.

He has really over-planted his front yard. If I were going to guess at it, I'd say he's got about 5 to 6 times the number of trees, plants, shrubs, and flowers the yard can support without a constant infusion of fertilizer and steady watering.

At least the plants don't make (audible) noise!
    06-24-08 07:59 PM
    I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time with your hood I have to say our hood is quiet layed back; we do get the occassional pounding car but with my husband;father in law;both brothers in law enforcement- things are pretty calm.I might add we all live in the same hood- with in ear shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 08:07 PM
    Aside from the one neighbor that has not quite figured out that mowing the lawn at six friggin AM on a Sunday is a bad idea, all's good where I live.

Why is common courtesy not so common anymore? Sigh.......
    Hahaha.

Tell me about it... I ask myself that question on a daily basis.
    06-24-08 08:29 PM
    good fences make good neighbors
    06-24-08 08:43 PM
    I live next door to a couple of young kids who smoked and drink all night. I think one of thier family memebers owns the house and they let them live there. All they do is party real late, and park in other peoples driveways. Including mine! No to mention that they steal from the surrounding neighbors.
    06-24-08 08:49 PM
    I have a condo, and therefore share a common wall. Let's just say the guy next door gets a lot of action. YUCK!

06-24-08 08:49 PM
    Gees. Is this Dear Abby?

06-24-08 09:16 PM
    I have a condo, and therefore share a common wall. Let's just say the guy next door gets a lot of action. YUCK!
    Girl I know what you mean. When I lived in an apartment I thought the guy who loved next door was named David Moore.

Because thats what the heffa he was dating was always saying.

"More, David, More"
    06-24-08 09:20 PM
    Girl I know what you mean. When I lived in an apartment I thought the guy who loved next door was named David Moore.

"More, David, More"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I live in an "airspace condo" so im in a condo but none of my living quarters is touching my neighbors! So We can be as loud as we want and they dont hear it. I love my neighborhood... i could leave my car started for 30 minutes unattended and come back and itll be there. I can leave my windows down all night and nothing gets stolen!!! perhaps all of you who have problems should have done some more research about the area before you decided to buy? and if you did do research and it didnt work out in your favor, maybe G-- doesnt like you? HAHA
    06-24-08 09:26 PM

"More, David, More"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    06-24-08 09:30 PM
    Not for nothing, but there is only so much research you can really do... I don't think people would appreciate it if you pitch a tent in their yard to see how the neighborhood acts during the course of the day after all.

06-24-08 09:38 PM
    Hehehehe AG... That kills me..

In that case, I think my neighbour's name is pronounced as the sound of a headboard hitting the wall.

06-24-08 09:41 PM
    I feel bad for you all. There is never any noise in my neighborhood, but when there is I am the one usually doing it . But there are occasions where the neighbors have parties, we don't mind in our neighborhood everyone gets along rather well. But when they have parties it happens to be on the nights before I have to wake up early in the morning for something haha
    06-24-08 11:19 PM
    Me and my family live out in the country. I have a real nice neighbor, a wired one and an old HAG! We have lived in our house for 3 years now and it has been nothing but problems with the old hag. She is a peeping tom, watch her property line, and watch your kids kind of lady. Everytime we step outside she opens her door and sees what we are doing. My hubby use to mow the yard (2 arces) and everytime he came close to the property line she would come out and yell at him not touch her property. We use to listen to music while washing our cars and she would call the cops. She is a 75 year old lady and I have always respect your elders but come on. It has even gotten so bad that my dog got loose and onto her property and when I went to get him she in between me and my dog and hit me twice in the shoulder. I grabbed her wrist to make her stop and she fell. Before I can help her up her granddaughter came running out and swung at me. At that point I left the property and got my hubby to get the dog. Now can you believe she called the cops and then went to majestic the next morning and told them I came on her property and just hit her. Didn't mention nothing about the dog or her hitting me. I actually had to file charges on her for hitting me and threatening to kill my dog if I didn't get him off her property. and go to court over it and it all get dropped. It took 4 months to go to court and then was on my daughters birthday. Now she know longer bothers me but she still likes to peep at us. LOL!

06-25-08 10:32 PM
    Before I can help her up her granddaughter came running out and swung at me. At that point I left the property and got my hubby to get the dog. Now can you believe she called the cops and then went to majestic the next morning and told them I came on her property and just hit her. Didn't mention nothing about the dog or her hitting me. I actually had to file charges on her for hitting me and threatening to kill my dog if I didn't get him off her property. and go to court over it and it all get dropped. It took 4 months to go to court and then was on my daughters birthday. Now she know longer bothers me but she still likes to peep at us. LOL!

That is a terrible neighbor.

I don't have any trouble with my Neighbors at all. They all look out for us and one another. If something does not seem right, they will call us to let us know what is going on, or find out if we are home etc.
    everyone is so nice. Before I got my recent neighbor, there was an awesome couple who were so nice. they used to Mow our lawn from time to time. after the wife died, the husband moved away, and we were scared that we might get bad neighbors, but she turned out to be a doll.

The real issue, are the parents who drop their kids off to school. Now that is a headache. We live across from a school. these selfish and inconsiderate parents would ******** park on our grass, or some even had the gall to park in our driveway. This went on for like a year. I had to call the cops, i even contacted the school, in which they had to send out memo's to stop parking on the residence grass and driveways.

These parents told me at one point that where they are parking is county line. I had to let them know, that I dont give a sh*t, I mow the grass, we pay the taxes. so u people messing witht he wrong person. they once called the cops on my Dad because supposedly he was trying to kill them. How is he gonna kill them if he was in his garden with his Cutlass.
    Once the school year ended, and i had to call again to make sure that everything was still enforced.
    06-25-08 10:58 PM
    We have pretty decent neighbors here. It is a nice neighborhood, and a fantastic block to live on. Everyone is friendly, and we have no rowdy kids for the most part. I am sorry about your neighbor situation, and I hope It gets better.

06-25-08 11:51 PM
    my neighbors are pretty chill. except for the kids. next door are a bunch of kids, but they don't cause a ruckus. although they don't know what a GARBAGE CAN is. i go outside and there is trash all over the yard. across the street, well those kids are kind of annoying. they like to play on my yard too. there use to be a house a couple houses down from me, that use to party all the time. they rarely have parties now.
    06-26-08 12:00 AM
    When I first moved into an apartment I didn't mind it too much. Then I noticed the loud neighboors, people coming and going at all hours of the night, and people just not having respect for others. Now I live in a house with one neighboor and its nice. They are quiet and don't cause me any headahces.
    06-26-08 12:12 AM
    well lets see. my first apartment, there was this CREEPY family living next door, and college girls above me. i'm a college girl, but not that kind of college girl.

one night the boy in the family thought it'd be funny to put a fake gun to his grandmother's back and lead her inside. (it was the mother, 2 creepy children and the grandmother, in a 2 bedroom apartment) next thing i know, a cop is knocking on my door, asking if every thing is ok inside, and telling us to stay away from the door and windows... we're flipping ****. we look out the window and the building is surrounded by SWAT team members and there are cops on our front porch holding what looks like machine guns aimed at my neighbor's door. that sucked.

in my new house my bf and i rent, we were taking the dogs out for a walk when i noticed that "Black power whites suck" written in the cement in front of our house.

not to mention i'm pretty sure that i hear a bed squeak from next door, the bass is loud enough from people's cars to shake our house, and people don't understand the concept of paying attention to a NO PARKING sign.
    06-26-08 02:23 PM
    My neighbors kids think its ok to come to my driveway and play basketball on my hoop 11 p.m. at night during the week. I took it down and stuck it in my garage, now they just bounce the ball in front of my house. There's more, but I'm moving so I can care less. To bad the gun laws in NJ are so srtict.

Luigi
    06-26-08 02:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD