so in the battle 2 win my dad over 2 letting me buy a storm(with my own money) and be on his plan I find my self confused. Did i win? I will be allowed 2 buy the blackberry..but I wont be on his plan.. i need some reassurance. its totally worth it rite????????????/
    10-07-08 07:24 PM
    Its worth it if you can afford it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 07:26 PM
    i'll be able 2 afford it. i've just never been responsible for my own bill before and it scares me
    10-07-08 07:39 PM
    Part of growing up and it sounds like you know your personal finances. I never had the technology of today available to me as a student but I am firmly convinced the BB can offer you much.
    10-07-08 07:52 PM
    this is very true. yea im a freshmen in college right now, and i've had a blackberry since christmas freshmen year the 7520 for nextel(best present..EVER). I also had a dell axim. which had a touchscreen. n e wayz. i guess i'll be alright with my bill, I never go out. and all i have 2 pay for is gas and food. and the new blackberry.
    10-07-08 07:58 PM
    this is very true. yea im a freshmen in college right now, and i've had a blackberry since christmas freshmen year the 7520 for nextel(best present..EVER). I also had a dell axim. which had a touchscreen. n e wayz. i guess i'll be alright with my bill, I never go out. and all i have 2 pay for is gas and food. and the new blackberry.
    Go for it and when you get it... try out Student Docket!!
    10-07-08 08:04 PM
    As long as you can afford it- it is worth it! I've been paying my own bill since I was a freshman in college

10-07-08 08:20 PM
    ok. so im @ the vzstore right now. typing this with a lg dare. they said id need a 400$ deposit if i wanted2 start my own account...so ineed2 build credit..suggestions?!!!!!!!???
    10-07-08 08:51 PM
    I'm just gonna assume that you just recently turned 18 and/or have no credit. Unfortunately, you're going to either need to pay the deposit or you're gonna have to build credit first and hope that Verizon approves you at a later time. Obviously though, only the first option is going to get you the Storm at time of release. Sorry.

Or you can ask your dad if he'd be willing to put you on a separate account but still under his name. Tell him you will set it up on AutoPay using a debit card or whatever card you use to pay for things. If you do it that way, his regular account wouldn't be affected in the event of a non-pay on yours. And when you have the credit built up, you can transfer it into your name.
    10-08-08 04:53 AM
    thanx for the advice.. but yea. I'll definatly have 2 build up credit some kinda way. I dont suppose theres any quick ways to build credit? my dads not gonna support my getting a new phone @ ALL. so i cant ask him for anything, all i have is my mom. which will do. I might just hold off until December and pay watever i need to at that time to get it.. I mean its Christmas right??? people give themselves gifts all the time? and pay 670$(400$ for the lack of credit..guessing AROUND 200$ for phone. and 70$ for the minimum plan.) If thats what it takes. I can see myself waiting one more month. credit wise, i cant change much in two months time? can i?
    10-08-08 09:14 AM
    thanx for the advice.. but yea. I'll definatly have 2 build up credit some kinda way. I dont suppose theres any quick ways to build credit? my dads not gonna support my getting a new phone @ ALL. so i cant ask him for anything, all i have is my mom. which will do. I might just hold off until December and pay watever i need to at that time to get it.. I mean its Christmas right??? people give themselves gifts all the time? and pay 670$(400$ for the lack of credit..guessing AROUND 200$ for phone. and 70$ for the minimum plan.) If thats what it takes. I can see myself waiting one more month. credit wise, i cant change much in two months time? can i?
    Yeah, two months is not going to make much of a difference. Ask your mom if she'd be willing to do what I suggested above. And also, apply for one or two starter credit cards (offered through Capital One, Orchard, etc.) that give you a very low credit limit. Use it every once in a while to buy normal things that you would normally pay cash for (gas, meals, etc.). Do NOT max it out. Pay it in full each month (which shouldn't be a problem if you budget correctly because you would have had the money for those items available anyways), and make sure your payment is never late. Over time, your credit will slowly begin to get better and you can move on to better cards and other ways of building credit. Welcome to adulthood
    10-08-08 01:36 PM
    its SO NICE 2 be here in adulthood. yea I was considering asking my mom. which leads me to my next question. If she has bad credit, that will still make a difference. and it'll be lower then 400$? and I have been considering getting a gas card
    10-08-08 06:32 PM
    so in the battle 2 win my dad over 2 letting me buy a storm(with my own money) and be on his plan I find my self confused. Did i win? I will be allowed 2 buy the blackberry..but I wont be on his plan.. i need some reassurance. its totally worth it rite????????????/
    Whoo Hoo! You got your first real bill. Congrats.

And yes it's worth it, it's you who will be making the phone calls and using the internet, checking e-mail and sending SMS's right? Who better to be paying the bill? Just wait until you have to pay rent, utilities and internet all on your own.
    10-09-08 09:30 PM
    hahahah. well hopefully for internet..it'll be 30$ added on 2 my cell bill. but things have taking a nice turn..I was offered a line on AT&T. the service itself im not crazy about. but if i can get my hands on an vodaphone storm, and unlock it. that would be perfect but I'm thinking a verizon phone would be cheaper. at least in the US it would be maybe. thoughts n e one?
    10-10-08 02:07 AM
    Cheaper at Verizon, sure, but locked to Verizon as far as the phone goes. Added to they tend to charge for services that you might not be charged for with other carriers, and crippled bluetooth. But in the end, you are the one paying the bill.
    10-10-08 03:14 AM
    yea. verizon as far as the service goes..would cost me 470$ just 2 start the account up..so thats not an option. but I have access to a part of a family plan on AT&T. So I am curious about the phone itself being cheaper with verizon, or with vodaphone
    10-10-08 09:14 AM
    do you know if it would be cheaper 2 get one from the verizon store. or overseas?
    10-10-08 09:21 AM
    Please do not buy a Storm unless you can afford it. Well, actually, any phone for that matter.

10-10-08 09:37 AM
    i can afford a new blackberry. I just dont want 2 pay for one thats more expensive when theres a cheaper one. I guess no body has an answer? or even a rough idea????????????????????????????????/
    10-10-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD