So, I'm on the hunt for a job. I'm trying to continue to be a nanny.
    On all the sites I'm posting my resume and profile, for parents to search for nannies, they're asking for a picture. So far, I've not posted one, as all the pictures I have are rather less than professional-looking. As in, pink hair, colorful makeup, spiked collars, out of date, etc.
    I had my fiance take some pictures last night. He thought it would show a nurturing side if I posed with my kitten as opposed to alone.
    This is the best we got.
    Unfortunately, the weak photo editor I have won't fix the few stray hairs, nor the cat's demon flash eyes.

So...should I take more, or will this work?
    Would you interview me, or look me over?
    Demon cat eyes: are they horrible for this?

Should I just really go ahead and attempt some new pictures?
    (For anyone familiar with fashion/style/cosmetology, with my face, for a photograph, am I better with my curls, or should I pull my hair back? My hair's thinning due to thyroid issues, so looks a LOT thicker and healthier when down.)

PICTURE:
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ty8/pix017.jpg

Thanks in advance
    04-24-09 11:45 AM
    I think that is a super adorable picture, but since this is for a possible job, it should be just a picture of yourself.
    04-24-09 11:54 AM
    Ex out what seems like the devil's cat (I'm sure it has St. Peter like qualities); and it should be good to go.

It's just that those eyes can have a subconsciously negative affect on the most discerning of people looking for a nanny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:04 PM
    hey SK- i think the pix of you is absolutely adorable, except for miss kittys "demon flash eyes". I would have to say, just a pix of yourself-i know you want to look more nurturing with your cat, but the eyes are glowing too much. And i think just a pix of yourself would be a winner! good luck btw! hope all is going well for you and the fiance also
    04-24-09 12:14 PM

Better? Or should I just take a new picture? Tis a nice day outside...perhaps I can take advantage of that
    04-24-09 12:54 PM
    I really like the idea of pulling your hair back.

I think it would look more professional, and nanny like.

But as it stands right now, your pic should be fine as it is. (The one excluding demon-kitty )
    04-24-09 12:57 PM
    2nd shot looks good too! or like prada sug'd-maybe pulling your hair back- compare the 2 and see which one you like better!
    04-24-09 03:36 PM
    If you want to use the picture and make demon cat into an angel you can always use Picasa 3: Free download from Google. Great, free and easy to use photo editor.

Having said that, hair back and you by yourself is probably going to be your best option to fit your needs.
    04-24-09 03:53 PM
    im sorry but i think you should (x) the cat and just take a pic with you only ....just the cats eyes look weird
    04-24-09 04:32 PM
    I agree with most here and think you should take one with hair up and one with hair down (without the cat) and then decide which you think is more professional.
    04-24-09 04:37 PM
    I would take one without the cat. Also, pm me, i run a side business building professional resumes, i may be able to help if you'd like.
    04-25-09 11:44 AM
    im sorry but i think you should (x) the cat and just take a pic with you only ....just the cats eyes look weird
    hmmm.....have you seen your avartar lately BX??? LOL talk about weird!!! (lol-im jk wit ya! u kno that)
    04-25-09 01:56 PM
    Here SK, and if you send me the file I'll do the same:

04-25-09 11:58 PM
    Trust me, I know parents that just know little their little angel is allergic to dogs, cats and two toed lizards, even before the first trimester, and would be repelled just knowing you owned a cat, let alone walked past one on the street when you were 6 years old. (yup I know a few nut cases with children). Let that come out after the second or third interview.

Unless the ads you are answering ask for Nanny with cat, any pictures you send them should be without the cat. As you don't want to turn off any possible clients with allergies real or imagined.

And take a couple of shots, with your hair pulled back, hair up, and like it is now. Then pick the best of the bunch. Remember you want to appeal to parents, and your picture is going to be their first impression, no matter how good the resume looks, they are going to pretty much decide on the picture until they get you on your turf to grill you.
    04-26-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD