So, I have this collection agency calling my number for about 2 1/2 years now. They are looking for someone that is not me or anyone I have known. At first, I would tell them this and they would take my number off their list. That was good for about 3 months at a time. After about the first year, I would get PO'd and get sarcastic with them. Then I would get mad and yell some nasty stuff at them. About a week ago I got a call from another place looking for the same person as before. It was the first call I got in a while so I told them that I was tired of telling them that they have the wrong number and to take my number off their list. I was told that they just got this case turned over to them and that they have never called me before. Needless to say, that's when I gave in and started making it fun. I get nasty, then I make it raunchy to the point that they hang up.

Anyway, I'm looking for ideas on how else I can have fun with these calls. Anyone got any ideas?

I'll say again to make it clear, I am not the person they are looking for, nor do I know the person they are looking for.

P.S. If anyone knows a person named Stephanie Kindom, please have her call 1-800-587-5714. These people are looking for her.
    10-21-09 11:04 AM
    Tell them she died in a car accident on her way to the post office to mail off those payments.

Then start crying.
    10-21-09 11:14 AM
    Tell them her number changed to 310-495-5412 or 626-207-5412

When they call they will get a recording that tells them the person that gave them the number no longers want to talk to them or see them ever again. Actually quite a funny recording. Suppose to be used for dates when they ask for your number and you don't want to give it out but what the ****.....let's give it to collection agencies too!
    10-21-09 11:20 AM
    Awesome! After I pissed off the lady last night, she flat out said that they're gonna keep calling until I pay the bill.

So, I guess I gotta just make the best of it and have some fun. I googled the number this morning and they sound like bottom dwellers of collection agencies. By the sounds of it, I'm one of a million other people that get calls from this place. They all have similar stories as mine. Google that 800 number if you're bored. It makes for some funny reading. Especially on a slow day at work like today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:31 AM
    Instead of just raunchy, be subtle. Say something like "heyyyyy, what are you wearing" or "you sound sexy" even better if you're the same gender. Try to get dates with them, Lol. On the serious side, I thought FTC rules allowed you to collect money from these people for false calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:35 AM
    I am forced to talk on the phone all day so I can somewhat sympathize with these people cuz they're just doing their job.

But the reason I say that is I know what aggrivates call center employees the most.

So... go buy an airhorn.

When they call you next time, speak very softly on the phone, almost a whisper. This will force them to turn the volume on their phone up all the way (chances are they have a headset that covers both ears)

After a few seconds, (just enough time to make them turn up the volume) lay on the airhorn.

If you do this everytime they call, I bet they'll put a note next to your name on the list and eventually the employees will start to skip you.
    10-21-09 11:52 AM
    You have a mean streak Robo. I like the way you think,
    10-21-09 12:20 PM
    Tell them you will never pay, the only thing that will get you to pay is a lawsuit. Go on about this for about 5 minutes. Tell them to send the lawyers as there is nothing they can ever do to make you pay.

Then let the fun start! Hopefully they'll take you up on that offer. Nothing will happen to you as it isn't you they are after.
    10-21-09 12:46 PM
    I am forced to talk on the phone all day so I can somewhat sympathize with these people cuz they're just doing their job.

But the reason I say that is I know what aggrivates call center employees the most.

So... go buy an airhorn.

When they call you next time, speak very softly on the phone, almost a whisper. This will force them to turn the volume on their phone up all the way (chances are they have a headset that covers both ears)

After a few seconds, (just enough time to make them turn up the volume) lay on the airhorn.

If you do this everytime they call, I bet they'll put a note next to your name on the list and eventually the employees will start to skip you.
    My mother's friend works at a call center too, and this works.

Another way to do it is to make some noises like, uhh... you're really having a good time? *wink*

Do that every time they call and scream their name after a minute or two. Repeat as necessary.
    10-21-09 12:47 PM

So... go buy an airhorn.

Just happen to have one in the boat! Knew I would be able to make good use of it someday. THANKS!
    10-21-09 12:57 PM
    You have a mean streak Robo. I like the way you think,
    I know, I'm evil.

It's partly the fault of my job, I get plenty of ideas to p!ss people off when I'm talking to a moron/j3rk on the phone. But I'll be the first to admit I'm a vengeful person.
    10-21-09 01:02 PM
    I would play the I cant hear, or understand what your are saying game.
    10-21-09 01:03 PM
    I used to fake sex to get ppl off the phone...
    Very effective.
    10-21-09 01:13 PM
    I used to fake sex to get ppl off the phone...
    Very effective.

That takes some serious heart to do. I can just imagine the person at the other end of the phone.
    10-21-09 01:17 PM
    Another good one...

As soon as you pick up the phone and say hello, push a button the keypad and hold it down continuously until they hang up.

Because they will hang up.
    10-21-09 01:24 PM
    When they call just ask them to hold for a min , then either watch some tv or what ever you want (about 20 mins or so ). If they still are on the line ask them to hold while you make a 3-way call with the 411 or the physic network to help them .

My wife and I play a game to see who can keep them on the line the longest . ( Mostly Telemarketer's )
    10-21-09 01:26 PM
    Whatever you do, absolutely DO NOT admit to being the person they're looking for because that could lead to some serious legal action.

Just get creative, make sure and post back to let us know how the next call turns out.

And remember sound is your best friend when on the telephone! (feel like I'm giving a speech at some customer service seminar)
    10-21-09 01:45 PM
    That takes some serious heart to do. I can just imagine the person at the other end of the phone.
    Its fun and also doubles as foreplay
    10-21-09 01:52 PM
    Its fun and also doubles as foreplay

What phone are you using (jk)
    10-21-09 01:58 PM
    I usually just start a random conversation with anyone who constantly plays on my phone...or I'll sing a strong David Ruffin note...I'll talk/sing as long as they stay on the phone...OR u could tell them that this conversation is being recorded and if you are not comfortable speaking over a monitored phone then please hang up, revise your decision, and maybe call back...
    10-21-09 02:15 PM
    Might get you in trouble, but you can say "hang on a second, just putting my kid down..."

Notice there's no "for a nap" bit.

Then lay into a raw roast with a mallet on the floor. Come back after about 20 or 30 good hard swings and ask what they want to talk about.
    10-21-09 04:29 PM
    Might get you in trouble, but you can say "hang on a second, just putting my kid down..."

Notice there's no "for a nap" bit.

Then lay into a raw roast with a mallet on the floor. Come back after about 20 or 30 good hard swings and ask what they want to talk about.
    Haha! You might need to have some kind of kid crying for the first couple whacks going on in the background to make it sound believable.

EDIT: Then you start up the chainsaw...
    10-21-09 04:32 PM
    Haha! You might need to have some kind of kid crying for the first couple whacks going on in the background to make it sound believable.
    Yep, that's true. And a hacksaw and a bone from said roast.
    10-21-09 04:33 PM
    Hey, then halfway through have a friend (female) come into the room screaming. You scream "shut up" and start beating the roast again while she goes quiet.

[edit]

Then follow it up with the simulated sex on the phone. Classic!
    10-21-09 04:34 PM
    Wow, it's perfect Radius! I think you've come up with a way to fend off bill collectors, telemarketers or basically anyone calling that you need to get rid of.

It offends on so many levels.
    10-21-09 04:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD