Need help from my fellow CBER'S my screen is cracked
    I have huge problem my curve have cracked screen I'm crying big time. It's right at the bottom of hte screen it look like check mark it happened this morning then my dog got his foot on the charging wire pulled it and my bb it my night stand and go cracked screen. To make it worse I bout this off Ebay last month I have phone insurance on my att account but I think it will only cover my pearl and not this phone. I want to know what can I do? Can I BUY NEW housing unit and by doing so I will I get new screen then?
    10-18-08 11:03 AM
    Well your options are pretty simple.

You can find a local laptop/pda repair place in your city/town (the yellow pages will help or google for local shops).

Or you can order a Lens if it's just the outter plastic that is broken from any number of Blackberry parts places on the net, and replace it yourself.

And yes the insurance you have is only for the Pearl.
    You can buy a new housing as well as the Lens or in some cases buy it all as a bundle.

The option you decide will be on how much you are willing to spend or do yourself. But do call around to different local electronic/computer/pda repair places and see what they charge for replacing the lens or the housing, so you can judge better in what it's worth to you to do it.

There is also one last option... There may be a friendly CB'er near you that can help you change out the lens. At least you have a spare phone if this one needs to be in the shop for more than a day or so.
    10-18-08 12:19 PM
    Thanks I will have to give that try. Not sure their is place round here where I live that works on pda's since I live in small town not many places to do that so I might have to do it myself.
    10-18-08 05:43 PM
    you mean the lens is cracked? lol if so mine too i'd deff search ebay and replace it right away. my crack is spreading like on a windshield
    10-19-08 07:28 PM
    yeah that what it is. I'm just going to get new housing unit for it
    10-20-08 12:46 AM
    i bought my new housing off ebay for dirt cheap.
    10-20-08 12:48 AM
    sweet I will look on their thanks for the tip
    10-20-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD