*deleted*

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 04-02-13 at 06:42 PM. Reason: never mind
    04-02-13 12:28 AM
    It all depends on how much you're willing to spend on living arrangements. Perhaps some details as to how much you're thinking of budgeting would help a bit.

Also, if you're planning on driving downtown to work every day, be prepared to deal with a ton of traffic every morning and paying outrageous parking fees (if you can find a spot). I suggest taking the subway downtown

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:41 AM
    It all depends on how much you're willing to spend on living arrangements. Perhaps some details as to how much you're thinking of budgeting would help a bit.

Also, if you're planning on driving downtown to work every day, be prepared to deal with a ton of traffic every morning and paying outrageous parking fees (if you can find a spot). I suggest taking the subway downtown

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Even the GO train is cheaper than parking in the financial district. Most of Toronto and surrounding areas are pretty safe in any case.
    04-02-13 09:06 AM
    Well, I'm thinking of around $1200/mo. I was thinking of driving, depending on whether I can secure a monthly parking at my workplace's parkade. But if the expenses are too high, I may just have to take the subway. Coming from a smaller city, Toronto will quite an adjustment.

I was thinking Toronto is safe for the most part but the recent shooting in the mall at York was a bit unnerving. (Edit: I mentioned this because I was actually looking at an apartment in York but I read up that it wasn't a very safe neighborhood.)

Last edited by DuexNoir; 04-02-13 at 06:44 PM. Reason: just to clarify
    04-02-13 01:16 PM
    No where in the world is safe. Even you could get killed at any given notice. Keep that in mind and move on with life.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-02-13 06:21 PM
    No where in the world is safe. Even you could get killed at any given notice. Keep that in mind and move on with life.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    *shakes head* Never mind.
    04-02-13 06:42 PM
    I was thinking Toronto is safe for the most part but the recent shooting in the mall at York was a bit unnerving. (Edit: I mentioned this because I was actually looking at an apartment in York but I read up that it wasn't a very safe neighborhood.)

You learn to figure out what neighborhood is generally safe or not. Your new coworkers can help with that.

As to the silly remark about getting killed at any time, I suppose we could all get crushed by a meteor in the next 10 minutes... It's all a question of likelihood and being aware of one's surroundings.
    04-02-13 07:08 PM