Love my playbook it is and will be my #1 go to but for various reasons I need and want a 10"tablet and would like to tap into some of the brain power of crackberry nation any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    No need to flame if you don't like the question just keep going.
    mud314 likes this.
    08-28-12 12:00 PM
    I'd say look into a Transformer, as far as Android devices go, Transformer are probably the best. If you want a huge app store and lots of after market cases etc, go for an iPad. They are not bad devices, just expensive and of course you have to deal with icons cluttering your desktop all the time. They are solid devices that will not let you down. If you are looking at having built in cellular data, look at AT&T's version as oppose the one for VZ, faster network on AT&T since, it is still using HSPA with VZW you are stuck using CDMA. In addition with AT&T you can turn on/off the service at will without incurring additional fees after six months of no service; VZW charges you a 35 activation fee at initial and then if you go w/o service for 6 months you have to pay that activation fee again.

I don't believe the Transformers have built in cell data, though. I can tell you that the new Samsung Tablet is not getting very good reviews in regards to its display, beyond that I really have not read any bad issues. Of course Android based laptops will be a lot more "you" since you are able to customize them. Not too sure on how the app thing is going for them, it used to be that you couldn't get certain apps on the tablets that you could get on the Android phones, not sure if that has changed.

OS updates, of course with iOS you will get the latest update as soon as it is released as opposed to waiting for the mfr or a rooted port. Also, bear in mind that apple doesn't always provide a full update to their devices, usually leaving some of the better more sought after new gimmicks out for new hardware releases. You don't get that treatment with Android.

Another tablet I may look at, is the Lenovo. Also, bear in mind that Surface tablets are on the horizon, and then you will have Windows 8. You will then need to decide between Windows 8 RT or Pro. With RT you will only be allowed to load certain apps, when with Pro you will be able to load pretty much whatever app you want as they will be more like a "real" os as opposed to just a mobile os: iOS and Android.

Good luck on whatever you decide to go with.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 12:13 PM
    transformer line from Asus like mentioned is good. Ipad obviously. Galaxy tab 10.1 would also be a decent choice.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses I just don't think the ipad is for me and also have read bad reviews on galaxy 10.1. I'm going to look into the Asus transformers and lenovo a little more in depth I will update when I make a decision.
    08-28-12 12:37 PM
    Asus Infinity transformer with dock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 12:44 PM
    Galaxy note 10.1 has had Very good reviews and very bad reviews. I would check one out and decide for myself.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 01:19 PM
    Galaxy note 10.1 has had Very good reviews and very bad reviews. I would check one out and decide for myself.
    I very much agree here and also, the asus tablet is a good device people say.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 01:21 PM
    WINDOWS SURFACE

OR,

New lenovo tablets with Windows 8
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 01:43 PM
    The PlayBook works well for me, but if I was going to go 10" in a tablet, I think I would just go ahead and get one of those "very" slim and light weight laptops. That's just me
    08-28-12 02:00 PM
    What pushes you away from the iPad? Best 10" tablet I have used.
    If you're dead set on NOT getting an iPad, then waiting for MS surface will probably be your next best bet.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-28-12 02:10 PM
    Love my playbook it is and will be my #1 go to but for various reasons I need and want a 10"tablet and would like to tap into some of the brain power of crackberry nation any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    No need to flame if you don't like the question just keep going.
    after careful consideration and a lot of research.
    And the winner is................ Asus transformers t300t.
    Going down to best buy to pick it up probably have about 10 hours of research into this reading user and so called expert reviews youtube videos I've decided on the transformer t300 and I found a neighbor in the building I live in that has the transformer prime and let me get some hands on with it.
    Found it to be a great unit although the prime has a better build quality to it the t300 feels a little less sturdy but not enough to stop me from buying the playbook is of superior build quality and will be the work horse of my tablet pair.
    I want to thank everyone who responded with there suggestions I will update when I get it up and running. Happy labor day to all who are enjoying the long weekend.
    I.E.
    09-02-12 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD