Let your viewpoints begin!!!!
    NBA Sterling banned for life!!...-img_20140429_141753.jpg

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-29-14 01:19 PM
    A fair ruling. Justice has been served.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    04-29-14 01:22 PM
    As far as the team goes he should not sell. Big mess. The best thing for him to do is to sign over ownership to his wife who he is already in hot water with. This move should be the only one that happens. It's only fair. Saves on a lot of legal BS and his family who deserves any assets he has should be entitled to. The sharks who are circling for the opportunity to own the team would disappear quickly.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-29-14 01:30 PM
    He is going to sue, sue, sue. The fine amount is quite substantial. I wasn't expecting more than $1m.
    04-29-14 01:33 PM
    Getting sued for 2.5 is money he can just pull out of his wallet. But it's the most they could sue him for by what they just said.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-29-14 01:37 PM
    As far as the team goes he should not sell. Big mess. The best thing for him to do is to sign over ownership to his wife who he is already in hot water with. This move should be the only one that happens. It's only fair. Saves on a lot of legal BS and his family who deserves any assets he has should be entitled to. The sharks who are circling for the opportunity to own the team would disappear quickly.

If a statement is made right away to go this route it takes pressure off the team so they could go ahead and play their best. Clippers do have a chance to go further in the playoffs.

04-29-14 01:38 PM
    While I don't follow basketball, it's a shame that things of this magnitude still exist at ANY level. There is no excuse for racism in this world. We have enough problems to deal with than to promote hate and prejudice based on color or religion. Especially when the people that he "dislikes" so much are the ones who are putting money in his pockect!

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-29-14 01:42 PM
    Especially when the people that he "dislikes" so much are the ones who are putting money in his pockect!
    And that's the kicker! He's not okay with his "GF" (who herself is half black) posing with them for pictures, but as long as CP3 et al are making him billions, that's a-ok. Talk about a hypocrite...
    eldricho likes this.
    04-29-14 01:56 PM
    I know nothing of basketball... but I did notice that the banning Sterling, was done by the NBA Commissioner, Silver...
    Just a female's perspective..
    Carjackd and TheScionicMan like this.
    04-29-14 03:41 PM
    I know nothing of basketball... but I did notice that the banning Sterling, was done by the NBA Commissioner, Silver...
    LOL!!!!!!....leave it to a woman to come up with this one!!!

Posted via CB10 with z10
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-29-14 03:44 PM
    And who was the one that recorded his comments???....a gold digger....lol

Posted via CB10 with z10
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-29-14 03:45 PM
    LOL!!!!!!....leave it to a woman to come up with this one!!!

Posted via CB10 with z10
    And who was the one that recorded his comments???....a gold digger....lol

Posted via CB10 with z10
    LOL.... Yes she is.. was just watching TV and they were talking about her.
    04-29-14 06:49 PM
    His girlfriend sold that recording to the highest bidder. Good job, she has to make a living some type of way and why not out the man as a racist in the process. Don't hate the player, hate the game lol.

I agree with the league banning him for life. He needs a swift kick in the balls too, but whatever.

Signing the team over to his wife would be awesome, but I sort of want Magic Johnson to buy the team.
    04-30-14 11:47 AM
    His girlfriend sold that recording to the highest bidder. Good job, she has to make a living some type of way and why not out the man as a racist in the process. Don't hate the player, hate the game lol.

I agree with the league banning him for life. He needs a swift kick in the balls too, but whatever.

Signing the team over to his wife would be awesome, but I sort of want Magic Johnson to buy the team.
    Did she really leak it? I mean, I know she made the recordings and therefore should have had access to them, but do we know for sure? And given how litigious this guy is, I would think he would have sued her into the ground by now, if he even thought she's the one who leaked the recordings.

And I think the wife's a piece of work too. First she put out a statement on behalf of the family denouncing what he did, but now they've apparently reconciled and she was defending him, saying that it wasn't his voice or something like that. Must have seen an opening, and took it.
    04-30-14 12:06 PM
    the girlfriend, Stiviano, is of African American & Latin heritage..and was quoted as saying to Sterling, "I'm sorry that you're still racist in your heart." So if she did leak and assuming she recorded it, is it really that surprising ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...magic-johnson/

sent from my BlackBerry 9350! :-]
    04-30-14 04:04 PM
    Did she really leak it? I mean, I know she made the recordings and therefore should have had access to them, but do we know for sure? And given how litigious this guy is, I would think he would have sued her into the ground by now, if he even thought she's the one who leaked the recordings.

And I think the wife's a piece of work too. First she put out a statement on behalf of the family denouncing what he did, but now they've apparently reconciled and she was defending him, saying that it wasn't his voice or something like that. Must have seen an opening, and took it.
    I don't know for sure if she leaked it, but it would make sense that she did. Meh, I was just stirring the pot.

Everyone is throwing in a bid for the team and I'd like to see it sold.

Posted from a BB 10 Device, my weapon of choice
    04-30-14 06:41 PM
    Any buyers here on CB?????

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-30-14 07:27 PM
    Any buyers here on CB?????
    Check with Kevin. He has a penchant for buying stupid $hit.
    04-30-14 08:29 PM
    Team needs to be sold but Sterling has property rights and I have seen that the franchise was valued at $500,000,000. So it may be a while considering all the possible litigation and those two women have to get their share. The lawyers are dancing in the hall.
    04-30-14 10:59 PM
    This whole thing was a setup for him to sell it cheap. Sterling's views are known AND HAVE BEEN KNOWN for quite a long time! His eccentricities are not new to LA people!

Ask yourself: "Who benefits from this?". And it will be a long list. So who benefits most? Perhaps someone wishing to buy a franchise already in place. This whole tempest in a teapot took off like "Magic".

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:18 PM
    While I think Sterling is despicable, he is being played here. I do not share his views but I will fight to my dying breath that he can say WHATEVER he wishes in a private conversation!

Worse has been said by other public figures and given a pass because they are of minority origin.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:21 PM
    While I think Sterling is despicable, he is being played here. I do not share his views but I will fight to my dying breath that he can say WHATEVER he wishes in a private conversation!

Worse has been said by other public figures and given a pass because they are of minority origin.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

But the damage is done!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to fight with your last dying breath for him to say what he wants, he already can. That doesn't mean there are no consequences.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:51 PM

If the team goes to his wife, that's still too close to him. Since Irving "Magic" Johnson has been hurt by this debacle, he should get the team. First black man to get into the owners club. If they deny him, the NBA will never be the same. Thus the beginning of the end of professional sports in the U.S.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.2179
    04-30-14 11:55 PM

Can't sign over to his wife. She's a bigot too. She was in charge of going through the buildings they owned, inspecting them, evicting people, just so they could raise the rent for the new tenants moving in. She's no saint either. It's been known for years that him and his wife acted this way. But money talks. It's a shame.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-30-14 11:55 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD