lets hope lakers will fall 1-3 in the series coming back to LA in two games in the high altitude of denver
    05-22-09 12:17 PM
    Melo is playing another level right now. So I expect this series to go the whole 7 games.

Its about time Melo got some respect in this league.
    05-22-09 12:23 PM
    Lets go magic!!! all they need is one more win, then off to the playoffs!!!
    05-30-09 03:21 PM

Los Angeles Lakers - Western Conference Champs

Orlando Magic - Eastern Conference Champs

Thursday 6/4/09 - Start of the finals

Let's go Los Angeles Lakers!!!!!!!!!
    05-31-09 12:05 AM
    Let's go magic!!! To the finals we go!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:06 AM
    Its Spurs vs Lakers in conference finals
    This made me lawl.

Houston Rockets fan here. Here's to an interesting off season for us.

Will we resign Artest?
    Will we resign Wafer?
    Who will be our backup C now with Deke done?

I'll be missing NBA when the finals are over....
    05-31-09 08:54 PM
    This made me lawl.

Houston Rockets fan here. Here's to an interesting off season for us.

Will we resign Artest?
    Will we resign Wafer?
    Who will be our backup C now with Deke done?

I'll be missing NBA when the finals are over....
    I think Artest will definitely be back. Its quite clear you can't rely on TMac anymore and Yao needs a 2nd player. It wouldn't shock me at all to see TMac gone (either before the season or midseason).

I think Wafer depends on who goes after him. Alot of players including Wafer increased their value this offseason. Chris Birdman Anderson of Denver and Shannon Brown for the Lakers are two more.

Backup centers are a dime a dozen. You may not get another Deke but, you can get someone to come in for 15 mins fairly cheap.
    05-31-09 11:54 PM
    **Smirks and predicts heartbreak**
    Boy were you right about that heartbreak. How about them Cavs?

Oh yeah I'm goin for the Magic in the finals. Get that ring young Superman!
    06-02-09 06:02 PM
    I think Artest will definitely be back. Its quite clear you can't rely on TMac anymore and Yao needs a 2nd player. It wouldn't shock me at all to see TMac gone (either before the season or midseason).

I think Wafer depends on who goes after him. Alot of players including Wafer increased their value this offseason. Chris Birdman Anderson of Denver and Shannon Brown for the Lakers are two more.

Backup centers are a dime a dozen. You may not get another Deke but, you can get someone to come in for 15 mins fairly cheap.

I agree with Artest. He can play some amazing man-to-man defense (a la Cleveland in Houston, where we held Lebron to his first Assist-less game of his NBA career).

My major problem with Artest was his Iso. He seemed to go into this "this is all on me phase" and would dribble for about 17 seconds and throw up a brick. I think he felt the need with Tracy out to take the team on his shoulders. We are an entirely different animal when we move the ball around (see the Lakers series).

As for Wafer, I'm a huge fan. I think he brings the spark we need off the bench at the 2 position. At times, seeing Brooks, Lowry, and Wafer on the floor together created some great transition offense for Houston.

The Center position is my biggest question. I have no clue really. We have no draft picks, but I think Alexander wouldn't mind throwing some bucks out there to buy a pick. ****, we might even trade a few guys away for a pick, but I personally wouldn't like to see us trade any of our core players away right now. I like the foundation that Morey has constructed and would love for him to build off that while creating even more defensive intensity.

Sorry I'm so winded, I had a few drinks tonight and I love my Rockets..

As for Tracy. I feel bad to admit it, but I'm a Tracy fan as well. But in all honesty, we're paying him way to much to be so tender to him. I foresee us getting him in a few games early in the season and trying to free up some cap space by trading him. I miss the, as I call it, "vintage" T-mac to the Rack...
    Last edited by cr0wbar; 06-02-09 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Forgot Tracy!!
    06-02-09 07:50 PM
    It seems like as longer the season went by, Artest became more comfortable in his teammates and the system. He's played under Adelman before in Sacramento so its some familiarity there and you are right, the Rockets were better when they were able to move the ball around.

Problem is, Artest is Artest. Once you get under his skin, he abandons the offense and becomes the same old Artest, trying to prove himself one on one. You can see it in the Lakers series. Once Kobe got going, Artest tried to get going and then the offense became Wafer or Artest, whomever got the ball first unless Aaron Brooks kept the ball away from them.

He's a good defensive guy and I think he played some of his best ball in Houston but, he is a risk. But I don't think he's a bigger risk than Tracy at this point. I don't see dude playing more than 50 games a season.

If I were the Rockets, I'd sign Artest and try to grab Chris Anderson or someone like that as a backup center. Wafer is good but, scoring guards are a dime a dozen. You can find someone to come in and shoot the ball 15 times in 12 minutes anywhere in the NBA.
    06-02-09 09:03 PM
    One more day....then the Black Mamba is gonna defeat Superman in game 1
    06-03-09 04:37 PM
    I agree. Its Kobe's time to shine.
    06-04-09 12:36 AM
    75F02A47 add me plz
    10-23-13 06:17 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD