i dunno... i could go both ways on this one; i hate knowing tigers are endangered because these kinds of people used to be mauled by them 400 years ago, helping clean up the gene pool.

but then again, i also love laughing at their plight. either way, you are doing evolution an injustice by helping the people who post this topic:

"help! i password protected my phone on accident and forgot my password!"
    08-30-08 11:16 AM
    them: "were are my text messages? I can send them but I don't get them"

me: "Whats your file free?"

them: "0"

me: "How long do you keep your messages and email?"

them: "forever! why?"

me: "...................never mind" lol
    08-30-08 09:02 PM
    "i just got my phone a couple of days ago, and..."

i avoid those threads like the plague.
    08-30-08 11:21 PM
    I can't really hate on any of the noobs since they were wise enough to purchase a BB in the first place. I just avoid the topics I don't like or get tired of reading.

I guess the one that got me was," What do you call or should I say, name your phone? 99.9 percent called they're phone...umm a phone or" my cell phone." LMAO.

We were all noobs once and were oh so happy to obtain our addition. Just the initial symptoms are sooooo ugly LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:42 PM
    i just hate it when noobs don't use the search utility!!! lol
    08-30-08 11:47 PM
    So true! How many times has memory, Outlook leaving a copy on server, Gmail sending a copy, etc all been covered yet they still ask like their the only one in the world to ever have that problem.
    08-31-08 12:11 AM
    We were all noobs once and were oh so happy to obtain our addition. Just the initial symptoms are sooooo ugly LOL

I almost posted, Jebbus help me "Help, where's the on button"
    08-31-08 12:16 AM
    Hhheeeellllpppp mmmeeeeeee!!!!!!!
    I've had my blackberry 2 hours and I was upgrading my desktop system operating manager and now I have error 666 and you guys said it was easy can't you see what I'm doing and help me!!!!!!!!!

08-31-08 12:36 AM
    My last post is only for those who try to upgrade before they're ready and then act like it is our responsibility to walk them through it step by step, when there are 10 tutorials on how to do it that people who learn how to use their berries can do without asking the simplest questions.

I don't mind helping anyone, and have helped a bunch of people. But noobs, please do a little research before you upgrade. OK?

08-31-08 12:43 AM
    "Help, where's the on button"
    LOL!!! Almost as bad as "Why is the led light blinking red?" lol
    08-31-08 12:53 AM
    Anything that mentions the word "ADDICTED"

I've actually started making a point to pass on any thread with
    that word.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-31-08 at 03:50 AM.
    08-31-08 03:47 AM
    Oh this will be fun!!

1)� I have no DATA plan. What can I do to
    be sure my Berry doesn't access the
    internet??�
    2)� Do I really need a DATA plan for my
    Berry??�
    3)� I'm not paying $30 bucks for a DATA
    plan, are there any workarounds?�

Here's a few classics!!

4) �How do I stop email from coming to
    my Berry?�
    5)� Do I need a Data plan to be able to
    receive email??�

These questions aren't actually word for word, but are very close to what have been asked here before.

08-31-08 04:52 AM
    You're right AP, I never fails to amaze me the people who buy BlackBerrys and then don't want to pay for services. They do want to use them for free, though. They are the same ones who steal cable and justify it by saying "It's from a big corporation, so who cares." Or the ones who'll pocket that extra $10 from a minimum wage store clerk who will have to put it back in the drawer. In other words, thieves.

08-31-08 12:28 PM
    So true! How many times has memory, Outlook leaving a copy on server, Gmail sending a copy, etc all been covered yet they still ask like their the only one in the world to ever have that problem.
    Bumping old threads tend to not get looked at. And most people don't want to wait for their problems to be answered, so they make a new one. Either way, they're not noobs, they just want a quick fix for their problems.
    08-31-08 01:14 PM
    I can't really hate on any of the noobs since they were wise enough to purchase a BB in the first place.
    it seems most of them buy them nowadays because they saw it in a music video or some hollywood tramp fingering one. it's the hot new device for teens and tweens.

no wisdom about it.
    09-01-08 04:24 AM
    You're right AP, I never fails to amaze me the people who buy BlackBerrys and then don't want to pay for services. They do want to use them for free, though. They are the same ones who steal cable and justify it by saying "It's from a big corporation, so who cares." Or the ones who'll pocket that extra $10 from a minimum wage store clerk who will have to put it back in the drawer. In other words, thieves.

actually, i think it's mostly from youngsters whose parents wont get them the data plan.

if not, they're brokeass adults who cant admit they just cant afford it but wanna look like "money" by rocking a device they cant afford.
    09-01-08 04:24 AM
    You're right oaks, I'm ranting on a pet peeve; it is like the nice house in a great neighborhood with no furniture . Being broke can make a lot of people justify many things they wouldn't do otherwise. I helped someone upgrade a few days ago and found out in the middle of the process it was a 16 y/o kid . When we were done, he wanted to know a work around to get on the net. I'm the wrong guy to ask because I wouldn't know how. Now I'm waiting for his dad to text me about helping his kid mess up his berry. He was a smart kid who wanted a cool berry, but I'd be p#ssed at an adult helping my kid.

09-01-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD