Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this. I was watching Nikita and in this one scene she was sending a message on her Torch and using an app. Just wanted to know what it was, is it a third party app or just a feature in OS6? Anyone recognize it?

04-30-11 03:53 AM
    that OS looks NOTHING like a blackberry OS.

two things.....

1.) judging from pic#2, that seach bar looks alot like an Andriod OS, not a blackberry.

2.) 9/10 times in tv and movies, cellphone screen images are simulated computer graphics and not the real phone screen images. just like on TV commercials for TV sets, the pics/videos are not usually real screen captures.

not saying its definitely not real, just saying it most likely just tv/movie magic.
    04-30-11 04:30 AM
    dictoresno pretty much covered it. Very rarely in TV shows or movies do they have real working software displayed on cellphones, computer monitors, screens, etc... Just think of all those shows or movies where there's someone conducting some sort of person search using FBI "software" that looks nothing like any Windows application and the computer makes all sorts of weird beeps that would drive any regular computer user insane after using it for more than five minutes.
    04-30-11 04:44 AM
    Thanks guys. In the pict #two, I was looking at it and wondered if there was a theme that changed how the home screen looked like. But yeah, you both have a point on the the tv/movie magic idea and I have seen plenty of those.
    04-30-11 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD