Ok, it looks like I can keep the Droid for myself, but like Tiger Woods, it's gonna cost me. She wants me to pay for her upgrade price in Feb/Mar in exchange for me keeping the Droid. I also fessed up and showed her everything I like about the Droid, and now, the Storm has become radioactive and toxic to her. I'm checking into eBaying it for her now.
    Haha thats too funny. My wife just said her Pearl is not cutting it anymore and I just used my upgrade for my Droid and she is not eligible for upgrade for a year so I dont know what Im goin to do.
    12-06-09 11:45 AM
    Wouldn't you end up paying more by divorcing? Through all the support you'd be paying monthly lol
    At least you get to keep the droid AND be single!
    12-06-09 11:55 AM
    my wife rocks a moto v195,if she can't figure out any technology in under 3 minutes then she doesn't want it
    12-06-09 12:05 PM
    First tiger, now you. When will you guys learn to hide your phone when you aren't using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 12:15 PM
    This is funny. Why not sell both yours and her blackberry and pay for the phone out right?
    12-06-09 01:23 PM
    Plain and simple can you suck your own?
    If the answer is no well ummmmmm duhhhhhhh.
    U must be young...... oh man
    Give her the Droid man; and since u screwed up
    buy her some accessories....
    12-06-09 02:13 PM
    Happy wife, happy life. Or so I have heard.
    12-06-09 02:22 PM
    This is funny. Why not sell both yours and her blackberry and pay for the phone out right?
    IMO, the idea of paying retail price for any cell phone seems kinda immoral and digusting - even if I can afford it.
    12-06-09 03:14 PM
    First tiger, now you. When will you guys learn to hide your phone when you aren't using it.

oooh nice one
    12-06-09 03:18 PM
    My wife was the first smartphone owner in our house w/ the purchase of a Blackberry 7XXXX 4 years ago. Basically, because of her, I got into the smartphone game myself after seeing all the things her phone could do. Well, several blackberries later (including a Motorola Q) we both found ourselves w/ the Blackberry Storm which we were fairly satisfied with - actually she was much more satisfied with it than I was.

Well, along comes the Motorola Droid. After the clever marketing and the glowing user experiences I had to have one. My only problem is that I wasn't due for an early upgrade until March 2010.......but my wife was due just after the release of the Droid. I knew she was happy w/ the Storm, so I talked her into letting me have her early upgrade. She wanted to know what phone I was getting, and I told her the Moto Droid. After a few weeks w/ the Droid she wanted to know how it differed from the Blackberry Storm - and this is where the problem comes in........I TOTALLY AND INTENTIONALLY PLAYED DOWN THE CAPABILITIES OF THE DROID. I told her that it was only "so-so" and that I wasn't sure I would keep it (knowing full well that I loved it and it was a keeper). I also sweetened everything by telling her to wait for the iPhone on Verizon around the summer of 2010.

If I didn't do that she would've seen all the things the DROID can do and assumed that I tricked her and would've demanded her early upgrade back for herself. Well, 2 mornings ago I awoke to her playing w/ my Droid (no pun intended) and now she is no longer satisfied w/ the Storm and wants her upgrade back - or to give her MY Droid and me wait for my upgrade in March. She said that I deceived her and she wants the phone or the upgrade NOW. I feel that she legitimately gave me the upgrade and that she should wait until March. Who's right?
    Lol. Keep the peace in the household. Give her the Droid and take her Storm. Or, except whatever surprises that she may plan (over time) for you. Especially since she mentioned you and deception.
    12-06-09 03:27 PM
    I'm so glad my wife likes her simple little Juke.
    12-06-09 03:47 PM
    Lol. Keep the peace in the household. Give her the Droid and take her Storm. Or, except whatever surprises that she may plan (over time) for you. Especially since she mentioned you and deception.
    I'm glad someone mentioned this u keep pulling stuff like this you are gonna
    loose so much trust with your wife.
    I would apologize move forward; and when your upgrade turn comes up
    and there is something that is better ummm giving her dibs on yours will
    go a long way. Cherish your marraige and your wife........
    12-06-09 04:42 PM
    This is an easy thing to decide.

One, are you a heavy or light sleeper?
    What is your pain tolerance?
    Does the wife know her way around a kitchen and knives?
    And does the wife have any shoes with spiked heels?

The reason I ask these questions is, your head is softer than you think it is. And sleeping is your weakness, she can "correct" you at any time while you sleep.

Also the wife could always get to you, through your phone. Accidents happen.

I'm just saying... One morning you may very well wake up with half a Droid on the pillow next to you, with a note that read...."You lied to me... live with your lie now!" I can picture your DROID with a knife pinning it to the bathroom door, also with a note ...."Next time it will be your CENSORED!"
    12-06-09 04:57 PM
    One year I got 17 new phones. Yes I have a problem. My wife doesn't even ask anymore.

I learned to that it is better to ask for forgiveness AFTER you get the phone than before.

I am down to only 4 this year and loving the 9700.
    12-06-09 05:01 PM
    There are lots of women out there, but there is only one DROID!

DROID FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-06-09 05:05 PM
    Says the single guy! LOL

There are lots of women out there, but there is only one DROID!

DROID FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-06-09 06:22 PM
    I would say, it would depend on how much you like visiting her "special place".
    12-06-09 11:56 PM
    If you don't give it up, she won't give it up!

12-07-09 06:59 AM
    And always wrong
    Yah. I agree. When she calls in back up, you're in trouble. It's not worth the pain and suffering they(wife, sister-in-law, Mother-in-law, Aunts) are going to cause you. At that point, it's not about the Droid and all about trust. Save yourself and give it up, man.

12-07-09 07:31 AM
    I bet the droid goes through more battiers than the wife does.....

wait.... did i ? ....yea i did.....

12-07-09 07:40 AM
    im married, i have the eris she has a storm, and i did take her upgrade, and if she came at me like that i would tell for to calm the f down and wait it out...too bad.

who wears the pants in your house?
    12-07-09 08:25 AM
    you may wear the pants but she controls the zipper

12-07-09 08:27 AM
    she can't get enough of the zipper and we already have 2 kids...

and with that...im outta this thread :P
    12-07-09 08:29 AM
    She's the one who said you could have her upgrade. I mean does she actually think that you were going to use it for a mediocre device? C'mon, the whole point was to upgrade your device....right? Tell her to quit being an indian giver and get over it.
    12-07-09 12:43 PM
    She's the one who said you could have her upgrade. I mean does she actually think that you were going to use it for a mediocre device? C'mon, the whole point was to upgrade your device....right? Tell her to quit being an indian giver and get over it.
    Yeah, she let you have the upgrade cause she supposedly liked the Storm. She's now being sour grapes just cause you picked up a cool phone. Tell her the Passion will be out in a few and she can get that.
    12-07-09 01:02 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD