So my story goes like this, I'm a Iphone owner love the phone it does it's job for me entertaining wise and sometimes personal stuff. I picked up the 8900 with tmobile with data only since I was still using my iphone as my main phone and love the 8900 as far as personal wise (I.e. Texting, email and web browsing). I want to keep both phones but T-Mobile service is lacking and I really want to make my BB my #1 go to phone, and I can't just get data only with the iphone which is a bummer. So my options are to either Go to AT&T and do a family plan with most likely the bold since its better suited for my butterstick fingers. 2nd option is to wait for the Onyx and be w/o a BB until then and just use my iPhone. I know it has to be more options because I want both to work hand in hand, plus I really like you guys you guys are fun and cool. Cause right now I'm in my 30 days and my time to either keep the BB on t mobile or take it back is running out and this is a hard decision because I'm addicted to my blackberry but I heart my iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 02:08 PM
    You can always get an unlocked 8900, upgrade your account to a Blackberry Data Plan and then switch your SIM card out to whichever device you want to use on any given day.
    06-19-09 02:28 PM
    That's what I would recomend as well. If you loive the 8900 why would you wanna get the bold instead of the 8900? Ya its keyboard size is nice but the curve is way better. File free is a plus for all ur fav bb apps! Side note, I got mine back yesterday after my time away, loaded .250 and see word wrap is still an issue!

06-19-09 03:10 PM
    Yes but that's the thing I don't want to switch devices, lol its that I want to have both on me and probably both working at the same time. Even though I didn't believe her a CSR told me I couldn't switch my iphone sim card to a blackberryb because the iphone uses a special sim card I lol'd. And the reason for the bold is yes the bigger keyboard maybe its because I'm not used to typing with my nails on a phone.

06-19-09 03:26 PM
    Plus if I did the switching of devices I would be with at&t and I hate the 8900 white numbered keyboard and I know its able to be changed but I'm not MaN enough to take my phone apart.

06-19-09 03:28 PM
    I haven't done it yet, but ill be taking my phone apart when I get my parts in from CNN. Really don't think its a big deal, if you want what you want your going to have to make some compromises.

06-19-09 03:54 PM
    Why not just unlock the iPhone and switch to TMobile service?

In regards to the SIM card comment, you can take the SIM card out of the iPhone and it will work with the BB (and vice versa).
    06-19-09 04:19 PM
    If you want to spend your money on having two phone accounts then I guess you can go for it but really seems like a waste to me.
    06-19-09 04:47 PM
    Becaue where I work t mobile service is not that great and other places unless I wifi everywhere

06-19-09 05:33 PM
    If you want to spend your money on having two phone accounts then I guess you can go for it but really seems like a waste to me.
    Thus the reason why I need this help because it seems they go better hand in hand because one lacks what the other has. But like somebody else said I might should just make compromises instead of trying to have the best of both worlds

06-19-09 06:31 PM
    Well, let's look at your options...

1) If you stay with ATT....you can get the Unlimited BB data for 35 plus your iPhone data and voice plan. There is no iPhone data only plan on ATT. Bummer, but you'll get 3G service with your iPhone. Sell your 8900 and get the Bold.

2) If you stay with T-Mobile...you can use a data-only smartphone plan for the iPhone and make the 8900 your primary phone with voice and data stuff. The con is that coverage isn't as good as ATT and you won't get 3G on your iPhone.

3) (this is what I do currently)
    Keep the 8900 on T-Mobile and sell the iPhone for profit and get a bigger iPod touch. It's a cheap way to have the BEST of both worlds. iPod touch works with WiFi and all the apps. Plus, it has better battery life and more space for videos and music.
    06-19-09 08:35 PM
    Well, let's look at your options...

1) If you stay with ATT....you can get the Unlimited BB data for 35 plus your iPhone data and voice plan. There is no iPhone data only plan on ATT. Bummer, but you'll get 3G service with your iPhone. Sell your 8900 and get the Bold.

2) If you stay with T-Mobile...you can use a data-only smartphone plan for the iPhone and make the 8900 your primary phone with voice and data stuff. The con is that coverage isn't as good as ATT and you won't get 3G on your iPhone.

3) (this is what I do currently)
    Keep the 8900 on T-Mobile and sell the iPhone for profit and get a bigger iPod touch. It's a cheap way to have the BEST of both worlds. iPod touch works with WiFi and all the apps. Plus, it has better battery life and more space for videos and music.

Great analysis but now when if I'm not in a wifi area then my ipod touch is useless only for music and my 8900 is now only to rely on 2.5g and now no simultaneous voice+data but I like your brainstorming

06-19-09 11:10 PM
    The question you need to ask yourself is: Do you really need simultaneous voice and data at all times? Likely you do not.
    06-19-09 11:21 PM
    The question you need to ask yourself is: Do you really need simultaneous voice and data at all times? Likely you do not.
    The answer to your question is:

its better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it.

06-20-09 12:45 AM
    The question is this...how much time do you spend in Wi-Fi hotspots? Is most of your time spent in one of these places?

I can vouch for the fact that when I am at home, I'd much rather browse the web on my iPod Touch than my BB, but when I'm out and about and have to look up stuff/use GPS (which happens because I am ALWAYS lost) then the 8900 suits me fine.

Let's be honest...when you're out of range of Wi-Fi (on the road, whatever) you're probably not looking for 1st class browsing experience...you may be lost or just need to look up something quick. The BB is perfect for that.
    06-20-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD