Okay Crackberry People – this really happened yesterday. A long tale.
    Note – All locations mentioned here are UK based.

Working away from home during the week at the moment. Was without my car this week as it was in for a service / MOT to so had to rely on lifts to and from home to the work location.

The chap who gave me a lift back Friday afternoon (let’s call him Neil because that is his name) was kind enough to drop me off at the garage that had done the work on my car during the week so I could pick it up from there and drive home. My drive home from there was less than a mile. His drive home from there was about 20 miles.

When driving back from picking up my car I realised I didn't have my phone. Thought about it and realised I'd put it on the roof of Neil's car and must have left it there after taking out my luggage (Stupid me I know – been a long week).
    I did a return trip to the garage and back to see if I could find where my Passport had fallen off the roof of Neil’s car but no luck.

Okay I thought, put it down to experience (and stupidity). I’m on a SIM only contract so get a replacement SIM and go back to using my Q10.

Got home and chatted to my wife for 20 minutes or so then thought I’d better go onto the Blackberry Protect site to see if I could put an extra block on the phone to be safe.

I clicked on the ‘View Location’ link and after a few seconds it showed the location as Hotwells in Bristol (8 miles from home – mix of dual carriageways and city roads).

Checked again a few minutes later and the location was Shirehampton (15 miles from home – mix of dual carriageways and city roads).

Checked again a few minutes later and the location was the M5 Avonmouth Bridge (motorway, speed limit 70mph - Neil thinks speed limit signs are things at the side of the road with some random numbers on them that don’t actually mean anything).

Checked again a few minutes later and the location was Portishead (20 miles from home) in a car park.

Checked again a few minutes later and the location was the same.

Checked again a few minutes later and the location was somewhere a short distance away from the previous location.

Checked again a few minutes later and the location was somewhere else a short distance away from the previous location.

I had left Neil a voicemail message to let him know what I had done.

10 minutes after my last location search my home phone rang. It was Neil. He started off saying ‘You lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky B@stard’.

He’d driven off from dropping me off, gone through the centre of Bristol, been on the M5, stopped off at the pub to meet some mates (one of whom had gone out to look at the hire car he had), stopped off at a local store and then driven home.

When he picked up my voicemail he checked the roof of his car and my Passport was still there and will be back in my hands on Monday.

My Passport was in a leather case (quite grippy) and reckon the magnet in the case helped.

If anybody told me this story not sure I’d believe them but believe me, it is 100% true.
    anon(9088244) and raves68 like this.
    05-14-16 01:32 PM
    That's a good one.

God bless those leather cases and magnets! :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    07-16-16 04:21 AM
    Wood it sticks on mees plane eh?
    filanto likes this.
    07-16-16 05:22 AM
    So great! Glad you got it back safe and sound!

white Z30 STA100-5
    08-19-16 08:58 PM