OP, you're fooling yourself. Why would you meet with someone you want to forget? You're just prolonging the process.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 01:48 AM
    Time to find a really good but inexpensive pro.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    12-30-13 12:25 PM
    The one thing I haven't heard from OP is what his own parents think. Do they approve of her or not? How are they reacting, supporting him, etc? It's just another angle - another area of help if possible.
    12-30-13 11:19 PM
    To the OP:
    Time heals. Cry every night but don't let her see it. She isn't worthy of YOU. I have come to realize that about someone I know as well. No communication is the best....resist that urge to text her. I didn't and was immediately sorry when I got no response either. Get angry! That seems to help me!
    Getting angry is bad advice.
    It's like holding on to a piece of burning coal - you're the one who gets hurt as you can't let go of the anger.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-30-13 11:26 PM
    The one thing I haven't heard from OP is what his own parents think. Do they approve of her or not? How are they reacting, supporting him, etc? It's just another angle - another area of help if possible.
    You don't date or not date someone based on another's approval of that person.

You either like or person for who they are, or not.
    The OP's parents need to be supportive, yes.
    12-30-13 11:28 PM
    You don't date or not date someone based on another's approval of that person.

You either like or person for who they are, or not.
    The OP's parents need to be supportive, yes.
    Correct. But as I understand Indian culture (and as I am not from India, please correct me if my knowledge is outdated) parental opinion weighs in on marriage and dating. I hope they are supportive of OP.
    12-30-13 11:30 PM
    Correct. But as I understand Indian culture (and as I am not from India, please correct me if my knowledge is outdated) parental opinion weighs in on marriage and dating. I hope they are supportive of OP.
    Ah. I stand corrected.

I was generalising.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-31-13 12:23 AM
    Its a part of life... move on... You will get better person in life..
    12-31-13 06:17 AM
    OP isn't ready to move on yet. He needs plenty more pain first. This thread is helping him with false hope (not from the other poster's) of him bringing her to the forefront of his mind even more so than usual.

Lots of good advice from this thread but he continues to pursue / think of her. I'm glad I've passed this time. No matter what anyone said I wouldn't of payed attention to them. I just liked talking about the long gone girl.

With time we learn wisdom. With wisdom we learn to not get ***** whipped.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    ronfc, tushargkwd and shaleem like this.
    01-01-14 06:45 AM
    There something really funny about commiserating with someone who has been dumped. Sometimes your friend later comes back around and say "Guess what? We made up and got back together!" That makes you feel like: 1) You wasted all your time on consoling someone about what was really only a relationship hiccup. 2) Awkward now because you said some pretty shetty things about their partner. 3) You know you will just have to do it again a little while from now.

After a while you just don't want to hear it anymore.
    01-01-14 07:12 AM
    I haven't told my parents about her... but I am sure that they will approve of her...
    I have no doubt that my parents would accept her...
    I am not sure about her parents though...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:28 AM
    Some of them more than weight in. Essentially they are the one who made the decisions.
    01-01-14 10:50 AM
    I haven't told my parents about her... but I am sure that they will approve of her...
    I have no doubt that my parents would accept her...
    I am not sure about her parents though...

Posted via CB10
    Um...you haven't told your parents? How long have you known her?
    01-01-14 05:15 PM
    Um...you haven't told your parents? How long have you known her?
    Its been a year and a half... and I had originally planned that I would let my Parents know after I complete a year in my job... but I became jobless after 8 months and now again I have a job...

If she would have been with me... I would have told my parents by now.....hmm...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:52 AM
    I'm very confused then.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 12:18 PM
    I'm very confused then.

Posted via CB10
    I know that for sure..

Since it is considered a taboo in India if you tell your parents about your love rather than first being in a position to ask for it....

My sister knows that we are friends and they have met each other a couple of times... and I have met her brother too... and he was able to detect the chemistry between us and hence has restricted her from meeting me.

I have never demanded any commitments from her side and I would like to grow in order to go and meet her parents... but things became awry and she suddenly stopped seeing me..

Also, she has stopped sharing everything that goes on in her life.... that hurts as we used to talk about this everyday...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:47 PM
    If you love her, and you think she's worth it, and you really, REALLY want to be with her even after she dumped you, then you need to GO AFTER HER.

Swing for the fences. I'm talkin' Cusack-Say-Anything style:

My girlfriend dumped me :(-say-anything.jpg

And yes, I'm being 100% serious.

Forget all this new age psycho-analysis self-help reflective reasoning bull crap. It's really simple... You either love her or you don't and you either want her or you don't.

If you do, GO FOR IT. BE BOLD.
    01-06-14 02:48 AM
    If you love her, and you think she's worth it, and you really, REALLY want to be with her even after she dumped you, then you need to GO AFTER HER.

Swing for the fences. I'm talkin' Cusack-Say-Anything style:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	say-anything.jpg 
Views:	1564 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	236387

And yes, I'm being 100% serious.

Forget all this new age psycho-analysis self-help reflective reasoning bull crap. It's really simple... You either love her or you don't and you either want her or you don't.

If you do, GO FOR IT. BE BOLD.
    But it's pretty obvious SHE doesn't. The OP will probably just get hurt. *shrug*

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    01-06-14 08:52 AM
    But it's pretty obvious SHE doesn't. The OP will probably just get hurt. *shrug*

That's the whole point I'm getting at. Just like Cusack's character, he and OP got dumped, but but his determination was what won her back.

I'm not being an romanticist or idealist here. I understand she dumped the OP and the OP is opening himself up and being vulnerable by going after her.

But so what? That's what it takes. Has this generation gone soft? Go after what you want. If you get hurt, it makes you stronger and you'll appreciate the one that does deserve you even more.
    01-06-14 06:20 PM
    That's the whole point I'm getting at. Just like Cusack's character, he and OP got dumped, but but his determination was what won her back.

I'm not being an romanticist or idealist here. I understand she dumped the OP and the OP is opening himself up and being vulnerable by going after her.

But so what? That's what it takes. Has this generation gone soft? Go after what you want. If you get hurt, it makes you stronger and you'll appreciate the one that does deserve you even more.
    And you are using a movie as an example? Real life do go on after the happily ever after.
    coaltowking likes this.
    01-06-14 06:27 PM
    And you are using a movie as an example? Real life do go on after the happily ever after.
    I'm using my personal life as the basis. The movie just lightened the mood a bit. *shrug*
    01-06-14 11:15 PM
    I'm using my personal life as the basis. The movie just lightened the mood a bit. *shrug*
    If the girl doesn't want him, he'll just annoy her further. If he "fights" for her he'll only hurt himself trying to get closer to her whilst only driving her further away. Best advice? Let her go. Move on. Simple.

01-06-14 11:44 PM
    Is there any chance of adding a poll to this thread

(It'll be ignored anyway)

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    coaltowking and Undbiter65 like this.
    01-07-14 05:39 AM
    When times are tough, true loyalty is tested. You've got an early glimpse and you already know what she'll do. Why are we still talking about this?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 06:02 AM
    If the girl doesn't want him, he'll just annoy her further. If he "fights" for her he'll only hurt himself trying to get closer to her whilst only driving her further away. Best advice? Let her go. Move on. Simple.

That is definitely an outcome that is probable.

And had I taken your advice I would not be engaged right now.

It's up to you OP. Is she worth the risk of getting hurt again? Only you know...
    01-07-14 02:34 PM
161 ... 4567