I bought an 8830WE from fonedepot352 last weekend off of Ebay. I received my tracking number, and after 5 days it showed that they still had the phone in their possesion. So I called them as they post their phone number and encourage phone calls instead of waiting for an email. Turns out I bought the last 8830 that they had and it did not pass their final inspection, they had been trying to order more to make sure I would get a good phone. Unfortunately they were not going to get more phones in time and refunded my money and sent a note apologizing about not being able to sell me the phone. I didnt even have to request a refund, or threaten to dispute the charge. Very reputable of them. Unfortunately I had to bid on another 8830 and I am now waiting again to join the BB family. hopefully it will get here by Wed
    05-29-09 09:25 PM
    Phew I thought it was going to be a bad eBay experience, well hopefully it will work out fine this time...personally I've bought 4 BlackBerrys off of eBay, no issues.
    Last edited by cnorton; 05-29-09 at 10:32 PM.
    05-29-09 09:59 PM
    I just has a similar incident but ended up filing a complaint with Paypal after several attempts to contact the seller. The seller quickly got back to me at that point, explained the situation and refunded my money. I purchased the item through another auction. The DAY after I received the second auction item I got the first auction item in the mail! I emailed the seller and go no response. I have contacted ebay and am waiting for a phone number. No complaints here- two is better then none but hopefully I can get in touch with the first seller to get him back his product since he issued me a refund already!
    05-30-09 07:07 AM
    Phew I thought it was going to be a bad eBay experience, well hopefully it will work out fine this time...personally I've bought 4 BlackBerrys off of eBay, no issues.
    I have no real gripe with how the first transaction went, I would even buy another phone from them. They are a phone store in Florida and they show the actual phone in their pictures instead of stock photos, so you see what you are actually getting.

Ahh well better late, than defective
    05-30-09 08:23 AM
    I've always had good luck with ebay. I just always make sure I read the fine print and ask questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD