How hard is it to but a black bezel on? I'm thinking about doing it to my verizon tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 04:35 AM
    How hard is it to but a black bezel on? I'm thinking about doing it to my verizon tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if you can follow the disassembly video, it really wasn't that difficult...much easier than the Bold because you don't have to change all the buttons

the hardest part was taking the lock and mute buttons off the original bezel and putting them on the black one

took me 20 minutes
    11-11-09 09:06 AM
    Can you talk about how to take the earpiece off? I ruined one tour b/c I wasn't patient enough . it had like glue and those two little prongs snapped off.

if i take off the earpiece correctly, will it still fit and snap pack perfectly again ? I had alot of space and the force i used warped the earpiece slightly so that there's space b/w the bezel and the earpiece now.

is the trick to use the flat tool or did you use something else?
    11-11-09 03:43 PM
    Can you talk about how to take the earpiece off? I ruined one tour b/c I wasn't patient enough . it had like glue and those two little prongs snapped off.

if i take off the earpiece correctly, will it still fit and snap pack perfectly again ? I had alot of space and the force i used warped the earpiece slightly so that there's space b/w the bezel and the earpiece now.

is the trick to use the flat tool or did you use something else?
    well at first I didn't know why it wouldn't come off. seeing the video and then trying made me pissed because it wouldn't budge. i realized glue was holding it, so i just made sure to take my time.

the flat tool was nice to pry with, thats what I used. it gave enough play where it wouldn't snap the tabs.

after installing the bezel, the earpiece snapped right on without any problems. both lock and mute buttons work perfectly too.

in conclusion, i believe patience is your best friend with this bezel swap. it took my 20 minutes but probably could of been 5 if i rushed.
    11-11-09 04:02 PM
    I just purchased the same bezel from that seller. Hopefully everything works out for me when I go to install. Only thing I'm worried about is the lock/stand-by sensors. I'll have to watch the YouTube vids a few times before I go to do that part.

Edit: When you went to unscrew the screw with the white warranty sticker did you just go ahead and void it? Or did you find a way to take it off and then replace it back on?

I know when I blacked my Bold I voided the warranty because I wasn't under a carrier contract and had the phone for a while... It's a little different this time, but I understand that I'll be voiding the warranty and will take on the risk.
    Last edited by MNotar91; 11-11-09 at 10:59 PM.
    11-11-09 10:56 PM
    that looks soo sexy, but i would be way to scared to take mines apart.. :/
    11-12-09 02:43 AM
    I just purchased the same bezel from that seller. Hopefully everything works out for me when I go to install. Only thing I'm worried about is the lock/stand-by sensors. I'll have to watch the YouTube vids a few times before I go to do that part.

Edit: When you went to unscrew the screw with the white warranty sticker did you just go ahead and void it? Or did you find a way to take it off and then replace it back on?

I know when I blacked my Bold I voided the warranty because I wasn't under a carrier contract and had the phone for a while... It's a little different this time, but I understand that I'll be voiding the warranty and will take on the risk.
    yeah just make sure to take your time with the earpiece part (held by double sided tape), take your time with taking off the mute and lock buttons. (DO NOT cut the little little black tape in between the bezel holdiing it together with the contact...you'll see what I mean)

i just went right over the sticker and went to town. i've had the device for a few weeks and have no hardware or software issues. plus i have a "drop it off a balcony and get a new phone no questions asked" warranty.

let me know if u have any other questions. i'll be more than happy to help.
    11-12-09 09:45 AM
    this looks awesome, ive always liked by phones all black.

P.S If anyone needs a bezel installed in SoCal area i can do it for free. Just PM me
    11-12-09 09:53 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD