Ok, I ended up with an 8330 by default because I lost my cell phone at the airport. I didn't want a BB because frankly, I think they're ugly as ****--c'mon, they are and the GUI was easily designed by monkeys. But because I needed a cell phone and my contract was eligible for a phone upgrade, the Sprint guy slapped one of these puppies in my hand. Ugh--I hate these things...

Despite my reservations, I got it anyway and started messing with it--I'm a Google apps addict and I knew that the BB sync'd very well. I'm an artist so what I use needs to look like something I "enjoy" looking at and not too concerned about security (I could care less about this) or even if it's a little buggy. I use Linux because I can design my own interface unlike Windows or Mac where I can't, doesn't always work but it looks awesome.

The first two days of using my BB almost threw it out the window, several times. Horrible! Interface. I hated looking at it in the mornings and just looked pretentious hanging off my jeans pocket. I tried to return it to the Sprint store and the clerk was too busy and told me to stick with it and try to get used to it. If I still didn't like it after 20 days he'd gladly take it back and sell me something else... I wanted an ANDROID phone but my carrier doesn't have that.

I got over myself and really started using my BB. I installed Pandora and a few other media apps that I enjoyed. I found a few themes that looked cool and designed a skin for it. Hm, it's starting to get there--looks-wise. Got a few ringers for it. I was able to access my online college's website and complete my homework using my BB. Pandora's amazing and so are the other streaming music stations. The camera's not too bad and the camcorder's better than my previous phone.

Then it started to happen. I noticed that I was on the BB more than my laptop. Then I stopped carrying around my laptop alltogether. Then my wife noticed that I was always using the BB because I finally got the browser to work they I wanted it too. Ok, this thing's amazing...

Well, I can't put it down now. In fact, I noticed the little red blinking light telling me that I have a new email, it's playing music through Pandora and I'm completely addicted to this ugly little device with a GUI that's still ugly but extremely functional. It's not going back, I'm keeping it!
    04-24-09 02:35 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! You should check out the 101 lecture series in my signature. It contains a wealth of knowledge for newbies like yourself. Enjoy the device and good luck!
    04-24-09 02:39 PM
    Welcome to the dark side....
    04-24-09 03:08 PM
    Great write-up on your conversion! I enjoyed the read...

...as long as you know the addiction will only get uglier.

David
    04-24-09 03:20 PM
    Welcome my friend, welcome.....
    04-24-09 03:27 PM
    Ahh yes, another conversion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:38 PM
    Feel the force... And welcome!

04-24-09 04:42 PM
    Yeah, thank you all for the warm welcome and I'll allow myself to relish in the company of other BB addicts. I now have two charging cables, in my office and home. My two year old watches the Disney channel using SprintTV while he's in the car with me. He points at it now when he needs it. I should get him one as well... Poor kid

04-25-09 12:37 AM
    I think the gui may seem to look ugly but I find that its actually well designed because once you learn how to use it. Find something out there that has a better organized gui ;D
    04-25-09 02:40 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. You're now an addict like the rest of us.
    04-25-09 11:10 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-25-09 11:58 AM
    Welcome to the dark side....
    and enjoy our cookies... they are chocolate chip
    04-27-09 05:51 PM
    Like a moth to a flame, burn by the fire ...

BlackBerry is my desire!

Your BB will become an extension of you.
    06-10-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD