30 12
tools
    Brave statement.

Which state would that be?
    Ohio sir.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-15-10 03:51 PM
    Situational awareness is important also. Make sure to keep your head up, look around, and look people in the eyes, which shows confidence. Chances are better that you'll be left alone if you appear confident, alert, and aware of your surroundings. Even if you have a gun, it won't help if you don't see what's going on around you in time to react to a threat.

Guns here aren't the problem. Criminals who aren't afraid of the justice system are. Give law abiding citizens guns to give the criminals something to fear again...

let the people say AMEN!
    04-18-10 03:54 AM
    Its a proven fact that in the US guns prevent millions of crimes annually. Most times, people simply have to present one and not even fire a shot. Of course they have to be ready and willing to do so. Crime has gone down or at least not gone up everywhere citizens have access to a lawful means of carrying a weapon.
    It's also common sense that when a country has the most prisoners in the world they have a major problem:
    Prisoners per capita (most recent) by country
    Prisoners by country. Definition, graph and map.

and when the United States comes in at the top 10 in almost all crimes it makes you wonder. NationMaster - Crime Statistics

There are also a few other interesting statistics about the US:
    Teen Pregnancy: Teenage pregnancy (most recent) by country
    Obesity: Obesity statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
    Plastic Surgery: Plastic surgery procedures (most recent) by country

What I am saying is there are major crime problems in the US and the other statistics show that there are a lot of stupid people in the US. And I am no United States hater or anything, I visit the US all the time and went on vacation twice to Hawaii but when I go to places like L.A. I do wish the city was safe enough for an evening walk.
    04-18-10 09:58 PM
    It is what it is. We do have a large crime problem, although you have to beware statistics. They can easily be twisted to prove a point.

One example is they like to include known gang members 17yo + in their statistics about children being harmed by guns, instead of treating them as adults, which at 17 they almost are and 18 officially are.

Part of the problem is the culture shifting away from family units, away from being able to discipline your kid/explain right/wrong in a way they'll get it, and towards lack of morals and "he has that, I want it, so I'll take it" instead of "I need to work and save up for that"...

Part of the problem is the system being soft on criminals. Rather than putting them up in tents in the desert and making them do hard labor all day, they let them lounge about, read magazines, books, ****, even get cable tv. Um. Here's an idea. Make jail/prison as unpleasant a place to be as you possibly can, so it makes people not want to go there.

Criminals aren't afraid of the law. They need something to be afraid of to keep them in check.

Sorry, but there are places you'll never be able to feel safe. That's just how things are.

04-18-10 10:51 PM
    I blame violent video games. :P

04-18-10 11:24 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD