But they take a lot of money from apps, books, musics, or the other services that work for ios on their 15% market share of iphone. No company could ever do that.
    Is that something to be proud of? Taking somebody else's pieces of work and making money off of it? This is not leadership, it's making us pay for what used to be free as in anyone who is 50 years old can attest to. All it took was a radio and a tape Recorder. I can't think of one thing that anyone could be proud of in the history of Apple, unless you owned shares after the Microsoft bailout.
    09-14-18 10:01 PM
    Is that something to be proud of? Taking somebody else's pieces of work and making money off of it? This is not leadership, it's making us pay for what used to be free as in anyone who is 50 years old can attest to. All it took was a radio and a tape Recorder. I can't think of one thing that anyone could be proud of in the history of Apple, unless you owned shares after the Microsoft bailout.
    You don’t get my points. Just for example. Devs make a paid apps for ios, and apple get 30% profit from the app’s price. Apple have millions paid songs/albums/libraries/movies from artists, they help artists to market their work to reach the consumer through their products and services (itunes, apple music etc) and get 30% profit of it, that’s all a “totally fair” way of getting profit.

What I want to say is apple not only make profit out of iphone from only its sell number, they also take profit from services they provide that work flawlessly on iphone (and the other devices in their ecosystem), and that’s all totally fair. I dont need to know or proud of how the company could achieve these, I just need know that their product and services they provide just work seamless.
    09-14-18 11:02 PM
    You don’t get my points. Just for example. Devs make a paid apps for ios, and apple get 30% profit from the app’s price. Apple have millions paid songs/albums/libraries/movies from artists, they help artists to market their work to reach the consumer through their products and services (itunes, apple music etc) and get 30% profit of it, that’s all a “totally fair” way of getting profit.

What I want to say is apple not only make profit out of iphone from only its sell number, they also take profit from services they provide that work flawlessly on iphone (and the other devices in their ecosystem), and that’s all totally fair. I dont need to know or proud of how the company could achieve these, I just need know that their product and services they provide just work seamless.
    Why don't you ask Tim Cook why Apple basically doesn't pay any tax on all this seamless revenue?
    09-14-18 11:12 PM
    Why don't you ask Tim Cook why Apple basically doesn't pay any tax on all this seamless revenue?
    Why do I need to know that (as a consumer)?
    I am no fanboy that always defend every single step of a company, I just pick what work for me, I pay and leave. Just as simple as that.
    09-14-18 11:36 PM
    Why do I need to know that (as a consumer)?
    I am no fanboy that always defend every single step of a company, I just pick what work for me, I pay and leave. Just as simple as that.
    So they have won. You bought a phone looking for a camera and will gladly pay for anything that they offer to the plate. Have a great weekend! No harm done.
    09-14-18 11:57 PM
    So they have won. You bought a phone looking for a camera and will gladly pay for anything that they offer to the plate. Have a great weekend! No harm done.
    What? I didn’t say that I pay for anything they offer. I just pick what I need that work, I didn’t even say that I’m apple user. It’s just a phone, no need to put fanboysm or loyalty over this.

And buying apps or paying for arts/services/etc is the way you reward the developers/artists/companies for their work, doesn’t matter you pay that through android or ios. It’s the same as you pay monthly subscription for your blackberry services, thats’s the way you reward and support them right? And that’s “totally fair”. So the creators or companies that make the work/service are the winner.
    Last edited by chain13; 09-15-18 at 12:12 AM.
    09-15-18 12:01 AM
    What? I didn’t say that I pay for anything they offer. I just pick what I need that work, I didn’t even say that I’m apple user. It’s just a phone, no need to put fanboysm or loyalty over this.

And buying apps or paying for arts/services/etc is the way you reward the developers/artists/companies for their work, doesn’t matter you pay that through android or ios. It’s the same as you pay monthly subscription for your blackberry services, thats’s the way you reward and support them right? And that’s “totally fair”. So the creators or companies that make the work/service are the winner.
    I agree holeheartedly have a great weekend.
    09-15-18 12:16 AM
    Apple has paid $35,000,000,000 in taxes over the last three years.

Source: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/...payments/#mn_p
    09-15-18 02:17 PM
    Apple has paid $35,000,000,000 in taxes over the last three years.

Source: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/...payments/#mn_p
    Looks like the fox is loose in the hen house.
    09-15-18 03:22 PM
    The most hilarious thing for Apple is that they think whatever they say will increase their sales....and the irony is that it does
    10-09-18 03:08 AM
    Radio and a tape recorder???? That’s called stealing.
    10-09-18 10:15 AM
    Apple paid 35 billons in corporate taxes in the last 3 years. They are the largest taxpayer in the world.

Where did you get that Apple doesn’t pay any taxes????
    10-09-18 10:19 AM
    Radio and a tape recorder???? That’s called stealing.
    Not quite young man. In the day and still to this day, listening to the radio involves you also listening to advertising which is the basis of all revenue made by Radio and TV stations. Fair usage rules allow me to record a song off the radio for my own personal use given that the radio station has been paid by the advertiser and the radio station has in turn paid royalties to the author and artist.
    10-09-18 08:06 PM
    Apple paid 35 billons in corporate taxes in the last 3 years. They are the largest taxpayer in the world.

Where did you get that Apple doesn’t pay any taxes????
    Your numbers come from the Apple corporate site. C'mon venture outside of the "I can make you believe anything as long as you accept Apple as my lord and master" ! Even the name Apple was stolen!
    10-09-18 08:11 PM
    Your numbers come from the Apple corporate site. C'mon venture outside of the "I can make you believe anything as long as you accept Apple as my lord and master" ! Even the name Apple was stolen!
    So they pay zero in taxes?

Ok, from their independently audited financial statements, they paid 50 billions in taxes in the last 3 years.

Satisfied?
    10-09-18 08:23 PM
    So they pay zero in taxes?

Ok, from their independently audited financial statements, they paid 50 billions in taxes in the last 3 years.

Satisfied?
    Not as much as they should have paid! And that $50 they paid includes sales tax that was actually paid for by the purchaser.
    10-09-18 08:26 PM
    Not quite young man. In the day and still to this day, listening to the radio involves you also listening to advertising which is the basis of all revenue made by Radio and TV stations. Fair usage rules allow me to record a song off the radio for my own personal use given that the radio station has been paid by the advertiser and the radio station has in turn paid royalties to the author and artist.
    You’re right, I totally forgot about the fair usage act. But it wasn’t totally free... part of the money from tape sales goes to the industry and pays the artist.

But the world had changed... with the internet it became much much easier to copy songs. The industry had to look for another model.
    10-09-18 08:28 PM
    You’re right, I totally forgot about the fair usage act. But it wasn’t totally free... part of the money from tape sales goes to the industry and pays the artist.

But the world had changed... with the internet it became much much easier to copy songs. The industry had to look for another model.
    And the middleman (Apple, Spotify et all) take a bigger share of the money than the artists get. Now we have to watch 2 commercials when watching a YouTube video. This is consistent with the Ticketmaster business foundation. money for nothing.
    10-09-18 08:32 PM
    Not as much as they should have paid! And that $50 they paid includes sales tax that was actually paid for by the purchaser.
    No sales taxes doesn’t go into the income statement.

And how would you gauge they didn’t pay enough? How much should they had paid then?
    10-09-18 09:42 PM
    And the middleman (Apple, Spotify et all) take a bigger share of the money than the artists get. Now we have to watch 2 commercials when watching a YouTube video. This is consistent with the Ticketmaster business foundation. money for nothing.
    I’m old enough to know that it was the record industry that killed themselves and not Apple.

The streaming model is recent, and the only way to bring some income, even if it’s a little amount, to the artists.

I’m sure you remember Napster... and how the industry was dying.
    10-09-18 10:18 PM
    I’m old enough to know that it was the record industry that killed themselves and not Apple.

The streaming model is recent, and the only way to bring some income, even if it’s a little amount, to the artists.

I’m sure you remember Napster... and how the industry was dying.
    Well just an afterthought the music industry has died in spirit. People now pay to stream music made in a laboratory with no musicians involved invoking AutoTune, sampling and just plain trash Rap. So the "recording" industry and the streaming services win while the public gets Crap. Don't even ask me about "Country" ! Lol
    10-14-18 09:55 PM
    Well just an afterthought the music industry has died in spirit. People now pay to stream music made in a laboratory with no musicians involved invoking AutoTune, sampling and just plain trash Rap. So the "recording" industry and the streaming services win while the public gets Crap. Don't even ask me about "Country" ! Lol
    And none of that is Apple's fault, nor Amazon's, nor BitTorrent's or Napster's or Limewire's. And, by the way, the record labels were the middle men taking most of the artists' money long before, and to a much greater degree, than any internet music distributor.
    10-16-18 11:14 AM
    You do realize that this is what every store in the world does, right?
    10-16-18 04:09 PM
    I never understood why people boast about Apple having 85% of the smartphone revenue. So, they rip people off, how is that good? The consumer does not benefit from Apple's exorbitant pricing, nor from the cuts Apple makes to items included in the product's box.
    12-07-18 10:18 PM
    I never understood why people boast about Apple having 85% of the smartphone revenue. So, they rip people off, how is that good? The consumer does not benefit from Apple's exorbitant pricing, nor from the cuts Apple makes to items included in the product's box.
    Supply and demand. All's fair in love and business.
    12-08-18 01:11 AM
50 12