I told you all they had a habit of removing features and charging more for it

towngirl likes this.
    09-13-18 02:30 AM
    He just says they are expensive!
    Didn't he say the same for Key2?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-18 03:32 AM
    He just says they are expensive!
    Didn't he say the same for Key2?

Posted via CB10
    Lol did you watch the video? It's not just price
    09-13-18 03:39 AM
    Lol did you watch the video? It's not just price
    I did! How does he trash apple?
    Did he say the camera sucks?
    That the phone quality is low?
    Where is the trashing? In the price and on discontinuing the SE?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-18 03:46 AM
    I did! How does he trash apple?
    Did he say the camera sucks?
    That the phone quality is low?
    Where is the trashing? In the price and on discontinuing the SE?

Posted via CB10
    I said "trashes Apple" not "trashes the iPhone Xs/Xsmax/Xr"

I meant he trashes them for their habit of taking away features and raising the price tag.
    09-13-18 04:14 AM
    I said "trashes Apple" not "trashes the iPhone Xs/Xsmax/Xr"

I meant he trashes them for their habit of taking away features and raising the price tag.
    Cool - it's ok to raise the price when you offer more! And they are offering the cheapest iPhone ever if you consider it's coming with a professional camera included - it's a steal, they're actually lowering the price to lure customers :-)
    09-13-18 04:17 AM
    Cool - it's ok to raise the price when you offer more! And they are offering the cheapest iPhone ever if you consider it's coming with a professional camera included - it's a steal, they're actually lowering the price to lure customers :-)
    If $750 is a "steal" , then we don't have the same definition of a steal lol. And the cheapest iPhone recently was the SE which started at $399 at launch.
    09-13-18 05:25 AM
    But, but, the swiping!
    09-13-18 05:55 AM
    If $750 is a "steal" , then we don't have the same definition of a steal lol. And the cheapest iPhone recently was the SE which started at $399 at launch.
    Alas, the SE is no more. The 7 has taken its place at the bottom of the totem pole starting at $449 on Apple's website.

The headphone jack is officially dead on iPhones. The home button and Touch ID are next.
    09-13-18 07:27 AM
    Alas, the SE is no more. The 7 has taken its place at the bottom of the totem pole starting at $449 on Apple's website.

The headphone jack is officially dead on iPhones. The home button and Touch ID are next.
    Here's a quick recap of what Apple has killed since their first iPhone till now with the ones just announced

-PKB
    -Expandable storage
    -Removable battery
    -Headphone jack
    -Fingerprint sensor
    -Home button
    DWonder likes this.
    09-13-18 08:38 AM
    Here's a quick recap of what Apple has killed since their first iPhone till now with the ones just announced

-PKB
    -Expandable storage
    -Removable battery
    -Headphone jack
    -Fingerprint sensor
    -Home button
    So have we officially renamed progress to "killing features". Come on guys. I mean, no shame in preferring BlackBerry with a PKB but this is almost getting embarrassing...
    09-13-18 08:42 AM
    So have we officially renamed progress to "killing features". Come on guys. I mean, no shame in preferring BlackBerry with a PKB but this is almost getting embarrassing...
    Not sure if sarcasm...
    09-13-18 08:48 AM
    Some pretty terrible ideas have been implemented in the name of “progress” over the course of history.

The 3.5mm headphone jack may be an old standard, but it’s a universal one. Apple removed it from their phones to make more money, but they just call it “progress” and people swoon.
    AmritD likes this.
    09-13-18 08:55 AM

-PKB
    -Expandable storage
    -Removable battery
    -Headphone jack
    -Fingerprint sensor
    -Home button
    LOL
    It's not wrong, but everytime they killed something, they offer something else.

PKB - they put bigger screen instead with customizeable VKB
    Expandable storage - they put bigger internal storage with high read/write speed and icloud
    Removable battery - no need
    Headphon jack - they put their own specific wireless chip instead, for pairing with wearable device like earphone etc
    Fingerprint - faceprint
    Home button - gestures
    09-13-18 09:04 AM
    Some pretty terrible ideas have been implemented in the name of “progress” over the course of history.

The 3.5mm headphone jack may be an old standard, but it’s a universal one. Apple removed it from their phones to make more money, but they just call it “progress” and people swoon.
    Just like the floppy disk? CD player? Or all those cables we used to have behind a desktop? Ethernet cable?

Apple is in the high end market. They are just playing their role as a high end player and leader in the smartphone market.

Smartphones are still young. But if history repeats itself... the headphone jack is probably like the floppy disk of the 80 and 90s.

And did you check out their earpods? I don’t have one but reviews all agree that it’s an insane piece of technology... and no one come even close to replicating it.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-13-18 09:28 AM
    Not sure if sarcasm...
    No shame in being a BlackBerry fan (as I am) but you need to recognize Apple is on a different trajectory with its products. Its losing market share while bagging most of the profits in the industy. I can only hope BBMo / BlackBerry tries to learn from it. Squabbling for peanuts in a spec race with other Android OEMs leads nowhere...
    Last edited by panopticon; 09-13-18 at 09:46 AM.
    09-13-18 09:34 AM
    I can only hope BBMo / BlackBerry tries to learn from it.
    What could BBMo learn from Apple to help them succeed?

Squabbling for peanuts in a spec race with other Android OEMs leads nowhere...
    That's why BB VKB devices failed miserably, because they won't win the spec war (which is an absolutely ridiculous war to begin with, proof of lack of innovation)
    09-13-18 09:40 AM

-PKB
    -Expandable storage
    -Removable battery
    -Headphone jack
    -Fingerprint sensor
    -Home button
    -PKB - not a necessity and VKB are performing well enough for general messaging and it provides tangible benefits for people who want more screen estate

-Fingerprint sensor - personally they should of waited for in screen fingerprint sensor tech to be ready but they did replace it with one of the most secure consumer facial security tech so not too big of a deal.

-Home button - going all in on gestures is a big positive, ask Palm and BB10 fans gestures are the future
    09-13-18 01:49 PM

Apple is in the high end market. They are just playing their role as a high end player and leader in the smartphone market.
    Apples worldwide share of the smartphone market is now less than 15%. They are not leaders, they are corporate thief's, tax loopholes and all.
    09-13-18 03:52 PM
    Apples worldwide share of the smartphone market is now less than 15%. They are not leaders, they are corporate thief's, tax loopholes and all.
    They are leaders though, the majority of smartphone OEMs are influenced by what Apple have done, Notches, Pushing Bluetooth audio (no headphone jack), fingerprint sensors becoming common in smart phones. Being a leader isn’t just measured with market share, it’s also measured in market influence and unfortunately Apple does have a lot of influence.
    09-13-18 03:59 PM
    They are leaders though, the majority of smartphone OEMs are influenced by what Apple have done, Notches, Pushing Bluetooth audio (no headphone jack), fingerprint sensors becoming common in smart phones. Being a leader isn’t just measured with market share, it’s also measured in market influence and unfortunately Apple does have a lot of influence.
    The biggest irony of what you say is that Apple did not create/invent this market and on top of that were functionally bankrupt until Microsoft propped them up. I'd say the biggest revolution they have contributed to the world is marketing. Selling phones to people who want cameras.
    09-13-18 04:18 PM
    Yet Apple captures 85% of the smartphone revenu. The reason why everyone else is not making money, is that they need to sell phone at very low or zero margin in order to compete.

What do you think a leader is?

Battle of specs like every smartphone manufacturer?

Or selling an experience.

All smartphone manufacturers look up to Apple. I wish BB would learn a bit from them.
    anon(9188202) and chain13 like this.
    09-13-18 04:30 PM
    Apple caters to beautiful design. Not necessarily function. The past several generations if iPhones have been extremely slippery and prone to cracking when dropped. I think I've seen more cracked iPhones than non, lol. The new gen reiterate this point. Glass, screens, very shiny.

Android has the big advantage to being the only real competitor to Apple in the early days by flooding the market with cheap alternatives. The OS was real garbage back then hence the spec race began. It is still a pig and still requires high specs to be remotely usable.

If anybody (BlackBerry, Microsoft, nokia) would have tweaked their OS and hardware back in the early days with apps and readily available handsets to buy, they could easily have nipped Android in the bud. Sadly no one else bothered to compete with Apple (high end) or flood the market (low end). And thus we have to pick from the lesser of two or evils today.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-13-18 04:54 PM
    I don't care for Apple or iPhone and never did, but you are absolutely correct. They may not have the best specs and many, like myself, find their software too overbearing, but they have done an amazing marketing job with the whole Apple line.
    anon(4297019) likes this.
    09-13-18 05:27 PM
    But they take a lot of money from apps, books, musics, or the other services that work for ios on their 15% market share of iphone. No company could ever do that.
    09-14-18 09:46 PM
50 12