Getting out of Massachusetts, thank god. Any ideas on where to move to in Florida. I'm 27 and married. Considering Tampa or southeastern Florida. Love the beach and love to party.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 07:02 PM
    my first advice would be - dont go...lol...but the east coast is way better than the west coast...spent 6 years in the daytona/orlando area....i'd recommend orlando....good town, lots of business and job opportunities
    06-16-08 07:04 PM
    Well i live in Southeastern FL boynton beach to be exact (palm beach County)and i will say that i absolutely love it... im 25 myself and well theres alot to do down here if you like to have fun... theres alot of amazing beaches, boating, golf, watersports, not to mention your not far from Miami, and just about 2 1/2 hour drive to orlando where you can enjoy the theme parks... and all the touristy stuff..... honestly S florida is the place to be IMO tampas alright but a lil too blah for me aside from ebor city there isnt much at all to do IMO and your kinda far from south florida about 3 1/2-4 hrs to be exact...Im also a realtor down here as you can see and the market down here is def a buyers market right now... short sale and foreclosure galore soo you can def get a steal on a home/condo/or apt.....
    06-16-08 07:08 PM
    Getting out of Massachusetts, thank god. Any ideas on where to move to in Florida. I'm 27 and married. Considering Tampa or southeastern Florida. Love the beach and love to party.

I moved to Tampa four years ago and haven't regretted it for one second....come to Tampa.
    06-16-08 07:46 PM
    I reside in South Florida. The cost of living is probably comparable to Boston. South Florida has a great deal of amenities such as the sun, beaches, tourists, etc. I am not quite sure what field of work you are employed in but the fields of nursing, education, corrections, business are excellent fields.

I suggest you do your research concerning housing, employment, cost of living, taxes (Florida has no state income tax), etc.

I have resided in South Florida since 1988 and I love it.

I wish you concerning relocation to Florida.

Be Blessed.
    06-16-08 08:14 PM
    I lived in NH for 30 years and am currently in Orlando. Some very nices places around here to live but things are also very different then up north like they put housing areas right on 65 MPH roads, found it real messed up leaving my friends house having to cross 2 lanes going 65 70 stop in the middle and then jump back into traffic. Research will be your best bet and talk to people here. If you want to know about Orlando hospitals I can tell you pretty much anythings as I am in and out of it every other week **** sitting at one now after my second OP.

Good luck

06-17-08 06:03 AM
    I've lived here my whole life... I F***ING hate it... It's so damn hot ALL year, the beach and crap doesn't help because I hate salt water.

Here, read this.. This is a pretty good description in my opinion.

Dear Diary,
    April 30:
    Florida is fantastic! Just got here and love it already. Now this is a state that knows how to live - beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings - what a place! Watched the sunset from a park, lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

May 14:
    Really heating up. Got to 89 today. Not a problem, live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 5:
    Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms, cacti, and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. No more shoveling snow, either! Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 1:
    The temperature hasn't been below 90 all week, not even at night. Where are those ocean breezes we heard about? Still seems hot. Getting used to it will take a while, I guess. I sure miss my CD collection, though. I'll have to remember not to leave anything made of plastic in my car. Got one of those fuzzy steering wheel covers, cheaper than the burn ointment for my hands. I had always wondered what burnt flesh smelled like.

July 15:
    Fell asleep by the pool. (Got third-degree burns over 60 percent of my body.) Missed two days of work - what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though
    got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20:
    I sure miss our cat Tabby. He sneaked into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the car at noon, he'd swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, and just as I opened the door he exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. The kids think he ran away and I can't bring myself to tell them. The car now smells like Kibbles and kitty litter. No more pets in this heat!

July 25:
    Ocean breezes, my foot. Hot is hot! Our home air conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. My only hope for a break in the heat seems to be a hurricane.

July 30:
    Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now, swatting the swamp mosquitoes that are as big as B-52s. We pay $1,500 in house payments and can't even stand to be inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4:
    100 degrees. Finally got the air conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. The electric bill is almost as much as the house payment. And two old ladies almost ran me off the road. I hate this state.

Aug. 8:
    If another **** wisecracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to tear his head off. Can't stand this heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted Garfield.

Aug. 10:
    The weather report might as well be a recording
    HOT AND SUNNY. It's been way too hot, and the weatherman says it might *really* warm up next week. Whoever came up with the statement "It may be hot, but at least you don't have to shovel it," should die from heat exhaustion.

Aug. 14:
    I dreamed I was in blast furnace, but when I woke up, I was just in Florida! Temperature got to 102 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and asked, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,500 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug. 30:
    Worse day of the summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon rains finally came, and all they did was make it muggier than ever and drive the roaches out of the ground. I wasn't aware they could fly! The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in the Caribbean with its new $500 windshield. That does it - we're moving back to New York. I'd rather worry about being mugged. I hope this state breaks off and floats to Cuba!
    Last edited by Skormm; 06-17-08 at 05:01 PM.
    06-17-08 04:47 PM
    my suggestion is dont move... the boston celtics are griggin amazing this yr!!! dont go!!!
    06-17-08 05:30 PM
    I've lived here my whole life... I F***ING hate it... It's so damn hot ALL year, the beach and crap doesn't help because I hate salt water.

Here, read this.. This is a pretty good description in my opinion.

Dear Diary,
    April 30:
    Florida is fantastic! Just got here and love it already. Now this is a state that knows how to live - beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings - what a place! Watched the sunset from a park, lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

May 14:
    Really heating up. Got to 89 today. Not a problem, live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 5:
    Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms, cacti, and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. No more shoveling snow, either! Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 1:
    The temperature hasn't been below 90 all week, not even at night. Where are those ocean breezes we heard about? Still seems hot. Getting used to it will take a while, I guess. I sure miss my CD collection, though. I'll have to remember not to leave anything made of plastic in my car. Got one of those fuzzy steering wheel covers, cheaper than the burn ointment for my hands. I had always wondered what burnt flesh smelled like.

July 15:
    Fell asleep by the pool. (Got third-degree burns over 60 percent of my body.) Missed two days of work - what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though
    got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20:
    I sure miss our cat Tabby. He sneaked into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the car at noon, he'd swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, and just as I opened the door he exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. The kids think he ran away and I can't bring myself to tell them. The car now smells like Kibbles and kitty litter. No more pets in this heat!

July 25:
    Ocean breezes, my foot. Hot is hot! Our home air conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. My only hope for a break in the heat seems to be a hurricane.

July 30:
    Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now, swatting the swamp mosquitoes that are as big as B-52s. We pay $1,500 in house payments and can't even stand to be inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4:
    100 degrees. Finally got the air conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. The electric bill is almost as much as the house payment. And two old ladies almost ran me off the road. I hate this state.

Aug. 8:
    If another **** wisecracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to tear his head off. Can't stand this heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted Garfield.

Aug. 10:
    The weather report might as well be a recording
    HOT AND SUNNY. It's been way too hot, and the weatherman says it might *really* warm up next week. Whoever came up with the statement "It may be hot, but at least you don't have to shovel it," should die from heat exhaustion.

Aug. 14:
    I dreamed I was in blast furnace, but when I woke up, I was just in Florida! Temperature got to 102 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and asked, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,500 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug. 30:
    Worse day of the summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon rains finally came, and all they did was make it muggier than ever and drive the roaches out of the ground. I wasn't aware they could fly! The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in the Caribbean with its new $500 windshield. That does it - we're moving back to New York. I'd rather worry about being mugged. I hope this state breaks off and floats to Cuba!
    LMAO... thats really funny... but def a lil over-exaggerated IMO Ive lived here for going on 10 years now and as i said before i will say it again I LOVE FL... prior to living here i lived in NJ and NYC and i guess unless you've lived both sides of the spectrum you really dont know how great we have it here in FL... YES it does get hot... but thats more of a reason to go get a tan at the beach and or relax by the pool...people are way more friendlier then up north...if your in the corporate side of business you'll notice that people don't dress up as much in suites and ties due to the weather which IMO is much better then having to wear a suite and tie everyday... you never have to worry about being snowed in.. or having to wake up an hour before work just to shovel your car out of the snow in freezing weather (below 0) in order to get out the drive way and to work...during fall and Christmas the weather get really nice sometimes as low as 40 degrees... no leaves to have to rake...you don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe for the fall...i mean i can go on and on believe me FL is amazing... yes it has its bad points (like the really hot days, and when it gets a lil humid when we get those sun showers) but what place doesn't have a downfall to it???
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 06-17-08 at 05:51 PM.
    06-17-08 05:49 PM
    LMAO... thats really funny... but def a lil over-exaggerated IMO Ive lived here for going on 10 years now and as i said before i will say it again I LOVE FL... prior to living here i lived in NJ and NYC and i guess unless you've lived both sides of the spectrum you really dont know how great we have it here in FL... YES it does get hot... but thats more of a reason to go get a tan at the beach and or relax by the pool...people are way more friendlier then up north...if your in the corporate side of business you'll notice that people don't dress up as much in suites and ties due to the weather which IMO is much better then having to wear a suite and tie everyday... you never have to worry about being snowed in.. or having to wake up an hour before work just to shovel your car out of the snow in order to get out the drive way and to work...during fall and Christmas the weather get really nice sometimes as low as 40 degrees... no leaves to have to rake...you don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe for the fall...i mean i can go on and on believe me FL is amazing... yes it has its bad points (like the really hot days, and when it getting a lil humid when we get those sun showers) but what place doesn't have a downfall to it???
    lol, I've always loved cold weather, I wear T-shirts and shorts when it's 20 degrees outside, so you can imagine how hot it feels to me when it's in the 100's. I used to work at Publix (only people from the southeast will know what that is) and they make you wear those damn uniforms, black pants, cotton shirt, black apron. Working in the heat is NOT fun. Sure it's a nice place to vacation but that's because you don't have to do anything and you can wear shorts or dress however you like. When you're going to work, if you're lucky you get to be inside in the A/C all day, so what you wear really won't matter much. But I did some construction work in St. Petersburg, working from 6am to 8pm, and you have to wear a certain type of clothing, and all the safety equipment.. That crap sucks, so I guess it really depends on what you plan on doing while you're here. If you're going to be working outside all day, prepare to wish you were dead.
    06-17-08 05:54 PM
    lol, I've always loved cold weather, I wear T-shirts and shorts when it's 20 degrees outside, so you can imagine how hot it feels to me when it's in the 100's. I used to work at Publix (only people from the southeast will know what that is) and they make you wear those damn uniforms, black pants, cotton shirt, black apron. Working in the heat is NOT fun. Sure it's a nice place to vacation but that's because you don't have to do anything and you can wear shorts or dress however you like. When you're going to work, if you're lucky you get to be inside in the A/C all day, so what you wear really won't matter much. But I did some construction work in St. Petersburg, working from 6am to 8pm, and you have to wear a certain type of clothing, and all the safety equipment.. That crap sucks, so I guess it really depends on what you plan on doing while you're here. If you're going to be working outside all day, prepare to wish you were dead.
    LOL believe me i do feel ya... i mean i sell real estate so im in and out of my car all day in this weather and i do work up a swet so i def understand what you mean but i guess i just like the fact that the positives in FL out weigh the negatives when it comes to the climate....if all i have to deal with is the Heat and hurricanes im a happy camper....
    06-17-08 05:58 PM
    LOL believe me i do feel ya... i mean i sell real estate so im in and out of my car all day in this weather and i do work up a swet so i def understand what you mean but i guess i just like the fact that the positives in FL out weigh the negatives when it comes to the climate....if all i have to deal with is the Heat and hurricanes im a happy camper....
    Until a hurricane takes your house and your car for a nice little swim in the Atlantic.

And I think I was born to live up north because I'm kind of anti-social in person, I don't really like meeting new people or making small talk so maybe I should just move to New York and take a bike to work.
    06-17-08 06:00 PM
    Until a hurricane takes your house and your car for a nice little swim in the Atlantic.

And I think I was born to live up north because I'm kind of anti-social in person, I don't really like meeting new people or making small talk so maybe I should just move to New York and take a bike to work.
    LMAO... hehe ya you would probably love NYC i mean to be totally honest with you i LOVE NYC aswell but its way to expensive to live in manhattan...but ya i mean you would probably love NYC if thats the case... see im very outgoing and friendly i like talking to anyone and everyone... im very much into networking... and honestly i dont mind the cold up north... but due to my asthma it was never good for me for some reason...and ya ive actually been through my fair share of hurricanes and they dont really faze me... i have my generator going my home is CBS construction and i have a new roof... all my doors and windows are made to withstand category 4+ hurricanes so ive actually invited friends over the past 3 -4 years and had hurricane partys! they are quite fun... (just make sure the ppl you invite are ppl you wouldnt mind dealing with for 2-3 days lol)
    06-17-08 06:08 PM
    (just make sure the ppl you invite are ppl you wouldnt mind dealing with for 2-3 days lol)
    Uhh... yea that would be... nobody really, lol... My girlfriend, my best friend, his wife and daughter. But that's about it... I can't stand being around people for more than a few hours. That's why I love the internet and phones and instant messaging... All you have to do is say "bye" and then log out. Or if it's just a friend who you're not really worried about being polite to, just leave without saying anything haha.
    06-17-08 06:10 PM
    Uhh... yea that would be... nobody really, lol... My girlfriend, my best friend, his wife and daughter. But that's about it... I can't stand being around people for more than a few hours. That's why I love the internet and phones and instant messaging... All you have to do is say "bye" and then log out. Or if it's just a friend who you're not really worried about being polite to, just leave without saying anything haha.

LMAO very true... im known for doing this some times with my close buddies!
    06-17-08 06:17 PM
    LOL, OK, as for the OP, I'd say the most common places that people move in Florida are.

Daytona, Miami, Panama City, Fort Lauterdale(or however it's spelled.), Tampa, Orlando, and a couple others I'm sure but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
    06-17-08 06:27 PM
    LOL, OK, as for the OP, I'd say the most common places that people move in Florida are.

Daytona, Miami, Panama City, Fort Lauterdale(or however it's spelled.), Tampa, Orlando, and a couple others I'm sure but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
    I would have to agree with you... however Daytona... ehh not too much... and you forgot Palm Beach which is really nice as well... and yes Fort Lauderdale is great place also...Miami is great but a lil too congested for my taste...
    06-17-08 06:37 PM
    I would have to agree with you... however Daytona... ehh not too much... and you forgot Palm Beach which is really nice as well... and yes Fort Lauderdale is great place also...Miami is great but a lil too congested for my taste...
    Yea I was thinking Palm Beach, but I couldn't remember if that was actually a town/city or just a beach lol. And yea, Miami has a lot of people.
    06-17-08 06:49 PM
    Florida.....west coast is nice, humidity sucks! I would prefer Arizona myself......

06-17-08 06:56 PM
    When I finally leave Fl--not for another 10-15 yrs, I'm going to AZ....but all these COMPLAINTS! And OMG, the poor CAT!

I moved here with my Siberian Husky almost four years ago--TECO LOVES me, due to my AC bill for making sure he stays cool--and with all of that, for the few days in Dec/Jan when the temp drops to the mid 30s, I am ticked beyond the telling of it.

I confess that hurricanes scare me--but no more than the tornadoes when I lived in the midwest, or the blizzards when I lived on the East Coast.....<shrug> it's always something, weatherwise.
    06-18-08 01:26 PM
    When I finally leave Fl--not for another 10-15 yrs, I'm going to AZ....but all these COMPLAINTS! And OMG, the poor CAT!

I moved here with my Siberian Husky almost four years ago--TECO LOVES me, due to my AC bill for making sure he stays cool--and with all of that, for the few days in Dec/Jan when the temp drops to the mid 30s, I am ticked beyond the telling of it.

I confess that hurricanes scare me--but no more than the tornadoes when I lived in the midwest, or the blizzards when I lived on the East Coast.....<shrug> it's always something, weatherwise.
    lol, yea AC bills can be killer here, I think the best investment I've made so far in my life, an very powerful fan... was $120, I bought it 2 years ago, it has been on 24 hours every day since I bought it, except for a few days that I wasn't home.

As far as the weather goes, the worst that hurricanes do in the part of Florida I live in is knock the power out and maybe push a couple trees over. tornadoes? I have seen 1 touch the ground in this city since I've lived here, (almost 19 years.)
    06-18-08 01:58 PM
    lol, yea AC bills can be killer here, I think the best investment I've made so far in my life, an very powerful fan... was $120, I bought it 2 years ago, it has been on 24 hours every day since I bought it, except for a few days that I wasn't home.

As far as the weather goes, the worst that hurricanes do in the part of Florida I live in is knock the power out and maybe push a couple trees over. tornadoes? I have seen 1 touch the ground in this city since I've lived here, (almost 19 years.)
    I moved here during the worst tornado season that fl had seen in a while--I actually holed up in GA for 4 days waiting to see what Ivan would do.....but it hasn't been that bad since then.....

Yeah, I've invested in fans as well--the Husky stays camped out in front of one-lol....that way I can SORT of mitigate the bill by having the cold air blown around the house.......but as I say, even with all of that, I love, love LOVE Tampa!
    06-18-08 03:14 PM
    I moved here during the worst tornado season that fl had seen in a while--I actually holed up in GA for 4 days waiting to see what Ivan would do.....but it hasn't been that bad since then.....

Yeah, I've invested in fans as well--the Husky stays camped out in front of one-lol....that way I can SORT of mitigate the bill by having the cold air blown around the house.......but as I say, even with all of that, I love, love LOVE Tampa!
    Tornado or hurricane? I thought Ivan was a hurricane.
    06-18-08 03:16 PM
    Tampa/ Largo is nice as is Orlanda...just stay away from the Panhandle, IMHO
    06-18-08 03:19 PM
    Arrrgh...lived in tallahokey for about 3 years and I wouldn't go back if someone paid me. Actually, no one could pay me to go back to that state for more than a vacation.

Like you said, it's a great place to visit....but you don't wanna live there.

Dm
    06-19-08 09:08 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD