Has anyone seen this film, 'The Good Shepherd'?

I love movies and try to go a often as possible to the cinema, in addition to buying all the latest DVD's (& Blue Ray). I've got at least 300+ at present...

But, this one I never saw in the cinema, I've watched it twice on DVD. My problem is, this movie is highly rated, yet I feel I've missed something really big in it, not sure what, but...

So, have you seen it?
    What do you think about it?
    What are the messages between the lines?
    04-30-07 07:52 AM
    I saw it in the theater on Christmas Day.

I liked the movie. It had a lot of plot twists, but I never really saw anything "big" either. I kept looking for something, but never really found it.

That's not to take anything away from the movie because I thought it was pretty good. I just think all the hype and advertising for it was a little misleading.
    04-30-07 09:45 AM
    I saw it and enjoyed it but felt like I missed something too. I feel like you needed to know the background and history of the events to really "get it". I felt like it was a bit long and just kept thinking I missed it. I was going to Google the details to understand more of the movie but never actually did.

I am also a huge movie buff.
    04-30-07 10:57 AM
    i too am a HUGE movie buff...and when i saw The Good Shepard, i must say that i was a bit disappointed. sure, its a great movie (historically recounting the birth of the CIA)...but it was a bit long, slow, and seemed to drag at many points. and there was no real climax of the movie. i would have to agree that after watching it, i felt like i had missed some big protion of it...

good cast tho...
    04-30-07 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD